Quantcast Frozen 2 Announced

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Frozen 2 Announced

Frozen 2!

After months of speculation, Bob Iger, John Lasseter and actor Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) announced from the stage that Frozen 2 is officially in development at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The film will reunite the Oscar®-winning filmmaking team behind Frozen, including director Chris Buck, director/writer Jennifer Lee and producer Peter Del Vecho. A release date and production details are yet to be announced.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No. For the love of all that is good. No.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Remind me, wasn't it fairly recently that Disney put an end t the cheapquel parade? And yet how many movies in the pipeline are sequels?

Post Thanks / Like

If the music and animation are as good as the original, I will watch it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish the madness that is called Frozen would just come to an end.....I can not take anymore.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

As painful as it is for adults, kids love it and that's what it's all about.
    July 1991 Caribbean Beach
    October 2003 Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2005 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2006 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2007 Offsite
    October 2007 Polynesian!!!
    POR November '10
    Beach Club 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymajik View Post
    As painful as it is for adults, kids love it and that's what it's all about.

Eh. I'll respectfully disagree there.

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear, I liked Frozen. Quite a bit, actually. I am just SO TIRED of it. I didn't even buy it, because I was just sick of the whole over saturated thing.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    To be clear, I liked Frozen. Quite a bit, actually. I am just SO TIRED of it. I didn't even buy it, because I was just sick of the whole over saturated thing.

Exactly! You beat me to it, Nat, as I was actually coming back here to say the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I for one am not going to be a negative Nellie like quite a few of you.

One of their biggest movies of all time... no one is surprised and I'm quite sure it will be a huge hit - as long as the music is just as solid as the original.

Plenty to like about the movie - but agree with most the degree to which everything has been "frozen'd" can take it's toll!

Here's my hope - that they have some more animation hits in the near future that evens out the frozen mania - Big Hero 6 which I just saw (shame on me) was actually a great flick. With the box office it did, I'm surprised they haven't played it for more than they have. I guess the musicals lend themselves to the mania.

Pretty sure the Lion King was this big at the time it was out as well....

Anyway, I am sure the announcement will make a lot of kids and many adults pretty happy and keep the ride relevant in Norway long after it opens.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

While I did not like Frozen very much (I have only seen it once), I did LOVE Toy Story 2 ..... Seeing as Lasseter is at the helm, perhaps Frozen 2 will be really awesome! Sometimes sequels are pretty darned good!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Remind me, wasn't it fairly recently that Disney put an end t the cheapquel parade? And yet how many movies in the pipeline are sequels?
    I think the operative word in your quote is cheapequel. I highly doubt this will be done cheaply. The point was badly done sequels, this will have investment and talent behind it.

Whether individual people here like or dislike Frozen is really irrelevant. It is Disney's biggest movie, it continually making money because there is demand. What business wouldn't provide more of something the public is clamoring for.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

How long did it take for them to finally put the pieces in place to make Frozen? While announcing it is in the pipeline is exciting for many, I'm guessing its at least 3-4 years out. Just look at the glacial pace with some of their other projects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well, I for one am not going to be a negative Nellie like quite a few of you.

One of their biggest movies of all time... no one is surprised and I'm quite sure it will be a huge hit - as long as the music is just as solid as the original.

Plenty to like about the movie - but agree with most the degree to which everything has been "frozen'd" can take it's toll!

Here's my hope - that they have some more animation hits in the near future that evens out the frozen mania - Big Hero 6 which I just saw (shame on me) was actually a great flick. With the box office it did, I'm surprised they haven't played it for more than they have. I guess the musicals lend themselves to the mania.

Pretty sure the Lion King was this big at the time it was out as well....

Anyway, I am sure the announcement will make a lot of kids and many adults pretty happy and keep the ride relevant in Norway long after it opens.
    I have often thought that if Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast had come out in this age of social media, we would have been saturated with their music/characters as well and people would be saying how tired they are of those films!

I have no trouble with them making this sequel. I suspect it will be a big hit, provided they have have quality musical numbers included.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow what a serious bunch of grumps. I have two four year old girls that will be THRILLED to get some more Anna and Elsa.

Good news far as I'm concerned, as long as the original cast returns and the story/music is as good as the original.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Good news far as I'm concerned, as long as the original cast returns and the story/music is as good as the original.
    Has this ever happened in a sequel (excluding Pixar)? I am honestly wondering. I can't think of a sequel from Disney Animation that was even somewhat memorable.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Other than Pixar, what "real" sequels had disney released into theaters.

I honestly don't really count all those extra lion kings, aladdins, mermaids, etc because they were all direct to video. Those types of movies obviously lack effort.

As far as music and story goes for the sequel, I bet they'll be fine as long as the Lopez's are back.

Mr. is an EGOT winner and has numerous hits. He writes new music all the time and it's not like his new stuff is getting worse than his older stuff.

I think the problem with those cheap sequels that we hated was the music. Take Mermaid and Aladdin for example. Alan Menken was the composer for the originals. A Disney Legend. He didn't returm for the sequels.

I think, as long as the Lopez's return, we are fine.

As to John's point about Big Hero 6... It was awesome! One thing that these movies make clear is that it is the music, not the movie itself, that is driving Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Has this ever happened in a sequel (excluding Pixar)? I am honestly wondering. I can't think of a sequel from Disney Animation that was even somewhat memorable.
    Well since Lasseter is on board, I would say the Pixar examples would be the analogous ones not the cheapquels of the 90's.

I'm expecting a TS2 quality or better on this. They know where the bar is set.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well since Lasseter is on board, I would say the Pixar examples would be the analogous ones not the cheapquels of the 90's.

I'm expecting a TS2 quality or better on this. They know where the bar is set.
    Wasn't Lasseter on board Cars 2 also though?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 47 year old man and I think it is a great movie. I really don't see what all the fuss is about with people who are Disney fans saying that they don't like it. It is certainly better than many Disney animated films if not quite equal to the best. I think it is really great than another generation is finding relevance in a Disney film and proves the longevity of the company. I find that exciting.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort