Quantcast Difference between disney buses and driving - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed off site so far so we tend to drive, the purple road signs have become iconic for us. We once took a bus but having just asked around we can't remember why, might have been one of the water parks? River Country maybe? Is there a reason we would be bussing there?

If you take the bus would you bypass the Monorail/Ferry at Magic Kingdom? As again those are part of the magic for me, like the first ride of the vacation.

Admittedly the car may only seem hassle-free for me because my Dad has always done the driving. If it were down to me to do the driving there's a good chance I'd say "Let's take the bus!"
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I am of two minds when it comes to bus vs. car (rental or otherwise) for getting around WDW.

A qualifier: In all my visits to WDW, I (we) have used Bus transportation (or WDW provided transportation - bus, boat, monorail) for everything.

Disney provided transportation is great and allows you that last little piece of release from the real world, and for the most part, I would suggest that it is your best bet.

EXCEPT....You must understand that later in the evenings and at park closings it can be a royal pain! They typically try to get as many sardines into the can as humanly possible and, especially at closing time, this can be nasty. Thousands of people trying to get to and on buses to get back to their respective resorts; Buses that fill to capacity (and more) in seconds; ECVs, wheelchairs and the like having to be loaded first (and no, I do not have a problem with this myself)...It can take a good amount of time to get back to your resort after closing.

Not only do you get the hot, sweaty bodies and tired, cranky kids (and adults), you can have people like me who are not physically able to handle the full day on their feet, but refuse to use an ECV on principal (If I can walk/stand in the morning, I can certainly walk/stand at the end of the day!!) who will stand on the bus, but be constantly moving so as to reduce the lower back and foot pain. (Sorry to all who I may have made uncomfortable with this!! I will refuse to take a seat from elderly, pregnant women, or people with babies/infants who NEED to be held.)

All that being said, I always enjoy the bus rides - chatting with other visitors, reminiscing about the days events, just sitting back and listening to the music playing on the bus and how it changes based on your destination.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

4. Likes CanadianWDWFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We always rent a car. With 3 kids, it is awful to deal with tired children, waiting for a bus, standing on a bus, folding a stroller (and all the stuff that was under the stroller) and then walking to your room with said tired/sleeping kids. Even with staying on-site one of our first trips is to the car care center to get a small car. The kids can fall asleep on the way home in their comfy seats with the air blazing and we can carry them the short distance to the room. We tried to go without on the last trip - I thought DH was going to lose it He took an uber over to car care and took any car he could get
    "Don't bustle me. Don't now-then me."
    --Eeyore

6. Likes CanadianWDWFan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: