Quantcast First Cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: First Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Cruise

I am a wdw veteran and rundisney veteran and now we are going on our first DCL cruise. What do i need to know? We have 5 kids and my first question is how strict are they about where the kids end up? my tween and teen don't want to be separated.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean the kids clubs? Pretty strict from what I hear.

Post Thanks / Like

The age cutoffs are very strict. However, both the oceaneers club and lab are really one big space so they can hang out together in there. It is for ages 3-12. Anyone over 12 cannot go there and can go to the Edge. Edge is for 11-14 but kids can't go back and forth between the Edge and Club/Lab if they are 11. Have to choose one for the duration of the cruise and stick with it. If your kids are 11 and 14, for example, they can both go to Edge. Vibe is the club for 14-17. Again, a 14 year old can choose Edge or Vibe but cannot go to both, I don't think. Might be more flexible with a 14 year old who wants to go to both since there is no signing in/out for Edge and Vibe.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The above ages are correct, however, my son was able to do both lab and edge on our last cruise. They are strict in the upper age limit (and 3 for club) but I have heard reports of kids who were close in age to the lower cutoff being able to age up if a sibling was in the group. Apparently This is subject to the CM discretion, how busy the space is and what the age mix is (ie more older vs younger kids).

As far as what to know (not sure if you already know about these)

if you take a shirt/pillowcase (usually one per child in stateroom) and markers to guest services they can have the characters (either fab 5 or princesses) sign them for you.

As a runner if you are going to castaway cay on your cruise, there is a 5k in the am.

Not sure if you drink, but DCL allows alcohol to be brought on board
    Last edited by Kenny1113; 02-10-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Typo
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    if you take a shirt/pillowcase (usually one per child in stateroom) and markers to guest services they can have the characters (either fab 5 or princesses) sign them for you.
    Last July we had a couple plates signed by all the characters (got to pick from those on-board). They didn't differentiate between Fab-5 and Princess.

Is this Fab-5/Princess thing a t-shirt/pillowcase thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Not sure if you drink, but DCL allows alcohol to be brought on board
    To clarify, you can board on embarkation day with alcohol. We do mostly Caribbean and at least there, Disney doesn't take deliveries from many (if any) ports and anything you buy on the island and lug back I think is kept until the last day of the cruise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Last July we had a couple plates signed by all the characters (got to pick from those on-board). They didn't differentiate between Fab-5 and Princess.

Is this Fab-5/Princess thing a t-shirt/pillowcase thing?
    Idk what they limit/don't limit it to.when I went to guest services, I was given a slip of paper to write down my info and there was an option to select either the fab 5 or princesses. I chose fab 5 for my boys, this year I think I will try princesses for my niece.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: