Quantcast DW's 40th BDay Trip - Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DW's 40th BDay Trip - Day 3

Today was an early morning after a late night. It is DW's 40th BDay today. We drove because I do not trust the bus system still. We get to the MK early and the monorails are down No big deal and we hop on the ferry. We watch the opening ceremony and my DD is jumping up and down to see Scoop Sanderson opening the park. Her day is off to a great start.

As the herds enter the park, DW splits off to ride SM while DD and I hit Peter Pan, Teacups, Speedway, and Buzz. DW meets up with us there and we do more rides. By not following the herds to A&E and 7DMT, we are able to walk on most rides. We are able to do most of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland by 11AM. We head over to Main Street to see the characters. We ran into several and especially Scoop. DD asked him how Licorice and Butterscotch were doing. Scoop had her walk them around. He remembered her, but not her name. She gave him a giant hug and asked if we would be trading pins. This is the only thing she wanted to do all day. Sure enough he was and told her to meet him at 1PM.

Off to Crystal Palace for our 11:30AM reservation. We had a great meal. Right as we started, the Heaven's let loose. It poured like crazy...a typical Summer frog choker. It lasted about 45 minutes and then done. Glad we were eating during it. Excellent lunch as always. Loved seeing Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet.

We went through the stores shopping a little and pin trading. It was about time to see Scoop. Constance, Beatrice, Victoria, and Scoop. They were all in great character. Not sure if it was impromptu or not, but Victoria asked Beatrice for lipstick. Victoria proceeds to put it on all over and around her lips (picture a very funny clown). Scoop, Constance, and Beatrice had a hard time keeping a straight face. They were all laughing at it as were the spectators.

After that show, Scoop is ready to trade pins. All people there waited patiently. He went to the two kids first. My DD and another lady's DD. We go through pin trading with Scoop with our better trading pins. These are the type of pins people really want or purchase. Those are the types of pins Scoop trades too. I was happy to see the 3 really nice pins we traded others wanted.

We do a few more rides and head back to BW after a long morning. DD loves being at the pool and playing the games the cMs put on. I love taking a break, having an afternoon . Instead of going back to a park, we head over to DTD. It is fun to shop, see it at night, and of course pin trading for my DD. She can burn through a lot of pins there on a good night. The pin station there has all the new sets on display so she can see what else she needs. She can also look at others things she has come across. Of course, she has started about 10 new sets and it will take multiple trips to complete.

We spend about 2 hours at DTD. The whole time, we start to see cheer/dance squads...uh oh!!! To be honest, we never encountered an issue with them our whole trip. They were never excessively loud, never caused any scenes, and were as pleasant as ever. The only thing we did encounter were the very small few that wanted to dress and act like prostitutes. This is a very small number but they were OBVIOUS in the packs. I was wondering where one's parents or chaperons were. She couldn't have even been 14 and walking around with just her bra on. She had taken off her cheer/dance team t-shirt. No, it was not a bikini top, it was her bra. I do not know how long it took for Disney Security to do something, but I hope they did before she got what she was looking for from someone she didn't want it from.

Fun evening there. As we were heading out, we stopped at Art of Disney. We are looking at the different pieces when a CM saw a pin I had. It was the Jessica Rabbit Pin Trading Night pin. She said she waited in line hoping to get one but didn't. She said the lead designer of the pin was in back and he would love to see it. After struggling with the locking pin back, she took it back to him. The two came back out. They wanted to check the serial number to verify it is not being counterfeited. It was real and he asked if I wanted him to sign it. He did and I have only the second with his autograph...thank you Gene Gonda!!!
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun trip so far.

uh, who is Scoop? none of those characters sound familiar you were trading pins with. Our youngest is 20 so I am guessing they are new Disney channel characters ??
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Only Scoop trades pins and it is only certain days and very specific times for short periods (about 15 minutes each time).
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Even with the rain shower, you had a lovely day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Belated Bday to your DW - sounds like she had a lovely day. Sounds like DD did too with all of the interaction from Scoop! Great lunch, love Crystal Palace. Nice visit to DTD, and what a special surprise to have Mr. Gonda sign the pin! He has done two personalized character drawings for my son over the years, and they are very cherished in our house. Maybe time to put that pin in a special case instead of your lanyard! Thanks for sharing another great day with us.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Who is Scoop Sanderson? Is he a character or just someone who trades pins?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Great Great day!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: