Quantcast Be our Guest Lunch Changes - no more FP+ it seems

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Be our Guest Lunch Changes - no more FP+ it seems

Just got my new shiny AP and went over to the Be Out Guest FP+ website to book my lunch.. when at the top of the page it now says:

"On Feb. 24, 2015 the lunch testing at Be Our Guest Restaurant will be ending.
    Beginning Feb. 25, log on to MyDisneyExperience.com for more information
    about dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch."

Also there are no dates to select fo+ day/time from the website listed after Feb 11th..

I don't see anything on My Disney Experience yet letting me book there either.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After 2/25 Be Our Guest will be a regular ADR selection. There will no longer be any type of FP+ option available for this venue.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

There will also be a credit card guarantee required when you make an ADR.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing is a bit odd to me. It's switching to the ADR system, but will still function as a quick service. You will still pre-order your meal, and it will keep the same menu and service model. The menu was fine so I don't care that it isn't changing (although I wouldn't argue with expanding it), but why not make it a full table service? All I can come up with is staffing.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    The whole thing is a bit odd to me. It's switching to the ADR system, but will still function as a quick service. You will still pre-order your meal, and it will keep the same menu and service model. The menu was fine so I don't care that it isn't changing (although I wouldn't argue with expanding it), but why not make it a full table service? All I can come up with is staffing.
    Simple, it's about turnover. They make way more money keeping it CS and the pre ordering speeds things up even more. If the place didn't have such high demand, it would function the same as every other CS.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

...It's switching to the ADR system, but will still function as a quick service. You will still pre-order your meal, and it will keep the same menu and service model.
    If they are now going to make it operate through the regular ADR system, how are you going to preorder your food? Are they definitely keeping the preordering option??

If they do, are they going to modify the normal website used for all ADRs (and the entire MDE) and integrate the food-selection portion of the old BOG designated website into the ADR page for BOG in the future?
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Simple, it's about turnover. They make way more money keeping it CS and the pre ordering speeds things up even more. If the place didn't have such high demand, it would function the same as every other CS.
    Very true. And without a server, you aren't tempted to order more and stay longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    If they are now going to make it operate through the regular ADR system, how are you going to preorder your food? Are they definitely keeping the preordering option??

If they do, are they going to modify the normal website used for all ADRs (and the entire MDE) and integrate the food-selection portion of the old BOG designated website into the ADR page for BOG in the future?

This is all the Disney Parks Blog announcement said-
    "Guests will also have the option to pre-order their meal 30 days prior up to 5 minutes before their reservation.

Lunch is served daily from 10:30a.m. – 2:30p.m. Reservations can be made beginning February 25 via My Disney Experience, by visiting disneyworld.com/dine, or by calling 407-WDW-DINE."
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Two ways of doing this come to mind; both pretty simple. They already have the pre-ordering stuff in place, so all they'd need to do is link you there after you make your ADR. Alternately , and even easier, is to just send you an email with the link to the pre-order page. That wouldn't require any changes to the actual ADR process at all - just a backend proceed to collect all the ADRs for BOG lunch and send out a mass email. Sending an email link is exactly what they've been doing. The only difference is that they'd pull the data from the ADR system instead of the resort reservation system.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

This is all the Disney Parks Blog announcement said-
    "Guests will also have the option to pre-order their meal 30 days prior up to 5 minutes before their reservation.

Lunch is served daily from 10:30a.m. – 2:30p.m. Reservations can be made beginning February 25 via My Disney Experience, by visiting disneyworld.com/dine, or by calling 407-WDW-DINE."
    I called 407-WDW-DINE today and asked if was correct that I'd be able to call back on Feb 25 or later to make a lunch reservation. They said they have no knowledge of that change. Was it an official announcement?

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpirit02 View Post
    I called 407-WDW-DINE today and asked if was correct that I'd be able to call back on Feb 25 or later to make a lunch reservation. They said they have no knowledge of that change. Was it an official announcement?
    I haven't seen an official announcement, but I can guess it is from the number and variety of forums this has been reported on. It's not unusual for them to have no comment on it when you call. Until it's actually an option in their system, they might not be able to confirm when you call in. To me, it makes far more sense to have this in the ADR system than it did to have it as a FP experience. And it's so popular that they need to do something, even if it operates more as a QS.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpirit02 View Post
    It was on the offical Disney Parks Blog where they make many announcemtns, so yes. However, as Sherri noted, the people on the other end of the line probably don't know much beyond what they see in the system.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

I've put a reminder in my phone to call Feb 25th for a lunch res in April! Fingers crossed.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

With the NextGen project (magic bands, booking FP+), part of the plan is, or at least was, to make it so guests could preorder their food for any counter service restaurant... I guess you could say Be Our Guest was the test restaurant... As things get more and more straightened out, you'll start seeing the other counter service options offering preorder as well... Not ADR, but pre-order...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    With the NextGen project (magic bands, booking FP+), part of the plan is, or at least was, to make it so guests could preorder their food for any counter service restaurant... I guess you could say Be Our Guest was the test restaurant... As things get more and more straightened out, you'll start seeing the other counter service options offering preorder as well... Not ADR, but pre-order...
    Because I know exactly what I want to be eating 30 days from now . . .
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    You don't have to pre-order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Same can be said for booking ADRs 180 days out, cause I know what I want to eat 6 months out...

Also, you don't have to pre-order 30 days out, or at all.. You can pre-order the day of, the day before...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

So this morning I thought I'd try the new BOG system so I could report back. At 6AM I was able to get a lunch ADR during our trip. It did ask for a cc guarantee with a 24 hour cancellation, it did not ask me if I wanted to preorder. Ended transaction, received my confirmation number. Ok, armed with the info I needed I went back in to cancel it. Sounds easy, right? Not so much! When I went into MDE, no BOG lunch.

I waited for my email and tried to link the reservation, didn't work….i tried to click the link and go through the email and go a message to call dining if I was having problems. That will have to wait until after work. Also, on the bottom of the email where it shows the DDP credits needed it lists it as a TS lunch.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to get ours this morning, and have received emails confirming, but it's not showing up in MDE yet, either. We've had other ressies take a lil while to show up before, so not really worried. Have the res numbers, so we will be there! Excited! And READY!!!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that the lunch reservations will not show up on your MDE account. When they did the lunch offerings before those confirmations never went into MDE either.
    Just keep your confirmation handy. Congrats on getting one!
    It appears the site opened up at 3am or before this morning!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joannelet View Post
    I have a feeling that the lunch reservations will not show up on your MDE account. When they did the lunch offerings before those confirmations never went into MDE either.
    Just keep your confirmation handy. Congrats on getting one!
    It appears the site opened up at 3am or before this morning!
    Yes, I think it did open early! I was just a little before time, trying to see what the layout looked like, and warm my moody computer up, lol.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P