Quantcast Poly People Arrival Day!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly People Arrival Day!

So we're off! No need for an alarm, I, as usual, could not sleep the night before an early departure, so I had been up since 2:30 a.m. while my family blissfully slept. Grrr....why can't I just close my eyes and go to sleep? Our driver was prompt in spite of icy roads, and off to the airport we go with a quick stop for coffees for the ride.
    I was worried about delays because of the weather, we lucked out with only an hour delay as they "de iced" the plane, which never feels good to hear! Our first time flying Jet Blue in awhile, and loved the roomier seats we paid for. I was able to snooze a bit which helped power me thru the rest of the day.
    Touch down at MCO! We flew right thru Alamo for our car as I prechecked us in. We just had to choose our car and go. And we did. How wonderful to see green again!!!! We've been buried underneath snow and ice so long I forgot how wonderful green is!
    Our arrival at the Poly was something to see. The new lobby is delightful, so open and warm, and I love the perfect view of the castle thru the doors. So lovely!
    We were starving when we arrived at the Poly, so we left our bags with bell services and went straight to Captain Cooks before our room. Nice. They now ask you where you will be sitting,and bring it to you. We found a great spot outside of the new pineapple Lanai, and our chow was soon out. Curry meatballs for me, noodle bowl for my son, some kind of sandwich for Khloe and a lobster roll for DH. All good, but surreal to be sitting there after leaving the cold of NJ. So familiar our home away from home was, yet so different, with the Volcano pool being worked on and blocked and some new pathways.
    Off to the Hawaii bldg. and our room request had been granted. Yay! Same room we almost always have for the past 15 years. Bliss. We settled in like pros, and off to MK for us!! Again, surreal. Am I really here?? We had fastpasses for Buzz first, then we did Laugh Floor, then Haunted Mansion. All at a leisurely pace, taking in a castle show and dance party along the way. Taking it all in really, we walked the park, then headed to Be our Guest for dinner.
    Our fourth time there, we were seated in the same room. The dark room with the thunder that we love. We were seated "under" the beasts bed. Braised pork for me, steak for DH, salmon for Khloe, and pork chop for my son, Kai. We also started with soups for the boys, and Khloe and I split the trio salad app and it was very delicious. We ended with the orange éclair, crème puff, and strawberry cupcake to split. This is always a terrific experience. What a start to our adventure. Next time I'm getting the steak tho, my husbands was delicious, I would just switch my side to the cauliflower mash to keep it healthier, instead of the fries.
    When we walked outside, Wishes was starting and we watched it from the bridge of the restaurant. A great view that we hadn't had before. A sweet ending to our day. And then one more ride. Jungle cruise fastpasses to be used. In all of our years coming to WDW, this had got to be the BEST skipper we ever had. My stomach actually hurt from laughing out loud. I didn't catch his name, but he looked very much like a younger Ben Stiller. He was on point, so many new jokes, and the entire boat was roaring with laughter. Love when you get a good skipper. We never repeated this ride like we usually do on a trip because this guy was that good.
    Back to the Poly for sleep, oh, and the electrical water parade! At this point, I'm almost delirious from being up almost 24 hours at this point. Night night Poly. I am glad to be back.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are so lucky to be able to stay at Poly so many times!! We have stayed one night many years ago- love it! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

The view is great behind the castle for Wishes. We used to sit near the old Dumbo location during the MVMCP's when our girls were younger.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

So happy that your travels were uneventful - you never can tell what you'll be handed as far as delays this time of year!

A delightful arrival day - Lisa, I knew that once the plane touched down you would be back into the Disney frame of mind! I hope each day of your trip is as great as this one was! Looking forward to Day 2
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

You're there!! Yay!!

Glad to hear you like the changes at the Poly particularly in the lobby.

What a great beginning!! I know exactly what you mean by how surreal it feels when you go from the snowy north to the green south!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got there ahead of the next round of snow. I don't know about NJ, but here in Boston we're supposed to get another foot by Monday.

Have a great time and look forward to reading more!

Post Thanks / Like

Great start to your trip. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sounds like a really great start to your vacation. Enjoy!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

As I'm sitting watching the snow (again!) reading about your trip to my favorite resort, can't help be a bit jealous!! However, so happy you are sharing your trip,can't wait to keep reading!!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa!

A wonderful magical day!!! Awesome from start to finish!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great start to the trip!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Mouseketeer Mom, your excitement about arrival day is infectious. I almost feel like I'm arriving.

I love reading posts like this. It reminds me why we go so often. Can't wait to read other days. Hope all are this well.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to hear that you got a break from the cold and snow. I am also happy to hear such positive news on the Poly! (I have read to many negative reactions on all the changes.)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to your trip! I can't wait to read more!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!