Quantcast Best type of stroller for the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best type of stroller for the parks?

Hi everyone! I was wondering what type of stroller everyone would recommend for taking through the parks. We have a full size three-tire type for walks and everyday use but I'm worried it would be big in the parks. It is very easy to close up and such, but I would love to hear what you all have done.

Thanks!
    See ya real soon!

Jess

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a very long time since we've used strollers so I am totally out of the loop on what brands are best these days.

That said this is what we used when our kids were little. I don't recall the brand (might have been Maclaren-?), but we used mid to upper priced umbrella strollers, one for each of our kids. We used these two strollers for years, until our kids no longer used a stroller. They held up that well. The strollers had large, well made wheels, a small basket underneath to store stuff, a nice sized sunshade,the seat had several reclining positions, it folded very easily into a compact size, and had a shoulder strap that made for easy carrying.

I saw people trying to manage their gigantic strollers on buses and it just didn't look like fun. Our strollers were small enough that DH and I could easily each manage a stroller, small diaper bag,and a kid, and still be able to get on and off the buses easily. These were also very easy to stand in front of us without taking up much space on a bus, and they didn't take up too much space in our room.

I think the key is to find a stroller as small as possible that still has some of the comforts your child is used to in their main stroller. Something with good wheels that make for easy maneuvering is also important.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Granny here...we like an Umbrolla that has a large basket underneath....don't want to carry the diaper bag...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for an umbrella stroller. Much easier to handle on the buses and take up less room.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stroller in parks

We use our three wheel Maclaren stroller and it is great. It folds up easy for the buses, but does take up alittle room though.

It is great in the parks though because it rolls easy because of the big inflatable tires. It is also taller so it saves your back.

Definitely worth it.

Enjoy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The best stroller I ever used in the parks was a Jeep Stroller..It is a three wheeled stroller and you can control it with one hand. Very smooth ride for the kids and has plenty of room under for storage. Also folds super easy. We also had a great McClaren one that reclined and had a nice sun shade folded easily and was a mesh fabric great for hot summer days and very easy to clean. I think the most important thing is to be able to RECLINE when the child falls asleep. Whichever one you decide just remember it’s usually a long day and they are going to knock out at some point and I would try to make them as comfortable as a possible.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the advice. We've done the parks with my older step children but this year will be the first with a baby so I'll take any help I can get!
    See ya real soon!

Jess

Post Thanks / Like

After trying many different types of strollers over the years we found the smaller the better that could at least recline and had a basket underneath. Maclaren seemed to fold up the best and did everything we required. The one thing you loose though is cup holders on the top but that was not that big of a deal.
    This June will be our first trip stroller free and i'm so looking forward to it.
    Enjoy your trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    The one thing you loose though is cup holders on the top but that was not that big of a deal.
    Back when we used strollers Babies R Us sold clip on cup holders that worked just fine. We also purchased stroller rain covers that came in very handy in WDW. The rain covers folded up neatly and could be stored in the basket under the seat. One of the best purchases we made for our frequent Disney trips.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've been the last two years with a stroller and I love the one we use. It's a Chicco Litway. It's nice and light weight (think sturdy umbrella type), reclines all the way flat, with some additional positions in between, has a nice sunshade, and a basket underneath. It folds up easily, and we never had an issue with it on a bus/boat or monorail, it fit well for all modes of transportation. It's seen a lot of miles and so far it's holding up great!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit I didn't bother to read through all of the above posts, so if someone has said this, i'm sorry.

It's been years, but what we started doing is actually hitting WalMart on the way in to Orlando and buying a $20 umbrella stroller. Then, on our way out, we could either pack it, or if we were full up we could just "gift" it to someone else and not worry about it. They're so lite and easy to fold up on Disney transportation, but they're far more comfortable than the ones you can rent at the parks. As cheaper by a lot. Brand is irrelevant when you're only spending $20. Anything we wanted to carry (bottles, sunscreen, meds, etc) just went into a backpack that you can hang on the handles of the stroller.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We planned to take the umbrella stroller we already owned with us last fall. Halfway to the airport (which is about 45 minutes from our house), DH and I looked at each other and both said "Did you put the stroller in the trunk?" Oops! AT least we remembered the child that was supposed to ride in the missing stroller. While DH continued toward the airport, I got online to check the price to rent a stroller at the parks- $15 per day or $13 per day (for length of stay) PLUS a $100 deposit on a credit card. We ended up stopping at Babies R Us on our way to the airport. I ran through the store, grabbed the first umbrella stroller I could find, paid $30, and ran back to the car. Was still cheaper than renting and it meant we didn't have to stand in line to pick up a stroller every time we went into a park. Plus, the two year old thought he had received the coolest vacation gift ever and couldn't wait to show his grandparents when we met them at the hotel.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

14. Likes disneygeek87 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: