Quantcast New My Magic+ system coming to Disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New My Magic+ system coming to Disneyland

ANAHEIM – MyMagic+ is coming to Disneyland soon.

Disney Parks Chairman Tom Staggs told the Orlando Sentinel last week that the new technology that allows guests to customize park experiences will be made available at Disneyland and other Disney theme parks in the near future.

MyMagic+ is currently available at Walt Disney World and MagicBands are on the Disney Cruise Line as part of the children’s programming.

MyMagic+ is a technological system that allows Disney guests to customize their in-and-out-of-park experiences via a small wristband, the MagicBand, and/or via a phone application.

MyMagic+ serves as a visitor’s park ticket, Fastpass for rides, can make dinner reservations, pay for food and merchandise, and could even be used as a key to enter hotel rooms with a single tap of the wrist.

In Florida, the bands costs $12.95, although if you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, or are a passholder there, they are free.

Staggs did not say when Disney will roll out the technology at Disneyland but did say it won’t be the same version as deployed at Walt Disney World.

“We’re studying it right now and learning a lot in Florida,” Staggs told the Sentinel.
    Disneyland officials declined to comment further.

Disney began rolling out MyMagic+ in June 2013 at Walt Disney World and fully implemented the system in early 2014. The cost was perhaps $800 million to $1 billion, The New York Times said.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It needs some radical changes if it is going to be successful at Disneyland. I will say that their current admission procedures are convoluted and annoying. If this gets DL to finally install biometric readers and do away with the ridiculous picture taking, need to see a photo ID with every entry madness, it won't be all bad.

I would fully support a FP+ system that allows ONLY day of reservations. And ONLY once physically in the park. Go ahead and give onsite hotel guests some advantage in prebooking, like 24 hours. That would be fair. And do NOT add FP to rides that don't yet have it.

You got that, Disney?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It needs some radical changes if it is going to be successful at Disneyland. I will say that their current admission procedures are convoluted and annoying. If this gets DL to finally install biometric readers and do away with the ridiculous picture taking, need to see a photo ID with every entry madness, it won't be all bad.

I would fully support a FP+ system that allows ONLY day of reservations. And ONLY once physically in the park. Go ahead and give onsite hotel guests some advantage in prebooking, like 24 hours. That would be fair. And do NOT add FP to rides that don't yet have it.

You got that, Disney?

Sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

You got that, Disney?
    Love this suggestion. Hope it happens.
    Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Great suggestion!

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Disneyland before this gets implemented (unless it follows the suggestion )
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

You got that, Disney?
    I completely agree.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: