Quantcast On Site Resort with 6 guests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default On Site Resort with 6 guests

Hello All,
    I am a Disney vet always staying with 2-4 people, but in 2016 I will be taking my new wife, my two daughters, and my two step-children! So....we are trying to decide on accommodations. My oldest will turn 18 3 days before we go. My step children will be 7 and 9.
    We have looked at the FW cabins, the family suites at ASM and Animation, and even looked at two rooms at POFQ. It looks like the cabins are out as they only have one bathroom. The family suites seem like the bed situation would be difficult with my teen daughters, so we are leaning towards the two rooms at POFQ, but I don't believe we can be guaranteed connecting rooms since my oldest will already be 18. We can't adjust our dates due to school.
    Any thoughts? Would the family suites work?
    I definitely want to stay on property.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With 3 adults and 3 children, I think a family suite will be tight. If you have to stay on site, then 2 rooms at a moderate will be best. YOu are not guaranteed adjoining rooms, but I have never had it not happen. You can also look offsite if that is an option and save $1000s. 2BR and 3BR suites at WBC can be had for $1000 or less for a week. You need an AP for free parking and a car to make it worth while. It is by far the best option IMO.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We had connecting rooms on the first floor at FQ, and I don't believe that they asked the ages of my children, but that was in 2004. My father was staying with us, and was on oxygen and in a wheelchair. But we told them he would be In our room and the girls in the other room.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

What about renting DVC points? Or paying cash for a 2 bedroom? We have traveled with multiple families and have not had trouble with connecting rooms. We stayed at POR.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    What about renting DVC points? Or paying cash for a 2 bedroom? We have traveled with multiple families and have not had trouble with connecting rooms. We stayed at POR.
    What do you mean by paying cash for a 2 bedroom?

Post Thanks / Like

I would seriously consider offsite. When you get above 4 or 5 people, onsite options are limited and the ones that exist are far overpriced.

If you must stay onsite and want to do the adjoining rooms, call to make the room reservation and make it clear only adjoining rooms will be acceptable. I ran into to this once and has been mentioned, they claim they cannot guarantee your rooms will be adjoining. I made it clear that I could guarantee that if my rooms were not adjoining when I arrived that there would be a major problem. We got adjoining rooms and everything went fine.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead501 View Post
    What do you mean by paying cash for a 2 bedroom?
    Chefmickey3 is referring to how you can rent 2 bedrooms villas at DVC resorts just like any other resort. They are pricey though, usually $550 or more per night. You can get an entire week offsite at a resort or rent a house for less than what 2 nights rent at a DVC resort costs. We rented a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga about 6 or 7 years ago. It was a nice resort but even with the promo discount I got, the room was around $600 per night after taxes which of course was over $4000 for the week. I didn't feel like we got anywhere near the value for the price and would not recommend going this route. For that price, we could have rented a 6 bedroom house with a private pool, a game room, cars for all of us to drive and still saved a thousand or two. lol

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting to stay on-site, I'd suggest renting points through The Timeshare Store. One of the most spacious 2 bedroom locations on site is at Old Key West. These 2 bedroom villas feature 2 bathrooms. The two bedroom villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani and Bay Lake Tower feature a third bedroom.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to stay on site and not look into the DVC option, I would do the two rooms at POR.

I've stayed at AOA in the suites. They are spacious but you are right about the sleeping situation. The master is nice and has a large attached bedroom but the other two beds are really in the living area. One is a pull out couch and one is the pull down bed.

POR will give you added space plus you have some of the extra amenities that you get at a moderate resort.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

How would I go about the DVC option? From research I have done, renting points isn't available until 11 months out at the earliest. What is the process for renting points? I think if I were to do this, I would like the WIlderness Lodge Villas.

Post Thanks / Like

Even through DVC point rentals, you are looking at about $2600 for a week during the cheapest season up to almost $4800 for peak season. You can EASILY get a 2BR at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $800. You can get a 3BR for about $1000. The savings alone covers all of the tickets for a week. You just need your own car or eat the cost of $6 per day per person for WBC's bus.

After staying there 2 weeks ago, I will probably never stay on property again. For the price, it is better than Disney Deluxe resorts, the location is incredible, and the cost is about 50% of what a Value resort cost.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

For renting through our sponsor The Timeshare Store the instructions are
    If you want to use points for a reservation we need the following information emailed to [email protected]
    Date Checking In:
    Date Checking out:
    Resort Desired:
    Size of room:
    Names for those staying in the room: (Please put ages next to any children under 18 and include last name for each guest)
    Home address:
    Phone number:
    Please indicate if you will need Magical Express:
    If they don't have what you are looking for you can also try David's DVC Rentals. They have an application on their web site.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    For renting through our sponsor The Timeshare Store the instructions are

If they don't have what you are looking for you can also try David's DVC Rentals. They have an application on their web site.
    Thank you.... How far out can you rent points and I have heard it is difficult to get a villa? I would be worried that if i waited, I would not be able to get anything and then I would be without any reservation anywhere for 6 people.

Post Thanks / Like

Owners can reserve at their home resort 11 months out so you'd probably be talking that time frame in order to book a villa.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We did the family suite at All Star with our four children. It was tight, but we weren't in the room for much more than sleeping.
    The twins were teens and our younger two children were about the same ages as your step children. One of our twins chose to pack a sleeping bag (we drove) and some nights during our trip, he was on the floor while others, he slept with his twin brother.
    For us, the room is more a sleeping, break, napping point and not for lounging or entertainment.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Bonnet creek sounds like the way to go. Great location and price. Unless you need the extra magic hours and the disney transportation.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I think the going rate for DVC properties is about $12 a point. If you want cheap, Old Key West is a great place with a very reasonable point cost. It's about 296 points for a week in their peak season in a 2 bedroom. That's about 3500 Disney dollars..

The location IMHO is fantastic. It's fairly secluded and sports one of the best TS locations around.

We did a 1BR before our cruise last year and had oodles of room for 4 of us. The pools were great, having a kitchen saved us a ton of money on dining, etc.

It's a favorite of many, and now I know what the fuss was all about.

Make sure you compare apples to apples when comparing onsite to off-site. The parking cost is something like $15 to $17 a day (I don't keep track) and transportation to/from MCO can be had for free. A rental will add significantly (especially sized for 6 people) as will daily transfer costs from places like Bonnet Creek or even the Marriott vacation club properties.

Plus the 60 day booking window for FP+ will be most helpful at busy times of the year.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: