Quantcast Best Resort for little ones and napping tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Resort for little ones and napping tips?

My wife and I are thinking about trying our first trip with our two boys (3 and almost 2). We are wondering what resort you all think would be the best fit for that age and more importantly what are some napping/sleeping at night tips for staying in a standard room at the WDW resort?

Naps are really our biggest concern, they both take an afternoon nap but they have separate rooms. Any ideas how we might be able to work this out in a regular resort room? I realize we could just get a family suite or a cabin but we really don't want to bust the bank. We are hoping for a moderate resort. Any input would be appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any resort will work. Your kids are going to be more tired than usual. By the time you get back to the room, they will be worn out and ready to sleep. If you get back about 30 minutes before bed time, take them for a swim. Once back in the room, they will crash quickly.

If it is only 4 of you, standard is all you need. You get queen beds at the moderates. I think all of the moderates are about the same, but love Coronado Springs. If you are looking for convenience, then the monorail resorts may be best.

Believe it or not though, the Value resorts offer a lot for the little ones.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I always bring a small portable white noise machine, it really helps drown out all the noise of the resort at nap time. I also bring his blanket and pillow from home, to keep it a little more familiar for him.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dobby2010 View Post
    I always bring a small portable white noise machine, it really helps drown out all the noise of the resort at nap time. I also bring his blanket and pillow from home, to keep it a little more familiar for him.
    I do not have any suggestions as far as nap tips, we did not start bringing our kiddos until after we were past the napping age.

That being said...

My husband and I use the DOHM white noise machine. Love it!

If you end up staying at a Value Resort, I would recommend requesting a room that does not face the pool. They seem to be much quieter.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes even good nappers at home are too wound up to nap at regular times at Disney World. We might be too laid back but at Disney we let them sleep when they were ready to.

We've had kids fall asleep at meal times, and had one 3 year old go three whole days without a nap. When he finally did relax, it was a long nap.

We have rented strollers or brought lightweight collapsible strollers from home. It's amazing how much easier it is for kids that age to nap in a stroller in a busy park. My niece figured nap time for her daughter meant shopping time for her.

Often kids that are overstimulated by all that's going on at a park will relax while splashing around in a pool.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great advice. Actually we are thinking about staying at Coronado because we saw they have the wooden doors to separate the room from the bath area. Thought maybe we could set up a pack n play in there for naps for the almost 2 year old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaredkari View Post
    Thanks for all the great advice. Actually we are thinking about staying at Coronado because we saw they have the wooden doors to separate the room from the bath area. Thought maybe we could set up a pack n play in there for naps for the almost 2 year old.
    Maybe. It'd be tight. What would you do if you need to use the bathroom?
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Sometimes even good nappers at home are too wound up to nap at regular times at Disney World. We might be too laid back but at Disney we let them sleep when they were ready to.

We've had kids fall asleep at meal times, and had one 3 year old go three whole days without a nap. When he finally did relax, it was a long nap.

We have rented strollers or brought lightweight collapsible strollers from home. It's amazing how much easier it is for kids that age to nap in a stroller in a busy park. My niece figured nap time for her daughter meant shopping time for her.

Often kids that are overstimulated by all that's going on at a park will relax while splashing around in a pool.

Jan
    Hit it right on the head. Every time we went with little ones, their nap schedule seemed to shift. Make sure you bring a good napping stroller for that reason alone.

What I also learned, you'll find yourself wanting to take it light at the parks after a day or so. So, make sure you pick a resort you can see your kids enjoying just as much as the parks. Nice pool. Nice areas to wander/explore.

As for the wooden doors, I wouldn't worry. I found every kiddo was so exhausted, they didn't care where they were put and slept like logs.

I'd recommend not picking Coronado just because of wooden doors. Pick it because you think they will like the pool, the playground, and you think your family can fit comfortably in the room. Will both kids be in pack n plays or just your 2 year old?

Besides that, it is a resort in a good location. Less travel time with a toddler (or two) having a meltdown, the better. It isn't close to MK, but close to the other parks. Not a bad choice overall!
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI