Quantcast Old Key West advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West advice

In my quest to stay at every WDW resort, I've book a studio at OKW for March.

Any advice on the resort like room requests and things to do is appreciated!

We will have a car but will use the boat to DTD for sure. Also LOVE hitting a hot tub at night after a long park day.

Thx all!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Actually love this resort. As the oldest of the vacation club - the rooms are the largest and it has a very relaxed feel to it. Studios are really nice.

We've talked about it before on the podcast but Olivia's is great for dining. In fact, when the resort is at peak, we've gone there to dine when other places were booked solid and have always enjoyed things.

The big pool is nice but we prefer the smaller "quiet pools" to relax. Of course, sitting on your porch watching golfers or boats go by is pretty relaxing too.

Be sure to grab a cold beverage in the evening and sit on the boardwalk at the main hall and soak in the relaxing contrast to the craziness of the parks

Room request wise, not sure where to guide you on that. Boat to downtown Disney is great and I'm with you on the hot tub!

And go Eagles!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I'd request close to hospitality house. That means your building will be in easy walking distance of hospitality house and the boat to downtown disney. It's a lovely resort but I definitely like being near the centre. You also have better bus options as the first stop is peninsular road and the last stop hospitality house. So you can get on the last stop and off at the first stop and be near your room. The ride round the resort takes about 15 minutes so that can be some time saved.

Have fun!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to OKW. Olivia's is on my list for sure. I think I'll request a room close to a quiet pool. And I'll definitely have that evening beverage ;-)

Oh and yes.....Go Eagles!!

Post Thanks / Like

Old Key West is our DVC home resort and we love everything about it. My advice is to ask for a ground-floor room with a canal view. My wife loves to sit on the patio with a cup of coffee early in the morning and watch the boats going back to Downtown Disney.
    If you can move up to a 1BR, the canal views are even better, especially in Building 45 or 46.
    Also remember that only a couple of buildings at the resort - 62, 63 and 64 - have elevators. Building 64 does not have its own parking lot.
    Hope this helps you out.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a nice quiet pool with a hot tub in the Miller's Road section of the resort near Buildings 19-22.

Post Thanks / Like

I love okw, it's one of my home resorts. The Jimmy Buffet and steel drum music and the Palm trees and twinkle lights just make the weight of the world peel off of you the moment you enter.

I agree with the hospitality house location recommendation. and while the views are nicer from the upper floors, be aware there are NO elevators!! My DH wasn't happy lugging our fully stocked ice chest up two flights of stairs!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero