Quantcast My Disney 2014 Year in Review Part 7 The Long Goodbye

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Disney 2014 Year in Review Part 7 The Long Goodbye

Well our time in Florida had just about come to an end. We spent our last night just hanging at Ron's, doing laundry, and wishing we didn't have to leave. However, Matt and Ashleigh needed to get back to work and the girls back to school. We decided to wait until Ron got home from work until we would leave for Pa.

Since we had a few hours, we hopped in the car and drove over to Disney property. We parked at the TTC , took the ferry boat to MK, then another boat to Wilderness Lodge and grabbed lunch at Roaring Forks. While it is still a little too cramped in here for me, the selection and the food was much better than what we had when we stayed here in 2004. Afterwards, we caught a boat back to MK then made our farewell tour on the monorail, first the express, then the Epcot line and back to get our car and meet Ron.

Back at his place, we couldn't really pull ourselves away and lingered quite a while. So much so that we decided to spend a few more hours there as to avoid rush hour as much as possible. Finally, we has to make our sad goodbyes and we were just about to pull away when I realized I forgot something. Back upstairs I went. This time we pulled out of the parking lot, but while getting gas down the block, I realized I had something of Ron's that he would need, back again we went. Sure that we all squared away yet again. This time we successfully hit the open road. We still needed diner, but I was determined to wait until we hit Georgia. The thought of stopping in Fl was too much. I did not want to get all weepy eyed, so not long after we got into Ga, we stopped for a late, quick meal and got right back on the road. This time at least, the drive wasn't so tedious as driving alone. I had lots of company to take my mind off leaving. We arrived back in Pa late afternoon the next day.

Some observations from all the quick days in Disney.

1. I still am not a fan of FP+. I like the magic bands for everything else.

2. I would definitely recommend the Wyndham on Hotel Plaza Blvd if you need off site accommodations.

3. I love the new mine train ride, I almost didn't mind waiting 60 minutes.

4. All Star Movies is a cute resort. It my favorite theme of all the all stars, but I prefer Sports for bus service. Although it was fairly good at Movies, nothing beats getting on and off first. The food court here was good. It was crowded, but we were served quickly. Food was typical.

5. So many construction walls were up at all of the parks. It took a little away from the experience. I would have been more bummed if it was our first visit. Nothing to look at but walls.

6. Always fun to come during Food & Wine. Haven't been since 2011. It did seem however to be fewer choices. Maybe it's just me.

7. Loved the Frozen Fireworks. I wish they had been a permanent thing, or at least lasted a while longer. Sad my kids didn't get to see them.

8. I really like the new Lion King Theater location.

9. Shh. A little secret...the backstage areas I got to see, we're incredibly cool to a Disney geek like me. The Casting building is pretty cool too. I got to see that because Ron got called back in between onboarding and Traditions. He wasn't sure if he what they needed, but wanted me to come along if he had a question that I could help him with. He didn't, was just a simple thing, but hey I got to go in there with him.

10. It is awesome to have a husband who is a Cast Member

Non-Disney observations

1. Hammock Dunes Club is an awesome wedding venue.

2. Hammock Dunes Beach Resort is a great place for a non Disney Fl vacation.

3. Michael's Photography in Daytona does a fantastic job!

4. So does OMG Flowers! from Daytona.

5. The Wedding planner, Donna was awesome. If you need one I highly recommend her. I can give you her details if you PM me.

6. I cannot wait until we are all reunited and living in Fl. As I write this we are getting 8 inches of snow. I am more than over that!

7. Hopefully, there will be a part 8. Hope to get back there before the end of the year.

Thanks for reading!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reports, Heather. Hopefully, everything gets squared away soon and you, too are living in Florid!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

As always, I enjoyed your reports. Once you get moved, you'll still have to write about your adventures!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Heather,

I am happy for your family. I know this time of transition is hard, but soon you will all be together as a family in Florida.

May God bless you richly in this new chapter of your life!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the well wishes regarding the move! They are very much appreciated!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

This has been one wild year for you! As I type this it's December 3rd . . . I sure hope you get down one more time to visit your new CM DH (hehe!) and that your move down with the rest of the family is coming ever closer.

Thanks for sharing so many wonderful memories with us in your reports. Hoping to hear many more!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: