Quantcast Why 3 FP's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Why 3 FP's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why 3 FP's

I just want to ride one ride in a park and then go to another park to ride something else. WHY do I have to pick 3 FP'S when I dont need them????

AND once I ride the ride I want can I cancel the other 2 and book more rides in the other park we are heading too??
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can cancel the other two rides and pick new rides in another park, subject to availability.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why 3, that's what Disney picked, so that's that.

Unfortunately, you must use/let expire the 3 fastpasses in one park before you can book 1 fastpass at a different park, and at that point you can only book them one at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Yes, you can cancel the other two rides and pick new rides in another park, subject to availability.
    Wait, what? When did this change?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Wait, what? When did this change?
    Wait, I thought you could always do this. You can't split up the FP between two parks but once you use one of your three, you can "discard" the others or allow them to expire and then make new FP reservations at another park using the "revolving fourth FP" option.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just thought of a way I can do this. I can book the rides early in the morning and try to get the ride we want last (at the time we want) and this way the other two run out and I can book the new ones. Does that make sense?? In other words we are getting to the park by 1:00pm so I will book the first two rides for morning and let them run out, get to the park by 1:20pm just in time for the last ride WE WANT and after that book the new park. It just feels like I’m taking someone else ride time and that’s not good, but I don’t need the other two rides ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    Ok I just thought of a way I can do this. I can book the rides early in the morning and try to get the ride we want last (at the time we want) and this way the other two run out and I can book the new ones. Does that make sense?? In other words we are getting to the park by 1:00pm so I will book the first two rides for morning and let them run out, get to the park by 1:20pm just in time for the last ride WE WANT and after that book the new park. It just feels like I’m taking someone else ride time and that’s not good, but I don’t need the other two rides ..
    Yes you can do that, however keep in mind that you need to actually be in the 2nd park (4th + Fastpasses need to be booked at an actual kiosk, not via your phone) so by the time you finish that 1:20 ride, then drive/ride to a new park you're unlikely to get an additional FP for anything that a FP would be useful for or if you do it's likely to be very late in the evening. In addition you can only book one additional (i.e 4th, 5th, etc) FP at a time so if your 4th FP isn't until 9 PM you can't book another until that 9 PM ride has finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Yes you can do that, however keep in mind that you need to actually be in the 2nd park (4th + Fastpasses need to be booked at an actual kiosk, not via your phone) so by the time you finish that 1:20 ride, then drive/ride to a new park you're unlikely to get an additional FP for anything that a FP would be useful for or if you do it's likely to be very late in the evening. In addition you can only book one additional (i.e 4th, 5th, etc) FP at a time so if your 4th FP isn't until 9 PM you can't book another until that 9 PM ride has finished.

Ugh! See, this is why I haven't booked a trip this year.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at this another way ... depending on your plans, it might make sense to ride the 1 ride you want at the first park, and have your FP+ selections waiting at the second park.

This doesn't always work, but we actually liked FP+ during our last trip, since it allowed us to do "other" things, and know that we could still do some of the "good" rides when we got to the park later in the day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking today as I got off work, that I was so stressed, meeting dead lines, and rushing around, I couldn't wait to get on my vacation and relax...
    then I realized it won't be a relaxing vacation. I will be rushed to meet dead lines of getting my fast passes...No park hopping, going with the flow.
    it kind of takes the fun out of stopping and smelling ghe roses.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

For every one person that doesn't like the new FP+ there are probably at least 3 that like it. It's ok. If you want to hop and smell roses and everything, then just don't use fastpass and wait in standby. Or do the amount of planning you want...

People should be rewarded for making the effort. And with FP+, they are.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Looking at this another way ... depending on your plans, it might make sense to ride the 1 ride you want at the first park, and have your FP+ selections waiting at the second park.

This doesn't always work, but we actually liked FP+ during our last trip, since it allowed us to do "other" things, and know that we could still do some of the "good" rides when we got to the park later in the day.
    This is what we did during our last trip, saved the FP+ for the afternoon and played it by ear for the morning.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    For every one person that doesn't like the new FP+ there are probably at least 3 that like it. It's ok. If you want to hop and smell roses and everything, then just don't use fastpass and wait in standby. Or do the amount of planning you want...

People should be rewarded for making the effort. And with FP+, they are.
    I think you have that 3 to 1 figure backwards. The only ones who like the FP+ are Disney Sychophants.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand how you feel Minnie04! The MDE system really should have the option that allows you to choose only 1 and/or cancel ones you do not want to use. Seems easy enough! It does feel that you're "using" a spot someone else could use. Often, we'd get to BC later in the evening and only want to ride Maelstrom () and I'd have to reserve 3 FPs, 2 of which we would never use...

I feel the same way with all the MBs that Disney keeps sending me that I don't want for each upcoming trip. Yes, I recycle them with the front desk upon arrival, but there should be an option on MDE to "reuse my current band". Save the packaging, plastic, and shipment cost.
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of booking FP+ for rides that you don't want, use it to book shows. The FP+ window on rides is an hour, but on shows, it's only 20 minutes. So they expire faster, and they're less popular, so you can get them for earlier in the day.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

If there is only one ride you want to do at the first park, it definitely makes more sense to prebook your three FP at the SECOND park, then just head to the first park and do standby for that one ride. Even if the line is an hour long, you will be better off.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, after thinking about it I think BrerGnat your right I’m going to do what you suggested. I’m going to grab three big rides for later in the evening when I know for sure we will be in the park and just let the kids do stand by in the morning with the ride they really want. We can come and go in each park, so I will just keep an eye on wait times and when they feel like running to another park we will.
    Now back to the MDE site to pick those rides. lets hope they are still there with FP

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think its a horrible idea. but I don't like the set up, and haven't talked to many who do.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: