Quantcast Phase Two - Day Three Disney Fantasy Cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phase Two - Day Three Disney Fantasy Cruise

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Backstory for this Trip can be found here.

Phase One - Day One is here.

Phase One Day Two is here.

Before turning in last evening, we put it an order for room service for breakfast the morning. We asked for an 8 a.m. delivery.

Once we are up, we begin to pack up those things we had unpacked for the duration of our stay here. Our breakfast of omelettes with hash brown potatoes, coffee, and orange juice is timely delivered and hits the spot.

We finish packing and label our bags with the cruise line tags. I use the down time to catch up on my trip notes.

We spend some time just watching monorails, cars,and people going by. Our car pickup is for 11 so we gather our things and head downstairs about quarter of. By time we arrive downstairs, we find our driver is waiting for us. Traffic in the area around Orlando is heavy but, once we get outside this area, we move right along. We run into heavy traffic again trying to get into the cruise terminal where there are four ships in port including the Fantasy which is our destination.

After our driver leaves us off, we quickly turn over our bags (which we have already tagged with our stateroom information) to a porter who promises we will find them outside our stateroom no later than 5:30 pm. Next up, we pass through the security area which requires that our carry-on bags go through a machine while we walk through a detector - just like at the airport. We are then stopped for the obligatory boarding picture. Once inside, we find a long line to get through the checkin process which leaves unexplained why I had made an appointment for checking in of between 12:30 and 12:45. When I asked, I was told I would still need to wait in line. Ok then. The line took us about 15 minutes or so.

A few days earlier, I had received a voice mail from Disney Vacation Club to say representatives would be available in the checkin lobby but they were nowhere to be found. I was told they had been there earlier.

As we board the ship, we are duly announced and welcomed aboard. It is about 12:30 and cabins can't be accessed for another hour. We check at guest services and learn the location of the DVC event. Until cabins are ready for access, we are directed to Cabanas on deck 11. This is the main buffet dining area on the ship. The forward elevators have a long line so we are directed to elevators mid ship though the line here is only marginally better. Once at the buffet restaurant, we are handed antibacterial wipes to use prior to eating. This occurs prior to entering any eating establishment on the ship. It is Disney's attempt to keep viruses from spreading onboard.

As expected, Cabanas is somewhat of a madhouse. Gene tells me to select my food while he finds a place to sit. It is difficult to really get a good sense of the offerings but I find small portions of several things I can eat. Now to find Gene. I can't text him as my phone is in the bag he has which he discovers when he tries to text me to let me know where he is. I do spot him outside at a table against the railing. The wind is quite active so it is close to chilly. He leaves me while he searches or some food for himself. We both get to eat though it Is not a relaxing or particularly enjoyable meal.

By time our lunch is completed, it is time to go check out our cabin. Our cabin key had been provided to us during the checkin process. We find our cabin and hold our key up to the lock but it shows up as red. Same results with Gene's key. Our cabin is on deck 9 in the stern of the ship. Guest services is on deck 3 midship. Of course, the elevators and hallways are jammed with other passengers trying to make their way to their rooms. We take the stairs down. I am not a happy camper. Keys are reprinted and I'm told that should resolve the problem. We now make our way back to our cabin and, fortunately, we are able to enter.

We are pleased with our cabin and our verandah. Still, we don't get much opportunity to do more than put a few things in the room safe and drop our carryons before we are off to locate the vacation club gathering. This is quite well attended. We are given hats, lanyards (and who knew how these would really come in handy before the trip was completed), and a draw string bag. There are adult beverages available. There is a rousing trivia game to be played

And,,,,ample opportunity to act silly. Stitch is available for picture taking at the start. It is, of course a sales pitch in the hopes we will all be encouraged to buy more points. Other than the swag we've been given, we do not win any of the prizes.

I want to get back to our room to see if our luggage has been delivered. I want to at least drag it into the room before we need to report for our mandatory muster. Our luggage is there. We no sooner get into the room when we hear the announcement indicating the mandatory drill Is about to start. We make our way to our assigned station "O" which is indoors in an area called the Tube (which is one of the adult nightclubs - something we learn a bit later). This is the first time I've reported to an indoor area for muster. We are told that if we were to need to leave the ship, we would meet in this indoor area and, from here we would be led to our life boats in small groups with care being taken to be sure families were not separated in the process. Not sure I like the idea of sitting indoors waiting to be led to an unseen lifeboat! Hopefully, it is not an occurrence I will need to spend any time thinking about.

We are released from muster just as the SailAway party is beginning. The process of transitioning directly from Muster to the Sailaway party does not seem to be a smooth one. There are people everywhere. Since everyone on ship is required to be at Muster, none of us are where we want to be and most of us have never been on this ship before and have no idea of the best way to get from where we are to where we want to be. It's a bit like being in the Magic Kingdom at the moment the fireworks have ended and everyone wants to head to the gates. We make our way to deck 12, feeling a bit like spawning fish swimming upstream, buy, when we finally arrive, we are where we can look down on the happenings below. There is a lot of energy there which include appearances by Mickey and friends. We are moving! We make our way to a lofty lounge in the adults only area and watch the landscape slide by.

After a bit we return to our cabin where we can watch our progress from our balcony or on our television. We wander through the ship for a bit checking out the stores, the locations of the theaters etc.

Following a quick shower, we change and dress for dinner. Tonight we are assigned to Animator's Palette. Unlike other cruise ships, Disney never asked if we had any seating preferences. One drawback to the Disney cruise is that is that it does not offer any tables for two in its regular dining rooms - at least that I could see and we never inquired. We are assigned to a table for eight with three other couples, one of whom is from Argentina and only speaks limited English. Still, it appears that the husband's command of English is better than any of the rest of us can muster in their language. We are introduced to our dining team, Ignacio and Rex. Dinner is excellent. During the meal, we are entertained by the antics of Crush and other characters from Finding Nemo. Since our table is right by one of Crush's windows into the human world, he even talks to folks from our table. We are even called clownfish after dutifully repeating "I, state your name" without inserting names!

For dinner, Gene and I each ordered a Golden Breeze (vodka, amaretto, galliano, orange juice, and pineapple juice.). Our bread was garlic and herb focaccia with rosemary virgin olive oil. We both had sliced Serrano ham with tomato bread and Spanish olives as our appetizer. I had the baked potato with cheddar cheese soup but am not sure what Gene had for this course. I had the herb crusted veal chop for my entree while Gene had the ginger-teriyaki dusted beef tenderloin. I believe I had the crunchy walnut cake while Gene had the white chocolate fudge cheesecake. It was 10 by time dinner was completed. We headed to our room and found that it must have rained while we were at dinner as our balcony was quite wet. Still we watched the ocean and looked at the stars before heading off to bed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip report. You've included such detail. A very enjoyable read.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the next day/report of this trip!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

This day sure was a blur - from the time you arrived at the docks until you were seated for dinner, it seems like the order of the day was RUSH. As I have never been on a cruise, I am curious if this is customary? I too would have been quite unhappy if my key did not allow me access to my cabin. I am glad that the accommodations were to your liking, though!

Looking forward to more details - a Disney cruise is on my bucket list
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    This day sure was a blur - from the time you arrived at the docks until you were seated for dinner, it seems like the order of the day was RUSH. As I have never been on a cruise, I am curious if this is customary?
    This is only my third cruise ever and the first was so long ago that it really doesn't count when comparing cruises. The boarding process and being ushered into a central buffet dining area while waiting for your rooms is pretty much the same as it was on our last cruise (Royal Caribbean) which can be described as controlled chaos. On our last cruise, the life boat drill (muster) did not occur until after we had set sail and finished our first dinner on board. Disney conducted theirs before setting sail. The timing of it which was followed immediately by the sailaway party seemed a bit strange to me. On the other hand, it would certainly make sense to have your lifeboat drill before you are actually out at sea!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Bon Voyage!!!

Let the cruise begin!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a few bumps in the road in the beginning. At least dinner sounds nice. Enjoy

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I think embarkation day sounds a bit chaotic .... Glad you got into your room and that your luggage arrived!!

I think that I will try to get to the DVC shindig while the boys are getting settled, especially if there are handy lanyards (our Universal ones may not be popular!).

I also think the muster drill prior to sailing is a great idea!

Dinner sounds great (I like that you are describing the specialty drinks too!)
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

On our first cruise on the Dream our meeting place for the lifeboat drill was in the Walt Disney Theatre.
    I must admit that in case of a real emergency the LAST place I would want to be is in a room with about 500 other people and limited exits.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading these with interest as we've still got to do a Disney Cruise. There are sometimes when a quiet meal for two is more preferable than filling a table for eight.

I've heard the muster drill spiel so many times that I on our recent Hawaiian cruise I commented on a section that had been omitted.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: