Quantcast Magic Bands and Anual Pass confusion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Bands and Anual Pass confusion

I am confused or maybe I got some bad advice from a CM. We are Annual Pass holders and were just at WDW in October. We are going back in January and have been told we need to go to the MDE and order new Magic Bands for the resort and new ones for being an Annual Passholder. Is this making any sense to anyone? I was also told about the battery life and it is good to have a backup, but two backups seems redundant.
    It doesn't matter. It's in the past - Rafiki
    Trips
    '97 CB
    '98 CS
    '01 AKL
    '03 AKL
    '04 Dolphin June
    '06 FWC October
    '07 Off site Janauary
    '07 FWC April
    '07 FWC August
    '09 POFQ January
    '09 POFQ May
    '09 POFQ September
    '10 AKL/POR
    '10 FW
    '11 POR
    '11 FW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Each time you renew your AP you (can) get new bands and with each resort stay you (can) get new bands. From what I understand however you could just continue using your old bands by linking your pass or reservation to them.

Post Thanks / Like

We are AP holders too and every time we book a new trip we are given new magic bands through MDE. I guess because we are staying on property. I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

As the others have said you get one for being an AP holder and one for the resort stay. The AP one will come with an AP slider for the band and in the bottom of the box there will be a discount card.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to get mine.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    As the others have said you get one for being an AP holder and one for the resort stay. The AP one will come with an AP slider for the band and in the bottom of the box there will be a discount card.
    Thanks for the heads up. Need to look in the bottom of the box for the discount card.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

i'm getting very anxious to get ours.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

So, do you actually have to have both MBs or can you link the 2 together somehow ?
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    So, do you actually have to have both MBs or can you link the 2 together somehow ?
    They'll both appear on your MDE account and are interchangeable, there's nothing you need to do. You only need to have one with you. Some people that have more than one pack them all and change colors throughout their stay.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they ALL work. Every band you get. Period. You don't need to worry about packing the wrong one, or having one activated or deactivated. You control that through the My Disney Experience app or website.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

By default, all your MagicBands will be active and show on your MDE account. You CAN, if you want, deactivate one of more of them from you account. There's a button in MDE to do that. If you deactivate one, you can activate it again, also through the MDE app.

Any active band is completely interchangeable with any other active band on your account.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Default magic band question

Will we each need our magic band to get into the parks? Going in April, can hardly wait!
    Claudie

Disney Dream Cruise October 2011
    Grand Californian 2010
    Saratoga Springs/3 day Bahama Cruise 2009
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008 (DVC)
    POR August 2007
    CBR January 1991
    WDW offsite 1987
    Disneyland 2 times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claudielou View Post
    Will we each need our magic band to get into the parks? Going in April, can hardly wait!
    Yes, of course. It's your ticket.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thank you all for your input. And as for Minnie04 "I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking." I agree it does seem like a lot. "You want magic bands I have twenty but who cares I want more" Have a magical day all!
    It doesn't matter. It's in the past - Rafiki
    Trips
    '97 CB
    '98 CS
    '01 AKL
    '03 AKL
    '04 Dolphin June
    '06 FWC October
    '07 Off site Janauary
    '07 FWC April
    '07 FWC August
    '09 POFQ January
    '09 POFQ May
    '09 POFQ September
    '10 AKL/POR
    '10 FW
    '11 POR
    '11 FW

Post Thanks / Like

the fast passes get very confusing. LOL
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I found this post. I'm an AP holder and ordered a magic band in the spring. I love it and have linked all my resort stays to it. I have 3 bands I've deactivated and will never use. Is there a way to avoid to getting a new band each time you book a resort stay? My mother usually does the reservations so can let them know we already have bands and don't need new ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMaryPoppins View Post
    Is there a way to avoid to getting a new band each time you book a resort stay? My mother usually does the reservations so can let them know we already have bands and don't need new ones?
    I checked on this during our August trip. I was told they were working on adding something to the MDE page which would let you opt out of getting a new band but I've not seen it so far.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking.
    As I sit here getting ready to decorate my trees I had a silly though. As kids we used to make those construction paper chains to hang as decorations. Now we can gather all our magic bands and link them together to hang instead.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

As I sit here getting ready to decorate my trees I had a silly though. As kids we used to make those construction paper chains to hang as decorations. Now we can gather all our magic bands and link them together to hang instead.
    We should have a competition to see who can create the most interesting thing out of excess magic bands.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I said somewhere earlier that I could make a countdown chain with mine.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: