Quantcast Major BC Renovations Underway

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Major BC Renovations Underway

It's being reported by multiple sources the a major BC refurb is underway. This month they started to do the soft/hard goods replacements in all the rooms which is expected to last through summer of 2015.

Once that is completed work will begin in BC common areas running through May 2016. This renovation will be similar to that currently taking place at the Poly with public sections being roped off a section at a time. There is no word right now whether Storm Along Bay is included.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had not heard that the villas were part of this refurb. They have been working on the BC fifth floor for awhile already. The CL Lounge was enlarged and renovated and now they are working on the rooms. This is a full hard and soft goods refurb. Everything in the rooms will be stripped and replaced. Furniture, bathroom fixtures, carpets/flooring, AC units, etc. Work will br ongoing until summer 2016 (although word is this time window also includes Yacht Club). The budget for this project does not include the DVC units, I read.

The BC lobby has recently undergone a small refresh with new furniture. We just were there a few days ago and it looked great. Nothing relating to the pool has been announced.

This refurb will not be on the same scale as the Poly, I don't think. It would be nice if they enlarged both Beaches and Cream and the fitness center, though.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's minimal considering we are staying there for the first time (well my second time, my hubby's first time) in March after our cruise

42 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Natalie is correct and it is the BC that has started the refurbishment. I've changed the title and will move to accommodations for the time being.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering about this. We have reservations there in August and have been seeing reviews of it being rundown. We have been discussing changing our reservation to another resort at the seven month mark, but are undecided. Guess we'll just hang in there until someone reports back on how it looks after they've been there.

Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking to the Vacation Club a few minutes ago and they assure me that the villas are included in the renovations. Don't know what the time frame to be done is, but they will be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    I was speaking to the Vacation Club a few minutes ago and they assure me that the villas are included in the renovations. Don't know what the time frame to be done is, but they will be done.
    Well that would explain the long timeline.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well that would explain the long timeline.
    I really hope the Beach Club Villas are included. We absolutely love the location, but the rooms seem very drab and old. If they refurb them to look as nice as the Wilderness Lodge Villas, I would be really happy.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I switched over to the YC...funny it seems every resort we stay at gets a refurb right after we stay there

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I just read on another site that the work contract does NOT include the DVC units. Hmm. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this, especially if it affects the pool/Storm Along Bay?

I'm planning on staying there for the first time in July and wondering if this is why there is availability during the summer, which I've heard is rare for non-home resort guests.
    Last edited by TheHD; 12-10-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: called Storm Along Castaway :P
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at YC in January and got a letter that part of the pool will be closed then for renovations. They will close the other two sections immediately afterwards. The work on the pool is to be done by the end of February. By the summer, the pool will be long done. I can't speak to the rest of the resort, but I did hear that the DVC untis would be worked on AFTER the BC is completely done, so work there will probably begin late 2015/early 2016.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I just booked BCV and am glad to hear the pool will be fully available in July. That's the whole reason why we booked there.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    but I did hear that the DVC untis would be worked on AFTER the BC is completely done, so work there will probably begin late 2015/early 2016.
    I have heard the same thing. Can't happen soon enough as those rooms could use some updating. Don't get me wrong, the DVC units I have stayed in there do not look bad, just a bit outdated. Most likely we'll put Boardwalk as our first choice for our 2015 Food and Wine trip when the 7 month DVC window opens and try for BCV in 2016.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

So, I am hearing from people who were at the DVC Annual meeting that BCV refurb is starting in March 2015.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    BCV refurb is starting in March 2015.
    So, this is just a few rooms at a time I imagine or floor-by-floor? Nothing to include the pool?
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHD View Post
    So, this is just a few rooms at a time I imagine or floor-by-floor? Nothing to include the pool?
    Unfortunately, I do not have those sort of details. Most likely, DVC doesn't have that detailed of a plan yet. As soon as someone hears more information, we will be sure to post it.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed my stay at BC but I agree it could use a refresh. I really hope they put in keyless safes - in the age of Magic Bands it was annoying to have to carry that key around!

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)