Quantcast No standby for Toy Story Mania this week? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We are seriously talking about not renewing our FL Resident APs this year. Every time we decide to go over for a day, we try to get FP+, and the only times available are usually at 9/10pm. That doesnt work for us since we have a two hour drive each way. Then some one tells me they actually had 12 fast passes for one day. Its just sad what they have done. First we found it impossible to eat at a table service restaurant and now this.

Universal is looking better and better. We can have a nice meal and not run around with a spreadsheet.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only good part of FP+ is that maybe some people who NEED to lose their jobs will. In my experience, though, those are the people that are the best at throwing other people under the bus...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I am hoping and praying this is all worked out before November of next year! I want our first trip with the daughter and son-in-law and grandkids to be wonderful...NOT stressful!!! My wife and my last trip in 2010 was marred by faulty computer upgrades. In my mind, I'm giving Disney one more shot to get it right...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I went to WDW we could only experience the attractions that we had tickets for.

In 40+ years, we've witnessed lots of changes. The changes have changed.

And thanks, Melanie for the info about the return to standby for Anna and Elsa.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    ... It stinks for the people there now who received no warning about this, and yes, this is the way Disney now treats guests, with contempt... Not to even warn guests a head of time is poor customer service... And Disney should be ashamed... and guests have the right to be mad... And from all accounts, today was not a good day for management and guest satisfaction...
    Preach.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

If TSMM has a hourly capacity of 1000 per hour, and 700 of those are FP, 300 are stand by.. if 30 FP guests do not show up, no harm... 30 extra stand by guests make up the difference.. if/when they go to all FP only, and give out 1000 FPs for the hour, and 30 people do not do not show up, now you had a hourly ridership of only 970, cutting capacity and inflating the FP wait time line...
    This is similar to my initial thought. There's an obvious ride capacity and a reservation-only system is an inherently flawed way to fill it. The only way to have it operating and peak capacity is in a perfect world with no variables. Plus, it wouldn't solve any problems. If peak capacity is 1000 per hour and it's the busiest time of the year at the busiest ride in the park, even with FastPass you're still going to have to wait in line to get 1000 people through it. Not counting delays, breakdowns, protein spills, that guy who always sits near me that somehow thought Florida without an antiperspirant was a good idea...

Really ham-fisted data mining has to be the only goal here. Otherwise the execs running this thing have lost complete touch with reality.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crud

I just spent about a month getting some friends ready for a trip and there were no FP times available for TSM their whole trip so I told them to just go at opening and stand by...seems that's not going to work...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Maybe TDO should realize that the ONLY reason the lines for TSMM are so long in the first place is because of the utter lack of RIDES for the "whole family" at DHS. Maybe instead of building another track (which sounds like a ridiculous idea, IMO) build some new RIDES that everyone can go on. I bet if they did that, TSMM would not be so popular. The attraction itself is not that good. This is evidenced by the lack of insanity generated over at DCA for the same ride. That is because there are plenty of other rides at DCA.
    Wow this is EXACTLY the problem! Well said!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I just spent about a month getting some friends ready for a trip and there were no FP times available for TSM their whole trip so I told them to just go at opening and stand by...seems that's not going to work...
    Indeed. Who would ever have imagined that this would not be a possible solution? The decline in guest service at Disney is stunning. Customer service isn't just being polite and smiling when talked to, it is how you set the table before anybody is there too. It's a rotten way to treat your guests, who might be paying nearly a $100 per person (with tax) just to be there that day.

Post Thanks / Like

This is so wrong. AP holders not staying on property (locals, timeshare, SoG) will be challenged to get a FP at only 30 days. And poor day guests- they'll likely never get on TSM! Rediculous.
    It's getting so hard.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Really ham-fisted data mining has to be the only goal here. Otherwise the execs running this thing have lost complete touch with reality.
    Gary, they already have lost touch with reality in Orlando... This is what some of us were saying, and warning about, when the rumors/talk of this NextGen nonsense came up... We were of course shouted down by WDW fans who think Disney does nothing wrong... Well, sadly, those of us giving these warnings have been proven right each and every step of the way..

The management team in Orlando is incompetent... And that's being nice... And Staggs, Rasulo, and Iger are no better...

With that said, I have heard that management had no choice but to cave in and allow stand by today... Is anyone there who can confirm stand by was open?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about this mess again today after reading the post where someone was saying people were showing up at their FP+ time and then having to wait in line 15, 20, and 30 minutes to ride.

If they are giving out so many FP+'s to attractions in an attempt to accommodate guests so as not to get blow back when people are unable to schedule a FP+ for the attractions they want but then they show up and have to stand in a 20-30 minute line at their FP+ time, what has been accomplished? Does management not have enough common sense to rationally think this through and realize that only so many people can ride a ride per hour and regardless of whether we just walk up and stand in standby for 30 minutes or stand in a FP+ line for 30 minutes, it is still 30 minutes? Why make the vacation experience so dang aggravating with all of this prescheduling nonsense and then end up having to stand in line anyway. Madness I tell you....Madness

Post Thanks / Like

Well of course they had to relent and let a standby line form. A 30 minute FP+ line IS technically already a standby line.

So stupid.

On another note, I will be there in 10 days. I just scheduled some FP+ today when I got my tickets. I was able to get everything we wanted, at decent times, except Mine Train. There were plenty of TSMM times available to choose from on the day we are going to DHS.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

.. Is anyone there who can confirm stand by was open?
    Not today (Tuesday), but I'll be there tomorrow.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Not today (Tuesday), but I'll be there tomorrow.

Steve
    Enjoy, and if you can, please let us know your observations... Interested in hearing from someone who is actually there...

BTW, do you have a FP for TSMM?

***As for today, couldn't seem to confirm if they did, indeed, open stand by... some people were saying yes, some were saying no...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy, and if you can, please let us know your observations... Interested in hearing from someone who is actually there...

BTW, do you have a FP for TSMM?

***As for today, couldn't seem to confirm if they did, indeed, open stand by... some people were saying yes, some were saying no...
    I do have a fp for TSMM. We weren't really planning to go to Studios tomorrow, but plans changed last night. Picked up the fp for TSMM about 7 last night while waiting in a 30 min long fp line for PotC. And btw, when I got that fp, i had my choice of virtually any time of the day - so it wasn't a random catch of a cancelled one.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    We are seriously talking about not renewing our FL Resident APs this year. Every time we decide to go over for a day, we try to get FP+, and the only times available are usually at 9/10pm. That doesnt work for us since we have a two hour drive each way. Then some one tells me they actually had 12 fast passes for one day. Its just sad what they have done. First we found it impossible to eat at a table service restaurant and now this.

Universal is looking better and better. We can have a nice meal and not run around with a spreadsheet.
    Really? Huh, I live an hour away and don't really have issues getting FP+. Living closer like we do I will sometimes book some FP+ 30 days ahead and as it gets closer if I know I'm not going I just cancel.

I realize that this paticular situation [which really needs to be confirmed through Disney by calling], isn't optimal but goodness, I just don't get all the brew ha ha over it either.

Then again, I'm guess I'm in the camp of "Disney can do no wrong" since the changes don't affect my life that much. I still go, I still enjoy the magic and have fun. All other Orlando Parks gravely pale in comparison IMHO
    **shrug shoulders**

I would be curious as to the story behind the 12 FP+. Did you talk with them further? Did they use theirs and then get more? You can not book 12 at once.

ETA: If I get time at work, I'll make a call to Disney to confirm.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    The only good part of FP+ is that maybe some people who NEED to lose their jobs will. In my experience, though, those are the people that are the best at throwing other people under the bus...
    I wonder if those execs will be required to book a FP+ for that bus first!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    ETA: If I get time at work, I'll make a call to Disney to confirm.
    I wouldn't bet on anyone at a call center having any better information about this mess than we do.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I wouldn't bet on anyone at a call center having any better information about this mess than we do.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: