Quantcast The funniest show on TV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The funniest show on TV

IMO Seinfeld is the funniest show of all time and nothing has come close to it as far as I am concerned until now......

While I loved The Office while it was on, it still wasn't quite competition.

While it isn't the same "type" of comedy The Goldberg's can stand toe to toe with Seinfeld. Its is sooooo funny, especially if you remember the 80's. I laugh out loud each show I watch.
    It's in it's second season and if you haven't watched it yet check it out. I don't think you will be sorry.

I watched one show last season and laughed so much I went on demand and watched the full season in one day. My favorite episodes are "Never Say Die" The Goonies and "Livin on a Prayer".
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Seinfeld, and I don't even like Jerry. But that whole cast together, and the writers, all of it worked so well.

Funniest show on now? I really don't know. I like a lot of comedy shows, but there's nothing that I really have to watch. I have seen the Goldbergs a few times, and it is funny.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Seinfeld, it was funny back then and is still funny today. I have seen a couple episodes of the Goldbergs an agree it is also a very funny show. Another current good one is Modern Family.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite comedy is "The Big Bang Theory".
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched a few episodes of The Goldbergs, and there is some good stuff in there, but overall it's not must-see TV for me. The current shows that always keep us laughing are Modern Family, Mindy Project, and Brooklyn 99. Used to like New Girl, but that really seems to have taken a nose dive.

Seinfeld is one of the best sitcoms ever in that not only was it funny, but most of the episodes really hold up to multiple viewings.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably the one guy in the world that didn't like Seinfeld. I watched it while in college because it was part or our Thursday night routine. And it had moments, but I just didnt' like it.

now, I love big bang theory, to me that is the funniest show on tv now.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Seinfeld was a very funny show.

Currently I find The Soup very funny.

As for shows I can watch with my kids - The Middle, The goldbergs and Modern Family are shows we enjoy.

We almost didn't start watching Yhe Golbergs if it wasn't for my son wanting to see it. My husband and I thought the previews looked bad. I'm glad my son had us watch it because it is really really funny.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I'm probably the one guy in the world that didn't like Seinfeld. I watched it while in college because it was part or our Thursday night routine. And it had moments, but I just didnt' like it.

now, I love big bang theory, to me that is the funniest show on tv now.
    Me too. I just don't find Seinfeld funny. I think it is a matter of age. When it was popular, I was in high school/college. I have noticed that the people who like Seinfeld are all 5-10 years older than me (I'm 36 now). I just think I was too young to "get it" back then and when I try and watch it now, I don't find it funny. I liked Friends though, and still do. I do think Jerry Seinfeld is pretty funny, but I find him funnier nowadays.

Right now? I find these shows funny: Mindy Project, Parks and Recreation, Portlandia, South Park, Nathan for You, Louie, Brooklyn 99, SNL.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I know so many people love the Big Bang but I watched and didn't like it. Maybe I will try it out again.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I only watch Big Bang and Mike & Molly. I’d rather watch re-runs of Wings, Friends and other classic shows.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Seinfeld will probably always be my favorite as well. I still relate things in life to some goofy thing that was on Seinfeld. Probably a not too distant second for me would be Everybody Loves Raymond. I don't watch much on TV now. A couple of shows, but no comedies. Also loved Arrested Development.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back old thread! I'll add that I'm 29, DH is 31 and we are huge Seinfeld fans. But we both watched it with our families during its original airing. I remember watching many of the syndicated episodes with my dad at night when I had trouble sleeping in middle school, and watched the finale live with my dad and brother. A lot of it went over my head at the time but I still remember enjoying it. But I feel the same way about Friends as some of you feel about Seinfeld. That is one show I never understood the appeal of, yet I know so many who love it. I have tried to watch it so many times, and I just don't laugh.

Frasier is another favorite.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that ever saw Tim Conway and the rest of the Carol Burnett cast - they could get me laughing just by looking at each other. I enjoy The Middle and Modern Family. I liked Seinfeld when it was on but dont watch it in reruns.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i'm grumpy View Post
    I guess I only watch Big Bang and Mike & Molly. I’d rather watch re-runs of Wings, Friends and other classic shows.
    Wings is one of my ALL-time favorite series! I enjoyed it most when Amy Yasbeck (Helen's sister, Casey) joined the cast. I was disappointed when Thomas Haden Church (Lowell) left. One of my favorite episodes is when Helen and Antonio must get a quickie divorce in Mexico. There are many more episodes I love but I always think about Casey saying, "Helen's..at..the store..." and I die laughing. I'm laughing right now.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Anyone that ever saw Tim Conway and the rest of the Carol Burnett cast - they could get me laughing just by looking at each other.
    I loved watching Tim Conway and Carol Burnett along with Harvey Korman and Vicky Lawrence.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Anyone that ever saw Tim Conway and the rest of the Carol Burnett cast - they could get me laughing just by looking at each other. I enjoy The Middle and Modern Family. I liked Seinfeld when it was on but dont watch it in reruns.
    Oh my gosh, YES! Love everything they did on that show, it always has me in stitches.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny Shows

We think for current shows that Mom is pretty funny as well as the new show Fresh Off The Boat.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Wings is one of my ALL-time favorite series! I enjoyed it most when Amy Yasbeck (Helen's sister, Casey) joined the cast. I was disappointed when Thomas Haden Church (Lowell) left. One of my favorite episodes is when Helen and Antonio must get a quickie divorce in Mexico. There are many more episodes I love but I always think about Casey saying, "Helen's..at..the store..." and I die laughing. I'm laughing right now.
    Yes she was great. The show got better and better. Joe and Antonio were my favorites.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

OMG totally agree about The Goldbergs! This is my wife and my favorite show and, being from the area, the Philly touches just make it that much better.

Definitely my favorite show these days hands down!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    OMG totally agree about The Goldbergs! This is my wife and my favorite show and, being from the area, the Philly touches just make it that much better.
    I agree, Ian. I didn't want to like this show, simply because it makes me feel old to understand all the 80's references, but I can't help myself. It's hilarious! The Goldbergs, The Middle, Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are all the funniest shows on TV right now, in my opinion.

Although I watched Seinfeld on occasion, I found it's sense of humor a little off-putting at times. It was a little too dark for my taste, if that makes sense. For a comedy to be worth watching for me, it has to be funny but also have a heart.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: