Quantcast Epcot - F&W Spoilers please! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephicakes View Post
    We were just there and I forgot about this lounge!

We were at F&W 9/20-9/27 and stayed at BC so we walked into WS almost every evening. The crowds were heavy even on weekdays so sometimes it was hard to even get through to read the menus for each food kiosk, so pack your patience. We had better luck at lunchtime exploring what was available and not fighting the crowds so much. Weekends were definitely busiest and often it was hard for me and DH to walk side-by-side. But the periodic rain helped thin the crowds out.

The one thing we did enjoy was the microbrewery they have set up in the Odyssey building. It was nice and cool in there and never busy so we could escape the crowds for a minute. The lighting was nice and low and we enjoyed some flights of tasty craft beers.

Enjoy!
    What is the Odyssey building? I've never heard of that. Thanks!
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Odyssey Pavilion was a restaurant MANY years ago and has been closed for quite some time now. It’s “technically” in FW but it is located between Test Track and Mexico on the east side. I believe now they only use it for business functions/gatherings but someone else will probably come along that can give more info. The Disney website shows it clearly on their areal map. It was a nice air-conditioned break for us during F&W!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week. The crowds weren't terrible. Got a little worse as the day went on. The lamb chop in Australia was amazing! Possibly one of the best things I've ever eaten. The filet mignon in Canada was really good and so was the mini beef slider in the Hops and Barley Market. I didn't really have anything bad, except at the dessert and Champagne booth. I tried the trio and the frozen s'mores and didn't like either of them.
    8/97, 6/00--Fort Wilderness Campground
    7/02--Disneyland
    6/04, 6/07--WDW Offsite
    12/05, 9/08(Honeymoon)--Pop Century
    2/09, 7/10--Saratoga Springs
    9/09, 9/10--Animal Kingdom Lodge
    9/09, 7/10--Old Key West
    10/10, 12/10--Hilton Head Island Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Thanks for all the tips and spoilers.

Sounds like the Filet at Canada is a must. And the Kimchi at S. Korea, as well. I like most everything, so this is going to be tough.

Lindslou - I think we're going to have to share things!!!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephicakes View Post
    The Odyssey Pavilion was a restaurant MANY years ago and has been closed for quite some time now. It’s “technically” in FW but it is located between Test Track and Mexico on the east side. I believe now they only use it for business functions/gatherings but someone else will probably come along that can give more info. The Disney website shows it clearly on their areal map. It was a nice air-conditioned break for us during F&W!
    Oh I've always wondered what that was! Thanks!!
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    Wow!!! Thanks for all the tips and spoilers.

Sounds like the Filet at Canada is a must. And the Kimchi at S. Korea, as well. I like most everything, so this is going to be tough.

Lindslou - I think we're going to have to share things!!!
    Sharing means caring!
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Monday and today. Crowds Monday were quite heavy (and absolutely crazy yesterday at MK). Today very warm but far less crowded.

Chase Lounge has been a nice place to cool off, rest up, get something to drink and use a restroom. It does need more seats!

As noted above prices now hover around $5 an item. DW and I did the seafood crawl on Monday. Really liked Brazil and Morocco items.

Craft Beer at Odyssey on a weekday is averaging 5,500 visitors.

Haven't had a bad dish yet and we have 14 destinations marked off in our passport.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindslou View Post
    Sharing means caring!

The prices being $5 or so doesn't frighten me. Only b/c I've never partaken, so I have no comparison. I'm actually pretty pleased w/ the prices in that sense.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again for all the tips here in this thread. We had a really, really good F&W experience. Maybe too good.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

We were there this Monday. Crowds were nonexistent. Not one of the 10 or so booths we hit up ever had a line. We began around 2pm and were done around 6:30.

All the food was good. We were borderline angry about the high alcohol prices/tiny portions of the alcoholic drinks though. Wines were being poured at 1oz or 2oz, max. Beers are now 6oz. Prices were $5-7 per drink. I love the Grapefruit beer so I bought 2. $9 is steep for 12oz of beer. One Apple Wine was a 1oz shot and was $7. Total ripoff. I had 3 beers, a wine "flight" (total 3oz), a Grey Goose Citron, and another wine. I wasn't even buzzed, and I am a complete lightweight. I spent $33 on alcohol and felt like I hadn't drank anything. They need to lower the prices or up the size of those drinks. Its a poor value. Next time, I will skip the alcohol at the booths and hit up Rose & Crown instead.

Food item standouts were: Pork Belly and Cheese Bread at Brazil, Pork Slider at Hawaii, Warm Chocolate Pudding at Ireland, Sea Salt Caramel Creme Brulee at France, Beef Skewer at Patagonia, Rib Eye Taco at Mexico
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on what I've tried so far this year (comments in italics)

Loved
    - The Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini (Australia)
    - Cheddar cheese soup (Canada) [hard to screw this one up]
    - Belgium waffle with berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium)
    - Seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisee and maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette (Canada)

Average:
    - South African bobotie with turkey and mushrooms (Africa)
    - Tartelette aux escargots: Escargot tart with garlic, spinach, bacon and parmesan (France) [loved this last year, but the bread shell on it this year is tasteless)
    Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll (Germany)

So bad I didn't even finish
    - Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies (Australia)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Thoughts on what I've tried so far this year (comments in italics)

Loved
    - The Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini (Australia)
    - Cheddar cheese soup (Canada) [hard to screw this one up]
    - Belgium waffle with berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium)
    - Seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisee and maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette (Canada)

Average:
    - South African bobotie with turkey and mushrooms (Africa)
    - Tartelette aux escargots: Escargot tart with garlic, spinach, bacon and parmesan (France) [loved this last year, but the bread shell on it this year is tasteless)
    Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll (Germany)

So bad I didn't even finish
    - Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies (Australia)
    I am currently writing up my review of what we tried at Food and Wine (wanted to have it separate from the Dining review that is posted here). I absolutely agree about the lamb chop at Australia booth. That was really our only disappointment of the festival this year. The lamb was overcooked and the mint sauce had absolutely no flavor. Our favorites were the Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon from the Scotland booth and the Gratin de crozet de savoie: Wheat pasta gratin with mushrooms and Gruyere cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    We were there this Monday. Crowds were nonexistent. Not one of the 10 or so booths we hit up ever had a line. We began around 2pm and were done around 6:30.

All the food was good. We were borderline angry about the high alcohol prices/tiny portions of the alcoholic drinks though. Wines were being poured at 1oz or 2oz, max. Beers are now 6oz. Prices were $5-7 per drink. I love the Grapefruit beer so I bought 2. $9 is steep for 12oz of beer. One Apple Wine was a 1oz shot and was $7. Total ripoff. I had 3 beers, a wine "flight" (total 3oz), a Grey Goose Citron, and another wine. I wasn't even buzzed, and I am a complete lightweight. I spent $33 on alcohol and felt like I hadn't drank anything. They need to lower the prices or up the size of those drinks. Its a poor value. Next time, I will skip the alcohol at the booths and hit up Rose & Crown instead.
    Natalie, you needed to drink champagne or sparkling wine like my sister and I . Those glasses are the same size plastic champagne flutes as last year. We drank that almost exclusively with our food. I had the Grand Marnier slush and it was the same size as last year.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I am currently writing up my review of what we tried at Food and Wine (wanted to have it separate from the Dining review that is posted here). But I absolutely agree about the lamb chop at Australia booth. That was really our only disappointment of the festival this year. The lamb was overcooked and the mint sauce had absolutely no flavor. Our favorites was the Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon from the Scotland booth and the Gratin de crozet de savoie: Wheat pasta gratin with mushrooms and Gruyere cheese.

Natalie, you needed to drink champagne or sparkling wine like my sister and I . Those glasses are the same size plastic champagne flutes as last year. We drank that almost exclusively with our food.
    Clearly Champagne was the way to go, but I actually drink that a lot at home. I wanted to stick with things I had never tried or thay I could not get locally.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Clearly Champagne was the way to go, but I actually drink that a lot at home. I wanted to stick with things I had never tried or thay I could not get locally.
    So do we, but we didn't let that stop us . There were some unique sparkling wines this year. Domaine Chandon offered a Brut Sparkling Blanc de Noir at Block and Hans which was really nice. We don't think Dom Perignon is worth the hype, as we have had champagnes which taste as good for less. We had 3 glasses of Moet and Chandon Imperial for the price it would have cost us to have 1 glass of Dom.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: