Quantcast Movies You're Glad You Watched, But Will Never Watch Again

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Movies You're Glad You Watched, But Will Never Watch Again

My chorus friends & I were talking about really great movies we had seen, and I mentioned that there were several that I thought were great, but I would never watch again, due to various reasons. Here are three of mine. What are yours?

The Exorcist - Waaay too creepy. Freaked me out when I saw it, and it still does just thinking about it.

The Killing Fields - This movie had me depressed for a week after I watched it.

Marley & Me - I thought it would be a light-hearted comedy romp with a crazy dog. Nobody told me about the last 30 minutes. I was sobbing like a baby at the end. Ruined my whole weekend.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The remake of "The Champ" when that little boy starts crying for Champ to wake up, oh my. It breaks my heart.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Great question.....Really made me think

I'm with you on Marley & Me....I vowed never to watch it, then while we were in Rome (no English speaking TV) with my sixth grader (at the time) we were watching pay per view with very few options and we watched it. I cried...and I never cry.

Seven...Is another one for me. Not a great movie but I thought the story was interesting...just a little too dark for my liking.

8MM..that was another one. Interesting story but too dark and depressing.

I don't like watching any movie where kids or animals get hurt or die. I try to avoid them but sometimes don't realize it before I start watching and it's too late.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Black hawk down.
    I guess I could say I was glad I saw it because I am better informed
    But I DO NOT want to see that movie again. So heartbreaking and it just angers me.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The first movie that came to mind for me was Gandi. It was really a great movie but I have need to see it again.
    And I have to agree with Rita on Seven. Good and scary, but too good and scary gross.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Black hawk down.
    I guess I could say I was glad I saw it because I am better informed
    But I DO NOT want to see that movie again. So heartbreaking and it just angers me.
    Never watched the movie because.....a local kid was in that fight...I had a class in college with his sister and her and our professor got into a little argument over it. The professor should have just let it go because I could feel her pain... When they decided to make the movie, I believe from the articles I read in the paper, that family was against it.....When the movie came out read another article and I believe it said he was the first to die in the movie....he was in a tank and got shot in the head...said it was very graphic.....Although I didn't know him personally I had a connection to how real these things are and how the people left behind have to relive a painful part of their lives again.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Never watched the movie because.....a local kid was in that fight...I had a class in college with his sister and her and our professor got into a little argument over it. The professor should have just let it go because I could feel her pain... When they decided to make the movie, I believe from the articles I read in the paper, that family was against it.....When the movie came out read another article and I believe it said he was the first to die in the movie....he was in a tank and got shot in the head...said it was very graphic.....Although I didn't know him personally I had a connection to how real these things are and how the people left behind have to relive a painful part of their lives again.
    Oh no!

So sad, what a horrible mission
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

The only one that immediately comes to mind is Schindler's List. I watched that movie once and it was so emotionally exhausted when I was finished I thought, "I could never do this again."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The only one that immediately comes to mind is Schindler's List. I watched that movie once and it was so emotionally exhausted when I was finished I thought, "I could never do this again."
    Schindler's list was the one I thought of as well. It is a phenomenal movie and I believe every person needs to see it once in their lifetime, but you are worn out at the end of it! I took a group of high school students to see it and we had a round table discussion with them afterwards. It was great to see how much knowledge and understanding they gained from that movie.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Off the subject... but speaking of Schindler's List...look up Harry Winton....my son was studying him in his US History class. He ran a similar operation in Prague and saved 670 children.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it's Nicholas Winton.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Equally fascinating was the story of the Bielski brothers, which was told in the film Defiance. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Equally fascinating was the story of the Bielski brothers, which was told in the film Defiance. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
    I had never heard of them but I just read a little about them and I am fascinated. I found a book I think I may read. I love reading about true stories in history. Especially about people putting themselves aside to help others.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Zero Dark Thirty. Great movie. But not one I would sit down and watch again
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I had never heard of them but I just read a little about them and I am fascinated. I found a book I think I may read. I love reading about true stories in history. Especially about people putting themselves aside to help others.
    As do I. I'm particularly interested in the WWII era simply because there were so many folks who gave so much of themselves (many times the ultimate sacrifice) working for a greater good.

That era of history was very unique and fascinates me.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my 3 that spring to mind

Riddick (3) a complete waste of 2 hours of my life after I loved the previous 2 ...how could they come up with such drivel

Dinosaur ( Disney ) it was so boring and they could have done so much better

Die another day .... As a Bond fan the invisible car was just pushing it too far and the plane scene at the end was ridiculous

Will add hatchi a dogs tale (wrong spelling I know ) with Richard Gere
    We bawled our eyes out to that film and it made it worse as it was based on a true story !! I could never have the bottle to watch it again ������
    Last edited by RAIDER; 10-13-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Adding on a sentence
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one tonight that is really old. I have never seen it but always wanted to. It's good but I have no interest in watching Cocoon again and probably won't watch the second one.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: