Quantcast Gringott's for the non-roller coaster fan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gringott's for the non-roller coaster fan

I am headed to Universal Studios and IOA next Wednesday (I'm a huge HP nerd!) and I really want to ride Escape from Gringott's. However....I do not care for roller-coasters. Have any of you been on the ride that can kind of describe it? I don't mind simulators, and I have ridden FJ and Spiderman there without any real problems. I don't mind roller coasters like BTMR or SM- just hate the ones that have the plummet like Splash. Any thoughts??
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to describe, but it's closer to a Spiderman and Transformers kind of ride than Forbidden Journey or a true roller coaster.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It's barely a coaster. It is a car on a track, yes. That's about it. I read that the largest drop is about the same as the one on Pirates of the Caribbean. Something like a 12 foot drop. It is reportedly less intense than Forbidden Journey so if you have done that one you should be fine.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, roller coaster is an extremely generous term. It is on a track and does have a drop or two, but it is far closer to Spiderman and Transformers. You should be fine!

And as a big HP fan I'd say it is not to be missed. Unlike FJ, Gringott's takes place "during" the movies, specifically the final movie, as what is happening to you is happening at the same time as Harry and crews infiltration of the bank to get the horcrux. From a plot/story perspective, it beats FJ's "greatest hits" mishmash hands-down.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Ii rode it a few weeks ago, and I'm afraid I'm not going to sound nearly as positive as these guys.

I am not a big coaster fan at all. I will do BTMRR, don't like it. I have done RNRC & space mtn, won't do them again.

At universal I LOVE Spiderman and transformers. I am 50/50 with forbidden journey- sometimes it makes me feel queasy, sometimes not but I do to anyway.

When I rode gringotts, I had been told "less intense than forbidden journey, more like Spider-Man meets dinosaur" so I was feeling pretty good!

I will tell you that my experience was terrifying!
    I was literally clawing at the walls of the ride looking for something to hold on to. ****SPOILER ALERT*****

There is one part in the beginning where the car is completely vertical- you feel like you're going to fall straight down. I freaked!
    After that, it's more roller coaster-ish. Maybe think barnstormer.

I am glad I rode it bc I too love HP. I cannot say I'll be riding it again.

I'd say do it so you don't regret it. If it helps you, know that the first part is the "worst" and then you're home free!

And enjoy Diagon ally! It's spectacular!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The ride does have one drop at the beginning, the train lifts to about 45 degrees and plunges into a tunnel, the rest of the ride is pretty tame. It stops several times along the way to present both 3D screens and "Peppers ghost" illusions of characters from the movies. The train cars also incorporate simulator type movements (rotate, vibration) to enhance the story elements. A very enjoyable and creative ride experience! Also the elevator ride, taking you nine miles down to the vaults is convincing and fun!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: