Quantcast Por ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Por ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Por ?

So I see on the info page that Alligator Bayou is the closest to the main building at POR. When I look on the wdw site there are so many choices for rooms : River, Pool, Preferred, Royal. How do you know which is in Alligator Bayou? I tried to open the resort map but it wouldn't open. Our family would like to try to stay there next summer but I know my DH will not want to be in a far off section. Thank you
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

you can do a Google search to find out for sure. There are many rooms that are far from the main building, but not too bad of a walk either way. The grounds are gorgeous which makes walking very pleasant. You would need to put room/building requests on your reservation to try to get something closer. Otherwise, booking a Preferred room gets you closest to the main building.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Port Orleans Riverside has two "sections" of rooms, Alligator Bayou and the Mansions. Two of the mansions house the "royal" rooms, which is an upcharge.

Buildings 14-15-18-27 are known as "preferred" buildings and are all in the Alligator Bayou. Booking one of these rooms would guarantee being more close to the main building, but again, there would be an upcharge.

If you go to the resort tab here on intercot you can navigate your way to the Riverside link and then eventually the resort maps.

As far as deciphering buildings, very simple, if the building is a number (ie building 18) it is in the Alligator Bayou sections. If the building is named (ie Magnolia) it is one of the mansion buildings.

If you are a family of 5, you would automatically be placed in Alligator Bayou section.

I don't pay for preferred rooms or views. Our strategy is to simply book standard room, then prior to arriving to place a request for a specific building, not require it, request it. We've always been fortunate enough to get what we've asked for without having to pay the upcharge and if we don't get it, we don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

The rooms you are looking at that are close to the main building would be preferred, and are located in Alligator Bayou. They do cost extra, but are worth it if it means a lot to you to be near the main building. The resort is large, with lots of winding paths and tons of vegetation. It's the only resort on Disney property we have ever had trouble getting around. Got "lost" finding our room there twice. Lol.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I could not get the map of the resort on here to open up. I appreciate all of the suggestions
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

For this resort, I do not wish to be close to the courtyard. The walk in the early hours through the Alligator Bayou is so beautiful, I usually make it twice a morning. I wake up early, shower, dress, leave, and take the walk alone for a coffee. Then I return, wake everyone, and do it a second time with family. It's really picturesque. If you don't get a room close to the courtyard, I feel sure you'll still enjoy your stay. Enjoy.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Im the same way. I like the walk around the grounds. Even though we were far from the main Building, We were close to one of the bus stops. I don't remember which building it was, but for some reason 27 comes to mind.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: