Quantcast Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

That pool area looks very nice. I am interested to hear back from people who stay there how the internal transportation works. We like Disney's buses and things and we would like to know if the 4 Seasons runs all the parks and things as often as Disney does.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks totally awesome. I've always wanted to stay at a Four Seasons. Is it "Disney" enough fo me I wonder? My husband will love it and it could be a good compromise (as he isn't a big Disney fan) ... But will I feel like I am at Disney?
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back and I will try to have a review up soon.

Super short summary- Phenomenal, bus schedule needs a bit of work, does not have a Disney feel (but it does have a Disney desk with very friendly DIsney cast members) and hands down best staff of anywhere I have ever stayed.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    We just got back and I will try to have a review up soon.

Super short summary- Phenomenal, bus schedule needs a bit of work, does not have a Disney feel (but it does have a Disney desk with very friendly DIsney cast members) and hands down best staff of anywhere I have ever stayed.
    I'm still not sure it's a great Disney resort, but definitely a great resort for a wonderful hotel stay. Luxury and service are always standouts at Four Seasons resorts. I really enjoyed your Facebook look at it, Cindy. Thank you.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm still not sure it's a great Disney resort, but definitely a great resort for a wonderful hotel stay. Luxury and service are always standouts at Four Seasons resorts. I really enjoyed your Facebook look at it, Cindy. Thank you.
    I think I agree with that assessment , Sherri. It could be a great Disney resort but they need to work out the transportation to make that happen.

I'm glad you enjoyed the picture. I should have a few more this week including a look at the character breakfast.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

hi Cindy! I am really looking forward to your review! I will be interested to understand how it differs from a premium Disney resort (say, Grand Fla).

I know the service itself is likely to be the big stand out...

but also, do they have still have "Disney TV" in the rooms? are there Disney amenities in the room,? are the little towel folds on the beds?, etc. ...

i.e., - my husband will love the sophistication of Four Seasons but will the kids and I miss the "Disney-ness?"

Thanks in advance!! Can't wait.

Carolyn
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the summary, Cindy, and the pictures on Facebook. As the hotel recently opened, I think they'll work out the transportation issues, especially if enough people say something.

I think that this hotel will fill a need for those whose first priority is the overall luxury and service of a hotel rather than a Disney feel, which is odd for Disney fans like us on this board. I will use one of my cousins who lives in Tampa as an example. They are people of considerable means and luxury and service are their first priority when they vacation. When his family of 4 stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT, they were not impressed. As his wife told me, while it was nice to be close to one of the parks, they did not think the hotel offered enough of what they wanted. I know that meant that the resort did not make them feel pampered. They have since been staying at the Ritz Carlton for their weekend trips with their 2 boys. I think they will love the Four Seasons.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Thanks for the summary, Cindy, and the pictures on Facebook. As the hotel recently opened, I think they'll work out the transportation issues, especially if enough people say something.
    I agree, Christine. I had a talk with the manager about the transportation schedule because my daughter and I missed the last bus from the Magic Kingdom Saturday night because they did not schedule the buses late enough. The last bus left at 11:40 from the TTC on a night that MK closed at 11pm and had a 11 parade. He told me that they were working off a schedule that Disney World had suggested. I told him that based on my experience that is too early for the Magic Kingdom and they need to have buses available for at least an 1 1/2 after close. They are going to check into it.

I will say their response was fantastic. He was very concerned about our situation. They did not have a car available to pick us up, so they had us take a taxi back to the hotel and they paid for it.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised at those room rates -- I expected them to be much higher for a Four Seasons. Thanks for the photos. That Explorer Island looks fabulous!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

So the buses for the 4 Seasons picked up and dropped off at T&T not out front with the Disney resorts? How about the other parks/water parks/DTD? Did the buses run as often or where you waiting more?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I took note last weekend while we were at WDW that a 4 Seasons bus for HS was dropping off/picking up but it was quiet far from the gate of the park. A little bit of a walk involved.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    So the buses for the 4 Seasons picked up and dropped off at T&T not out front with the Disney resorts? How about the other parks/water parks/DTD? Did the buses run as often or where you waiting more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    I took note last weekend while we were at WDW that a 4 Seasons bus for HS was dropping off/picking up but it was quiet far from the gate of the park. A little bit of a walk involved.

Sorry I missed this question. Since the Four Season's is not a Disney resort even though it is on Disney property , they have to use the bus lots set up for the outside hotels. These are always farther away than where Disney buses drop off. At the MK drop off, the Four Seasons bus did have the first spot in that lot but I would not consider it close.

The MK lot is at the TTC past the gift shop.

I talked about my experience at the Four Seasons on the most recent podcast and will still do a follow up review.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: