Quantcast Anyone have issues with their 4/5 year old and magic bands?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone have issues with their 4/5 year old and magic bands?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had issues with their 4 or 5 year old wearing their magic band or losing it or even not wanting to keep it on? If so, what are some ideas to prevent some of these? What worked for you? Thank you all in advance.

Disneyfamilyforever
    Disneyfamilyforever

April 2005 POP Century(But went to Universal Studios)

May 2006 POP Century

February 24-28 2013 Art of Animation

Next trip February 1-7 2015 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My 14yo DD does not like wearing hers. I hold it or she puts it in her purse. I wear mine on the strap of my Dooney letter carrier purse. I find it easier and my wrist doesn't get sweaty. If you are worried about band loss...just hold it for the kids.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My 8 year old didn't like wearing it unless he was swimming. It made his wrist sweaty and it bothered him. When we were at Blizzard Beach and the resort pool, he didn't mind because he was all wet anyway. I just let him take it off when he wanted.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to wear it all the time. Our oldest just carried it in his pocket. He never wore it the entire two weeks we were down this summer. My youngest would only wear it to get into the park and then he would hand it off to my DW who would either wear it or put it in a pocket.

There are fabric sleeves you can buy at the parks that have designs on them. Last December when they were rolling the MB's out we tried them. We just put it over the MB and it solved the sensory issues my youngest had.

Though in the heat of summer he preferred not to wear it unless he had to.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Also remember you can tear off the grey piece surrounding the color section to make it smaller for little wrists.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Also remember you can tear off the grey piece surrounding the color section to make it smaller for little wrists.
    Be careful doing this as it's not reversible. I did it and then realized my son would have been more comfortable is it was more loose. Unfortunately, I had it on the last hole so couldn't make it bigger. It is actually more comfortable with the grey part intact.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

When we went in January, my 5 year old son kept it on most of the time. However, he has small wrists and hands and it slipped off once... on a boat dock... I about had a heart attack. Thankfully it didn't fall into the water, but I made sure that when he wore it from then on that it was tight enough. Sometimes he didn't like wearing it because they do become uncomfortable if water gets underneath them. I usually had him take it off when he washed his hands so that wouldn't happen. I always had some kind of bag with us so if he really refused to wear it any longer I could store it safely in there. For the most part he wore it though because his sister and cousins wore theirs and this made him feel like one of the big kids.
    TinkerBeth

Post Thanks / Like

We took our 4 year old grandson in May and I thought for sure he would not wear it. He's quite picky about wearing things like that (and shoes LOL). But he wore it the entire time and even remembered to put it back on each morning. We did take the outer part off and it fit him fine. It didn't come off all week (except when he took it off at the end of each day).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm worried about that as well. My son doesn't like wearing anything like that,. Doesn't like hats, sun glasses, and i'm sure will not want to wear the band. I'm prepared to just keep it in my pocket,.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

DH or I just wore it on our wrists. He kept taking it off even after it was tighter and we thought he would lose it
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

our DD5 loves wearing hers...always has! We let her unlock the room, and she likes to be able to tap it for fast passes. She gets upset if she can't tap it to pay, so some cashiers let her tap also to "make sure its working". I think its about getting it to the right size. She doesn't like it tight, but has small wrists, so we still take the outer part off. It won't fall off, but she can pull it off over her wrist if she tries. I think it just depends on the kid. We've not had any problems when other kids have traveled with us either, but if they see mom and dad not wearing it--maybe they won't want to either.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

They turned out to be more comfortable than I anticipated although I did not wear my watch in favor of wearing the band. Initially, I did think it would be uncomfortable and sweaty but it ended up not being either and we traveled in June. Really, the only feature that I ended up not liking was that the darn thing doesn't tell time because I checked it constantly. However, if you child will not wear it, you can try to either loop it around a bag strap or belt loop on pants or just have a parent carry it.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

It is too small for my wrists. I wore mine on my lanyard this past February. This Fall, we had cards fortunately.

So you could always wear yours on a lanyard and wrap a piece of tape on there, that might stick on there pretty good (in case you are worried about the little one undoing it).

Could put some adhesive velcro on to help it stay on as well.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My 4YO won't wear it...he hates the bands for the MNSSHP and MVMCP too. I usually wear my band and his too. Or this past trip I just carried his in my purse and pulled it out when needed.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: