Quantcast Palo reservations & questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palo reservations & questions

Hi! Looking so forward to our first cruise!!
    Lots of questions but trying to focus on one or 2 things at a time!
    When can you first make online reservations for Palo? When can you start filling out the cruise documents for that matter? I have read that tip is included in the $25 surcharge but if you choose to tip more, do you bring cash along to the meal? I assume alcoholic beverages ( and tip) are added to your account?
    Thanks!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can make Palo reservations at 75 days prior to sail date. Filling out documents can be done online once you have made final payment. I have not done Palo yet but I would probably not tip additional due to the surcharge. When you purchase alcohol on board, it is automatically charged to your account. In bars, the gratuity is auto added, but you can write in additional tip on the receipt, like at any land based bar.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BrerGnat!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I have not done Palo yet but I would probably not tip additional due to the surcharge.
    the surcharge is basically just like going out to any fine resturant, i mean you do get a bill after you've eaten at any resturant and gave a tip correct? why wouldn't you pay a tip at Palo? you've never been so you don't know, it will be 1 of the best meals that your ever going to eat period! so b4 you tell people not to pay a tip, try going to Palo and experience it. the $25 per person is basically pre-paying for your meal, it is an exclusive fine dining establishment, so me and dw have no problem paying a so called surcharge and let me just say that the service is 2nd to none as well , and they DESERVE a tip as this is a huge part of there living pay. goto New York to any fine resturant and see what your bill is going to be b4 tip.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    the surcharge is basically just like going out to any fine resturant, i mean you do get a bill after you've eaten at any resturant and gave a tip correct? why wouldn't you pay a tip at Palo? you've never been so you don't know, it will be 1 of the best meals that your ever going to eat period! so b4 you tell people not to pay a tip, try going to Palo and experience it. the $25 per person is basically pre-paying for your meal, it is an exclusive fine dining establishment, so me and dw have no problem paying a so called surcharge and let me just say that the service is 2nd to none as well , and they DESERVE a tip as this is a huge part of there living pay. goto New York to any fine resturant and see what your bill is going to be b4 tip.

Victor
    Actually, according to DCL, the Palo and Remy surcharges INCLUDE gratuity. Leaving extra is always welcome and at your discretion. Some servers will deserve extra and some won't. We have always tipped over and above the recommended minimums on DCL. However, it is not a foregone conclusion.

As for Palo being one of the best meals I'll ever have? Doubt it. I've had many incredible meals. I'm sure it's great but at the end of the day, it's still a cruise ship. I bet it's a few notches above the main dining room food but that's all I'd expect for $25pp surcharge. Realistically, thar meal in a land based restaurant would run about $100-150 for a couple. Last I heard, the server gets about $10 of each $25 surcharge. That's right in line with a 15-20% tip. I'd maybe leave a few extra dollars for exceptional service. And, of course, if you order wine with dinner, the tip automatically gets tacked on for that too.

Point being: be careful not to overtip at Palo.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

As for Palo being one of the best meals I'll ever have? Doubt it. I've had many incredible meals. I'm sure it's great but at the end of the day, it's still a cruise ship. I bet it's a few notches above the main dining room food but that's all I'd expect for $25pp surcharge.
    i'm not gonna battle here with you but you coudn't be more wrong about Palo, if you've never been how can you say what your saying about the food? just wondering? yes its a cruise what does that mean? that the food is subpar compared to the outside world? again sorry for saying this but if you haven't been there don't be so fast to judge
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    i'm not gonna battle here with you but you coudn't be more wrong about Palo, if you've never been how can you say what your saying about the food? just wondering? yes its a cruise what does that mean? that the food is subpar compared to the outside world? again sorry for saying this but if you haven't been there don't be so fast to judge
    Fair enough.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We did the steakhouse on RCCL and I would rate the meal better than a Ruths Chris Steakhouse steak. I would rate DCL food better than RCCL overall, so I would expect Palo to really blow me away. One of these days...

But I do agree, once they label something as a surcharge instead of a gratuity (and gratuity is up to me) that's where I stop. It's just a matter of principle.

I understand things like number of people and because people don't tip sometimes, but when you lump me in with the deadbeats that don't tip, I lock up the wallet. I do tip very well normally.

Post Thanks / Like

Palo is great and yes we tipped over and above, the service was exceptional (much better than we have received at some high end resturaunts here).FWIW We were told by our server that the $25 did not go to her.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Palo is great and yes we tipped over and above, the service was exceptional (much better than we have received at some high end resturaunts here).FWIW We were told by our server that the $25 did not go to her.
    exactly we do the same. i couldn't agree more, it is a wonderful place to eat, the food is really outstanding.
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Well, your server lied to you because DCL says otherwise. She doesn't get the full $25, but she gets a fair share of it. That right there turns me off. There is no reason for a server to lie like that.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: