Quantcast The Amazing Race 25

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Amazing Race 25

September 26th is the date! I am going to miss this being on Sunday evenings (even though sporting events did cause issues with recording it). Check out the trailer:

TAR 25 teams

It will be nice to have all new teams this season, although I'm sure some of you are familiar with the team that was on Survivor. Especially intriguing to me are Adam and Bethany, Michael and Scott, Shelly and Nici. I have a feeling that the Wrestlers will provide some of the drama and, of course, we have the requisite Blondes! And what about the spray-tanned dentists?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, can't wait!
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Been watching TAR Canada and Australia (vs New Zealand) and while in theory they are the same, they feel like cheap imitations. The places they go on the US version are better. Haven't really cared for any of the teams on recent seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that Bethany Hamilton is doing this. She's awesome! And at quick glance, I have no idea who the Survivor folks are.

Post Thanks / Like

It took me a moment to remember the Survivor team (I still don't remember him), I think she was a country music singer.
    Holy spray tan. Maybe they will become the "Tannies", after all we saw the Twinnies in the past.
    I wonder how fast the wrestlers will get on everyone's nerves. The promo was almost too much.
    Hopefully the dating college guys are really, really smart as they sure don't look like they could be much of a threat in the physical challenges.
    As in the past by the time this race finishes I will probably have a completely different take on all of them and will have to eat my words.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

The video doesn't work for me, maybe my adblocker software is blocking the site. How do you all feel about the new immunity twist? Instead of getting an express pass, the team that wins the first leg will get an immunity pass that saves them if they ever come in last place. To me, this completely takes any strategy out of it and dumbs the race down even more. (Unless I'm missing something, but this is how it reads to me.)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    The video doesn't work for me, maybe my adblocker software is blocking the site. How do you all feel about the new immunity twist? Instead of getting an express pass, the team that wins the first leg will get an immunity pass that saves them if they ever come in last place. To me, this completely takes any strategy out of it and dumbs the race down even more. (Unless I'm missing something, but this is how it reads to me.)
    It sounds like Survivor??

I see your point, Maryanne. As long as they don't "double" the immunity pass (like they've doubled everything else), I'm willing to give it a chance.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently in other versions of TAR they introduced something called a Salvage Pass, which allowed one team to either save another team, or get an extra time advantage the next leg. But as I understand it, it could only be used the first leg. So the team that won it most often gave it to another team to garner good will.

Supposedly its going to be called "The Save". What little I've read about it is still vague. I don't know if it can be carried thru the 8th leg like the Express Pass, and I don't know if this replaces the EP or if its in addition to it, or if the team that holds it can use it on or transfer it to another team.

Personally, it feels like the super idol on Survivor, you don't need to play it until your name is actually read, and not before. I could easily see the team winning it never having to use it. On the surface, I'm not seeing a whole lot of upside to it, other than it makes one team very powerful, if its allowed to be carried several legs.

Can't wait for the new season, haven't checked the cast bios yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell which teams will annoy me already. LOL
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Did everyone catch the premiere? I thought it was a decent opener. I liked the roadblock on the beach, hunting for the treasure chest. I laughed when they put that little graphic of the treasure on screen to indicate where it actually was for the final 3 teams that were having such a difficult time. I was happy to see the blondes get eliminated. Nothing bothers me more than these girl teams who are so quick to play the woe-is-me card. I rewound the altercation at the sign up board 3x, and while it wasn't crystal clear who got there first, the firefighter did have the pen in his hand and the blonde ripped the pen right out. Then she complained to Phil on the mat about being shoved out of the taxi- one of the firefighters was already IN the taxi so what on earth was she trying to accomplish by trying to force her way in? That being said, I'm not a big fan of the firefighters. I thought it was weak of everyone to take the penalty. And then when the one said "We're from Boston, that's what we do, we come back" I cringed a little. Coming back would've been to find the treasure and bump off one of the teams who took the penalty. I don't have a favorite team yet.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was great! This season is looking to be really interesting.

Loved the treasure challenge. We also cracked up when they showed where it actually was.

Also glad the blondes went home, couldn't stand them. Thinking the firefighters will be next, a four hour penalty is a lot to come back from!

The other thing that made me wince was when the urban cyclist girl (Kim?) was ogling Bethany's husband right in front of her. I found that very inappropriate, but she handled it well.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, I'll just say I do not like the dentists. At all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I agree!
    And I'm sooooooooooo glad we've gotten rid of the blonde team this early.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the girls taking the pen out of their hands as they were writing was just wrong and then to claim she was playing friendly but the entire time my boys and I were hoping it would be the wrestlers to go. Loved it when their boat sank!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We loudly cheered "Hurray!" when the blondes were eliminated first. Did not like their style of play. So happy this show is back on.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Was it anything they said or did in particular? Or just a vibe? I admit I was fighting off the sandman a bit throughout the episode so I feel like I may have missed something. I don't particularly like or dislike them what I can recall.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Was it anything they said or did in particular? Or just a vibe? I admit I was fighting off the sandman a bit throughout the episode so I feel like I may have missed something. I don't particularly like or dislike them what I can recall.
    For me it was a general "creep" factor. Can't really give a better answer than that.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Yes I got the creepy vibe from them too!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely arrogant, and I'm being petty, but the deep fake tans and neon bright smiles really turn me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    For me it was a general "creep" factor. Can't really give a better answer than that.
    The combination of the perfect teeth, bad spray on tan, perfect build and abundance of arrogance/confidence puts them pretty much right into the annoying category. Whether they stay there or not, remains to be seen.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: