Quantcast Epcot Entertainment Being Refreshed, Long Time Acts Being Replaced - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed each of these acts, but after seeing them each a couple of times, I passed them by on subsequent visits. I always wished the entertainment would change more frequently. It's an easy way to keep the overall experience fresh for repeat guests.

I liked the music of Off Kilter, but if I'm not mistaken, you can buy it on a CD (and I just might). Let's see what's coming next. ...for now I refuse to believe that the lumberjack show is going to be as boring as it initially sounds.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    The flag act is Sbandieratori Flags. I will confess my own ignorance. I have never thought Italy and flag waving. I did a little internet research and flag throwing is an Italian tradition dating to the Middle Ages (or thereabouts depending on the source). Flag waving started as a way to keep military skills up between battles. Shows usually include costumes with heraldry, musical accompaniment of drums and trumpet. The YouTube videos I saw on this do look entertaining.
    I was pretty sure this was the act that was coming to Italy, but I'm not sure if it is the same group. The act was a popular one at the Italian Renaissance Festival that used to be held at Vizcaya in Miami every year. They are pretty impressive if given enough room, which is the one thing I'm worried about. The wind might be to high for them to do it out on the island but it could get pretty crowded doing it in the courtyard. Of course the group I was used too was 15 people so Disney's could be smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

This just in from Disney :

"After such a positive response to our changes in the World Showcase, we've decided to make some changes to Future World as well. The first change is to the Imagination Pavilion. It will be the addition of a 3-D experience called 'Imagine Profits', featuring Bill Gates and Pauly Shore. The second change will be to the Universe of Energy. Instead of climbing into ride vehicles, you'll be able to make the planet greener by simply walking through the attraction under your own "energy". At the end of the "ride" will be a new gift shop called "Universe of Energy Bars", where you can replenish your energy that you spent running as fast as you can to get out of this attraction. We feel these changes will freshen up Future World and enhance the experience of our guests to match what we believe the future of the World will be."

All this to say, are they really replacing Off Kilter, a Celtic music group, with a.... Celtic music group?
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I might be able to enjoy a Lumberjack show, if I could eat a Beaver Tail while doing so........
    Disney Villas 1986/CR 1988/Dolphin 1992/POR-GF 1996/WL 1997/CBR 1999/WL 2001/BC 2003/POFQ-HHR 2004/BWV-VWL 2005/POLY 2006/ AKL 2006/YC 2007/Wonder-BCV 2008/WL-BLT 2009/POLY 2010/BWV-Dream 2011/CSR 2012/ YC 2013/YC 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how quickly the idea of just adding more acts got shot down?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    For me, the biggest criticism of Epcot is that they haven't been changing acts with enough regularity. To keep the park fresh you have to have new acts. Yes the Off Kilter is good but it's been about 20 years or so. I hope that this signals a new era where we get to see new acts every couple of years.
    Agree with this - but Epcot is sorely in need of new attractions too. Currently, it is a half day park at best.

One of the main reasons we get park hoppers is to go to Epcot restaurants for dinner & now with FP+ we're considering stopping that as well.... You can't get on any of the remaining Epcot attractions at night (except maybe Mission Space - but we don't ride that any way).
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySue View Post
    I might be able to enjoy a Lumberjack show, if I could eat a Beaver Tail while doing so........
    funny.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new or surprising. Change is always abound at wdw and that change is typically a not so bad thing. I'm sure the performers didn't expect to stay around forever.

I will say with that ironically enough I wish I could have fully enjoyed every second of the old British Invasion show before it left and when we took our mother in law bc we kept telling her about it and had he excited (she's a huge fan) then it was gone

Oh well! We arrive the 29th and I can't
    Wait to check out the new acts!
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I wonder how quickly the idea of just adding more acts got shot down?
    Immediately. Typically they take away more than they put in when it comes to Epcot. It has been that way for more than a couple of decades now.

Post Thanks / Like

Fife and Drum Corps probably is the one that bums me out the most. I'm glad British Revolution is still sticking around. I enjoy those shows (as I did the predecessor British Invasion) and will actually plan around seeing a show.
    Off Kilter was fun, but not really my thing to watch over and over. I've only caught Mo'Roccan a few times. Most of these are just atmospheric to me as I wander around, so I'll give the replacements a shot. Fife and Drum Corps really appealed to the history lover in me, though. I always stopped to enjoy them.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Rush instead of the Lumberjack Show at the Canada Pavilion?
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

DH was pretty bummed when I told him that the Fife & Drum Corps was getting the axe. We love watching them when we visit. He even had his picture taken with them a couple years ago. It's the pic that pops up on my phone when he calls me.

World Showcase... A tribute to all nations, but mostly Ameri.... doh... wait a second... what would Sam Eagle say??
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We love Mo Rockin!!!
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    No, they'd be for Eat to the Beat.

You must be talking about a Rush tribute band, then. Rush still sells too many tickets and albums to sign up for the has-been tour circuit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    You must be talking about a Rush tribute band, then. Rush still sells too many tickets and albums to sign up for the has-been tour circuit.

You got that right!

Post Thanks / Like

I love these changes! I especially love seeing something actually Italian in the Italy pavilion--the World Showcase players had a place in UK, but there wan't anything really Italian since Masquerade, but the flag throwers should be both awesome and authentic.

I liked MoRockin, but the new act sounds more authentic to me. And I can't wait to hear the new celtic folk band in the UK.

The sticking point is I've always loved Off Kilter, and I don't know how I'll feel about the new lumberjack show, which just seems silly

But overall I give big thumbs up to the live entertainment changes.

Any chance we can get Speldmans Geldje (or however it's spelled) back in Norway if they promise to play "Let It Go"?
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nuts!

The only one I'm ticked about are the World Showcase Players. They always made me laugh, and I always wanted to be in one of their shows. It's a line item on my bucket list. I'm an amature thespian with a lot of stage experience, and it would have been a great time for me and the Players to interact during one of their performances.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to scratch that one off my list.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

So the Lumberjack show went into soft opening today. A friend of mine sent me a video. I'll see it live on Wednesday. It's basically a bunch of banter with guys doing things like you see on the Lumberjack games on Outdoor Channel - cutting logs, climbing logs, etc. Mildly entertaining but I don't see it having a lot of staying power. I was trying to have an open mind even as much as I loved Off Kilter. I was truly hoping for something awesome but it came across as mostly "meh." Hopefully the show will improve as they work out the kinks but watching dudes in flannel cut logs only holds my attention for so long.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    So the Lumberjack show went into soft opening today. A friend of mine sent me a video. I'll see it live on Wednesday. It's basically a bunch of banter with guys doing things like you see on the Lumberjack games on Outdoor Channel - cutting logs, climbing logs, etc. Mildly entertaining but I don't see it having a lot of staying power. I was trying to have an open mind even as much as I loved Off Kilter. I was truly hoping for something awesome but it came across as mostly "meh." Hopefully the show will improve as they work out the kinks but watching dudes in flannel cut logs only holds my attention for so long.

Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The thing I don't understand about the lumberjack show is that it's playing on a stereotype that I thought many Canadians themselves do not care for. Yes, Off Kilter had men in kilts, but at least they threw off the stereotype by playing Celtic rock music.

I just saw a video of the lumberjack show and while it might be interesting to watch once, I don't think I would go back for multiple performances. The announcer himself was kind of annoying, repeatedly telling the audience how "amazing!" the lumberjacks were.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: