Quantcast Coronado Springs Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs Resort

Anyone stayed here recently? What are your comments/reaction to this resort? Bus Service to the parks? Which bus stop is best to be at in order to get a seat ? Pepper Market (for breakfast only)?

We are thinking of staying here on our next visit. The Ranchos look interesting

Thanks in advance for your answers
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband & I stayed there in April & really enjoyed the resort. We did pay a little extra to have a preferred location room, which worked out nicely. We were in the Casitas bldg 3, which was close to the main part of the resort & a quiet pool. It was a short stroll to our nearest bus pick-up. There was also a nice bar right by the lake which was great for a relaxing cocktail at the end of the day That was our first visit to Coronado Springs, but I would definitely stay there again!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there last November. We had planned on staying at POR, but had to stay here to get the free dining plan. We love POR and POF, so we had some concerns about staying at this resort. We had heard the rumors about the size, the lack of character theming, the convention crowd, etc. So we went into things having some significant concerns.

What was our experience? It was absolutely wonderful. We love this resort. It was one of the most peaceful resorts we have stayed at, the pool is great, the food is great, the rooms are decorated really nice, etc. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I don't have a single complaint. It is large so be prepared to walk a little. I would avoid the Ranchos as they are so far from the main building.

We stayed in the Cabana's which were my favorite by far. My second choice would be the Casita's. Another nice part about the Cabana's is they are close to the bus stop prior to the main building. So if you have to go to the main building, you can catch the bus if you don't feel like walking. It saves you the walk 1 way. We never had issues with a bus being so full we had to wait for another one. It was the best experience that we have ever had with transit to, and from, the parks.

The staff was fantastic. We had great experiences with friendly and helpful staff. I had heard that this was the case as they have a better staff here for the convention crowd. I am not sure if that is the case, but our experience with the staff was a big thumbs-up.

Lastly, we really liked the sliding doors between the sink area, and the bed area. This is a curtain in other resorts, but the doors were a really nice change. It really cut down on the lights, and sound, in the bed area. This was a big win for us.

Feel free to PM me if you have any additional question. I think you will love this resort.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

thads....thank you so much for an awesome report for this resort

After reading your impression we ARE going to stay here. Long walk to the Ranchos section does not bother us.

Thanks
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs

We will be staying here for the first time in a little over 2 weeks. In ready any of the reviews, I am very excited to check it out. DD's are now 22 and 19, I think they will prefer this atmosphere to CBR or Pop... Super excited !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bus stop 2

Bus stop 2 near Casistas is the 1st stop. Sure to get a seat.
    I like the bus stops. They are covered and have benches, water and vending machines.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite resort, and the only resort I've done twice. Unfortunately, the rooms don't fit my family anymore because I have three kids (C'MON DISNEY, FIX THIS!).

The bus service is the best on property as far as I'm concerned. The buses are always timely, plus you're only a short drive from three of the four parks because of it's perfect location.

The Pepper Market is great, especially if you're on the Dining Plan. For the cost of a CS credit, you can get a Rib-Eye steak and all sorts of yummy food.

As for the Ranchos, that's the best spot! I've stayed in that area twice and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The decor in the room is cool, the theming of the area is incredible, you're right inbetween two bus stops, and if you're positioned right, you can see the fireworks from Epcot.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. Great resort. It wasn't as crowded as the other resorts during our stay. Pepper Market was good for breakfast. We only used the bus to go to Hollywood Studios; our only issue was having to wait 40+ minutes for a bus on our return back to Coronado Springs from Hollywood Studios.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed here twice and loved it both times. (Returning in 2015.) Ranchos area is far, but walk in morning is beautiful. I never minded it.

Pepper Market is my favorite food court for breakfast of the moderates. They also have a wonderful main pool and a fantastic sit-down restaurant in the Maya Grille. (Try to find time to eat at least one meal here.)

Conventioneers were only an issue one morning for us in our two stays. For the most part, resort was very peaceful and quiet. Staff was courteous and kind. Great resort. Can't wait to return.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Csr

We have stayed there a number of times for both work and pleasure. The resort decor is so cool. The pool area is great and as many have said before just a quiet peaceful feeling staying there especially after a long day in the park.
    I have stayed with folks who were housed quite a distance away from the main area and they did complain that it is a pretty far of a walk. Try to get close as that could be a problem for some. Also - loved the Pepper Market. I think you will enjoy it.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Love Coronado Springs. It's by far my favorite moderate, and we find ourselves back there every other trip, it seems. Our favorite section is Cabanas, although we've stayed in all three and enjoy all three for different reasons. I just prefer the location of Cabanas between the Dig Site and to El Centro.

I love the decor of the rooms and the sliding door between bed and bath.

It never does feel really crowded there for me, and the conventioneers never bother us. Many times we've had virtually empty buses to the parks because the convention folks are doing their thing at the hotel.

The Pepper Market seems to have gotten a bad rap over the years, but we've always liked it. It's unique, and the food is good.

And my favorite hidden Mickey is at this resort!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in October 2012 and I thought the resort was very nice...and the room was a decent size for a Disney hotel room.

We paid a little extra for a room closer to the lobby, and that I wouldn't do again, because we were still pretty far. I didn't feel it was worth the extra cost.

The Pepper Market was busy in the morning from what I can remember.

The pool was very cool.

The staff was great...we were there during Hurricane Sandy and needed to extend our stay. They gave us a little discount on the room for the next 3 days. They also called the airline for us and got us on an alternative flight since ours was canceled.

We don't care for the Disney bus system and always rent a car, but my husband was sick one day and I used the buses instead. The bus stop was close to our room and the buses came often. But of course a ride that would have taken five minutes in the car took 30 mins on the bus because of all the stops. That's my main reason in renting a car during our visits.

Needed to do laundry because of our extended stay....the laundry room was below par....A lot of dryers didn't work, but you didn't know it until after you put money in them. They were not marked "Out of Order".

I would go back to this hotel if we wanted to stay in a moderate again. We usually stay deluxe and this was the first moderate we stayed in so I can't compare it to others for you.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thads View Post

Lastly, we really liked the sliding doors between the sink area, and the bed area. This is a curtain in other resorts, but the doors were a really nice change. It really cut down on the lights, and sound, in the bed area. This was a big win for us.
    I would agree with this, but my husband is a light sleeper and every time I would close the doors it would wake him up.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the doors are the future because they added them to CBR with their latest rehab

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl65 View Post
    Looks like the doors are the future because they added them to CBR with their latest rehab
    Great to hear! I love the doors!

Post Thanks / Like

We love CSR. Ranchos is a far walk around the lake from the Pepper Market but it is a beautiful walk. My 7 year old did it many times with no problem. The ambience of this resort is fabulous, especially at night. We stayed in Casitas and loved the short walk to Pepper Market. We loved PM for breakfast and for dinner. We loved the create your own salad bar. Since we have been last year, I believe they changed the PM from sit down & have server to a more ala carte type of meal, but that is even better for us. Quick good meal and we are heading out again. You will love CSR. It was always so quiet and the large pool is great.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy to read these reviews! We are staying here for the first time and I was not sure if I would like it or not.
    If it is such a small world then why do my feet hurt so much!!
    1972-1984 Off Property
    1991 Disney Inn / Poly
    1994 Dixie Landings / Poly / Port Orleans
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1996 Institute / GF / Contemp
    2001 AS-Movies / Poly
    2002 GF
    10/2004 WL
    8/2006 WL
    9/2007 Riverside
    9/2014 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read this as well as I'll be staying here for the first time in a couple months.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: