Quantcast Villains' Sinster Soiree to be available at MNSSHP- hard ticket event $99 per ticket - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love a hard ticket event for a hard ticket event.

To each their own, but disney isn't getting a penny out of me for this.

It's too bad the people that buy these add ons feed into the imaginative laziness that has taken over disney.

If people didn't buy tickets to these events, it might actually force disney to use some real imagination.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I get what you are saying, my question is though is it Disney's fault or Disney's responsibilty concerning someone's disposable income?
    Of course not. That's why I said I'm not really surprised nor really upset by it. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. They have every right to milk their fan base and I have every right not to purchase a ticket.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with it, if there is no demand for it i'm sure it'll go away. If there is demand I'm sure we'll see more offerings along these lines.

If you don't like it just don't go and you'll never be aware that it's going on.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I realize that I came off harsh in my original post on this topic....A knee-jerk reaction, as it were.

IF you want to participate in this "Villain's Sinister Soiree" event, you cannot do it UNLESS you also pay for a MNSSHP ticket. Why not, if you really want this to go over well, have it on the off nights when MNSSHP is NOT being held?

Would I pay the price either way?? Probably not, but I don't do M&Gs anyway. Others would love to do it, but would not be interested in the MNSSHP.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

So wait - I'm out of it (on vacation). This is a hard ticket on top of a hard ticket?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    So wait - I'm out of it (on vacation). This is a hard ticket on top of a hard ticket?
    Exactly!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Exactly!

Whoa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This is the sound of me checking out of every hard ticket event Disney can ever come up with forever.............done
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

......and on the heels of the Vilians Unleashed mess that I attended, as my final "well it can't be that bad, right?" as far as hard ticket events go.

At least with this you know up front what you're getting (hosed), unlike the VU party where you had no idea before hand that:
    1) the brown derby was open to anyone as a casual venue
    2) that you should have gotten a treat bag when you left (we left at 1am, thanks Disney)
    3) the event would be sold to anyone with money regardless of how many people that actually admitted

ok, ok I'll let the VU party go, just still so frustrated about it......ok, moving on....

Just waiting for the "Frozen festival of Food" at Cinderella's Royal Table at the MVMCP, cause you know its going to happen, or something similar.....
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for years a lot of people have been begging for a villain's character meal. Now there is one, at a premium price. Not begrudging the idea or the price. I just hope the people that choose to try it really enjoy it and feel that the ticket price was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

EDITED my post...

At first I was bothered about this, but CRT is generally not open during the parties, as I recall. So this isn't moving something previously available to a premium ticketed event. It is a "new" offering. So charge whatever you want to, Disney. Why stop at $99? Put an exclusive after-party in the Haunted Mansion for $999 per person too.

Post Thanks / Like

The reviews on this event seem pretty mixed. Overall most people seem to really enjoy the face time with the villains. Complaints of the event management team and how they made people feel rushed. Probably the most constructive complaint I read, for the 10:15 at least, is that it takes up most of MNSSWP. That you are paying $99 to miss most of what you spent $70 on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    Probably the most constructive complaint I read, for the 10:15 at least, is that it takes up most of MNSSWP. That you are paying $99 to miss most of what you spent $70 on.
    That's my biggest problem with it. I already have issues with paying an extra $70 for 8 hours in the park (if you enter at 4pm). I'm not going to pay $70 just to get to pay $99 more.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    That's my biggest problem with it. I already have issues with paying an extra $70 for 8 hours in the park (if you enter at 4pm). I'm not going to pay $70 just to get to pay $99 more.
    Yeah, I read a very interesting and well presented blog written by an extreme Disney enthusiast, and his take away was "definitely not worth it".

On the plus side he said the CM's that played the villains were excellent and met all Disney standards.

One of the main problems was that people were rushed thru lines, plates were being cleared before eating was done, character lines were set up but you couldn't take the time to get photos because you were rushed up to the eating area. The other main issue seemed to be that after doing the parade, viewing the fireworks in the preferred location, then the dessert party, over 4 hours of your MNSSHP is gone. So paying a hard ticket price for access to rides that you no longer have time to go on becomes very much a rip-off.

Off all their money grabs, this truly is one of the biggest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Be prepared for more hard ticket events... Got to make that money up from the boondoggle that is My Magic Plus, magic bands, NextGen, and FP+ since, you know, it isn't tricking guests to spend more money (in other words, it's not working!!!), not the way the MBA's sold it to the BoD anyway...
    After reading a blog review of this event a reader posted a follow up with interesting speculation that goes along with what you are saying. This reader had put forth that Disney sold Wall Street and everyone that My Magic Plus etc. would increase per visitor spending, which it hasn't as you pointed out. So to please Wall Street, and to create metrics, all of these hard ticket events end up reflecting an increase in per visitor spending, just not in the way they intended or wanted.

If my experience isn't diminished by the events, then all the more to you if want to drop $160 on this event. I certainly can't/won't throw $800 at it for my family. One of the things that I do dislike about MVMCP is that they hold it so many nights, I think it goes almost 50% of the nights by the time you total it up, that it ends up restricting my access to the MK, which isn't acceptable.

End of rant, losing focus.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still in awe (and not in a good way) of a hard ticket on top of a hard ticket. Blows. My. Mind.

Post Thanks / Like

The price they charge for these events has little to do with the "value" a guest may receive, or the actual cost that Disney incurs in producing the event. It's all about supply and demand. In this case, for the Villains' Sinister Soiree, there is apparently a big demand, and a very limited supply (restaurant capacity). That makes for a high price.

For that matter, the same economics applies to general park admission as well. It's based on park capacity vs. demand. The higher the price, the lower the demand for tickets, and that's how they can keep the parks operating at near capacity, which is the most efficient mode of operation for Disney.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could buy a WDW park admission for only $10.00 per day? Maybe not. Imagine how impossible it would be to buy tickets at that price. People would be complaining because they couldn't get into WDW when they wanted to go. Sound familiar, BOG wanna be guests? The price gets the demand down to where supply is "relatively" balanced. True, it's not always perfect, but otherwise demand be out of control.

I get that it seems unfair, when price locks one out of certain events. But keep in mind, the price of basic admission to any WDW theme park already locks out probably 95% of the world's population. If you can afford a Disney trip at all, even a very basic one, you are already one of the privileged few. It's hard to argue that you are being treated unfairly because those people even more well off can enjoy a more expensive vacation. That's nothing new. I guess I am having trouble figuring out how even the average Disney guest ever started feeling discriminated against by prices. Those who are truly disadvantaged would be laughing at us.

OK, off my soapbox now, sorry.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

On the other side of the "supply and demand" argument, I am getting hit with incentives (discounts and add-ins) to book a stay on property every week. While they are charging more and more and apparently operating at capacity in the parks, the same does not appear to be true for the hotels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post

If my experience isn't diminished by the events, then all the more to you if want to drop $160 on this event. I certainly can't/won't throw $800 at it for my family. One of the things that I do dislike about MVMCP is that they hold it so many nights, I think it goes almost 50% of the nights by the time you total it up, that it ends up restricting my access to the MK, which isn't acceptable.

End of rant, losing focus.
    From what I'm understanding, it WILL diminish the party experience. They've taken away the mingle part of the mix and mingle and most of those villians are no longer available for meet and greets because they are made soley for the Tremaine thing.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    From what I'm understanding, it WILL diminish the party experience. They've taken away the mingle part of the mix and mingle and most of those villians are no longer available for meet and greets because they are made soley for the Tremaine thing.
    Oh. I had not considered that they would do that. That would cause some disappointment and frustration because they are charging more for a party that now offers less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: