Quantcast CRT vs Akershus for breakfast

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CRT vs Akershus for breakfast

Trying to decide which Princess Breakfast option to choose. Are the same princesses at both places? Do they have the same food choices ( especially pancakes, waffles or french toast)?
    Pros and Cons of each?

TIA!!!
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Akershus over CRT. We've seen Ariel a number of times, while we tend to see Jasmine at CRT, and otherwise (for us anyways) the princesses have been the same. We find Akershus a more relaxing time, better service, better food and more time with the princesses.

Akershus has a small cold buffet (fruit, meats, Danish, bagels, etc.) and then serves a family style eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. The Potatoes are AWESOME ... we keep joking that we need to bring a Ziploc with us to take some to-go

CRT serves grown-up apple caramel French toast, and French toast "sticks" for kids, neither of which are on the menu at Akershus.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

As an adult princess fan, my husband and I did both for our honeymoon a few years ago without kids. We did CRT for Dinner and Akershus for Breakfast. We much prefered CRT over Akershus. The "loading" area for CRT is much more hustle and bustle than Akershus, but I found the dining area more relaxing. We also found the food to be better at CRT, our family style plate was average at best. We will be trying both for our upcoming trip in October.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

We have done both and enjoy both. Akershus used to include the photos but we generally do photopass+ or now memory maker so we will still get those. Breakfast food at CRT was much better in our opinion and our DD3 got to eat in the castle. For one dining credit Akershus is an amazing deal though, def one we won't miss on our trips. If you can't do both, Akershus is great and you really only miss Jasmine in most cases.
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Akershus gets our vote as well. The breakfast is super yum and the princesses are great. We had a lot of time with each princess at Akershus vs CRT where our time with them felt very rushed. We have done the Akershus breakfast several time and have always see Bell, Jaz, and Snow. We have also see Mary Poppins and Aerial. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

A friend HAD to eat at CRT when she and her family went on their first trip to WDW a few years ago. I mentioned Akershus and she got ADRs there as well, kinda humoring me.

When she got home she said she was glad she'd done CRT but she didn't need to go back. Mainly because the food didn't impress her considering the cost. She would and has gone back to Akershus.

We usually see, at Akershus breakfast, Belle in the photo place, and Aurora, Jasmine, Mulan, Snow White, or Cinderella in the dining rooms. We've never seen Mary Poppins there.

We also like the potato casserole at Akershus.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

It's so funny you posted this. I was actually going to post something to the effect to see which most people prefer.
    Personally I prefer Akerhaus. I think the main dishes are very similar, but they have a really nice prebreakfast bar.
    plus it's very laid back.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: