Quantcast How reliable is the MDE app for your spart phone on wait times?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How reliable is the MDE app for your spart phone on wait times?

I just got an iPhone 5 over the weekend and promptly downloaded the MDE app. We have a trip at the end of September and I wondered how accurate the wait times posted are on this app? I've been playing around with all of the features and I can see all the posted wait times for each attraction at each park. This will be VERY handy to have but I wondered if anyone had any insight as to the reliability and accuracy of these posted times? Thoughts? Thanks!!! 61 days to our trip!!!!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an ancient (by cell phone standards), plain-old, iPhone 4 - not even the "fancy" one with Siri. The posted wait times on the MDE app exactly match the posted wait times at the attractions so they are as accurate as the last time they were updated at the attractions. I did find that I frequently needed to close the app (double-click the home button and swipe the small picture to the top of the screen) in order for the app to update to the correct times.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We've used it a few times now, and they're pretty accurate.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that wait times can change quickly. Sometimes, we approached a ride showing a short wait on the app only to know by appearance alone that the wait was actually much longer. Now that most people have the app at hand, folks can quickly head to a ride that shows a short wait time thereby rather quickly pushing up the actual wait time before it can be updated. Conversely, a ride showing a longer wait time might be avoided by many folks who see the long time on the app while the ride itself has a line that dissipates. We seemed to note this a few times on our trip in May.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default MDE and FP+ - my first time and it was easy!

Just an FYI that I made my FP+ selections this morning (my 60 day window opened up) and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to use. I didn't get up at midnight to start making selections and therefore, 7 Dwarfs mine train only had a late time available, but I'm glad we got it anyways.

I bought an iPhone 5s over the weekend specifically because I wanted to be able to manage our FP's while we are there (late September) as well as see the wait times. Of course, I've been needing to do this for a while so this was as good of an excuse as any to get the phone.

I have been one of those "I'll wait and see how it goes with the new FP+ stuff before I return to Disney" due to the initial confusion over the roll out - but as far as I can tell they've made it pretty user friendly.

Now - I just hope our magic bands work! ha ha. Everyone have a wonderful day!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

It's fairly easy to make changes on the go too, provided that times are available, of course. I changed things around several times on our trip. If they ever open it up so that you can make additional selections once the first 3 are done (can be done from kiosks in the parks but not from MDE app) and make it so that you can make selections in multiple parks for the same day, it will be great.

Just remember to connect to the Disney guest wifi so that you're not using all of your data plan!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregandmel View Post
    I have been one of those "I'll wait and see how it goes with the new FP+ stuff before I return to Disney" due to the initial confusion over the roll out - but as far as I can tell they've made it pretty user friendly.

Now - I just hope our magic bands work! ha ha. Everyone have a wonderful day!!
    I decided to read all of the information about FP+, and overlook all of the negative comments and confusion about FP+; I decided to continue to do Disney as I always have in the past. I didn't do anything with FP+ until we were in Disney. I found the MDE to be very user-friendly. I was able to get FP+'s for the attractions that were on our "must" list, without any problem. Thanks to FP+ we were finally able to "book" Peter Pan for the first time in 4 years.

As for the Magic Bands, they worked like a charm. We had no problems with the room doors, entrance kiosks in the parks, making CS charges, etc., etc. The only problem was keying in the PIIN when charging food at a CS - the keypad is very small and you have to carefully key in your PIIN. But, don't worry if you make a mistake; all you'll have to do is re-key your PIIN (it took me until the second day, but I finally figured it out).

Don't stress, just go to Disney and have fun.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: