Quantcast 18th Anniversary Trip. Day 4 & final thoughts...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 18th Anniversary Trip. Day 4 & final thoughts...

Day 4: We wake up early for a final yummy breakfast at Mara, poolside, & some swimming. We clean up & check out, just on time.

Next we head to DTD. It took a little circling, but found a decent spot. It was before noon on a Tuesday. I was surprised at the amount of construction, even though I've been reading about it for months. We still had fun shopping & picking out last minute gifts for our girls.

We ducked into House of Blues for lunch. We had never eaten there before. I guess I thought maybe it would be too adultish for our 3DDs. Turns out that was silly! Lol! Lunch was great. Service, food, and atmosphere- awesome! We then headed to Orlando Int'l for our flight home!

Final thoughts: Overall, a great trip! But, DH & I can have a great time together just about anywhere. Nothing big went wrong, but lots of littleish things went wrong. Rude CMs, poor experience with FP+, poor experience with housekeeping, etc. Nothing major for us, but sure might be for someone visiting for the first time, or had to save up for years for a trip. Disney's decline in customer service left a bad taste in my mouth. It may sound petty, but why ask me if I have been to this resort before? You SHOULD know. I could name several other major hotel chains that ABSOLUTELY would know, and also know that we have celebrated many milestones with them. But, why bother, when Disney has no problem filling rooms, whether they provide good customer service or not? The turnstiles will keep spinning. While I am sure we will be back, because I will want to bring our youngest again before she is "old", it will be awhile. This last trip left me rather disenchanted.

Thank you to everyone who has read my reports!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

It is always nice to get away for vacation. I'm sorry this trip left you disenchanted. I'm the Disney lover in my family, but I really have no desire for a trip right now or any time in the future because I do not want to work that hard to schedule my vacation. And, it sounds like things are so busy that even if you have FP+, you do not get to ride many rides (and at least not multiple times like my kids love to do). It really is a bit heartbreaking that they have made everything so complicated.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, MizMissy! That's exactly what I was trying to say! I just got too wordy! Lol! I am the Disney lover in my house too. By no means was it a bad trip, just super worky & $$$ for what you get. I, honestly, feel for first timers. You could spend months planning every minute detail (and who wants to do that?!) and still be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Hopefully, Disney will get back on track - things still seem very buggy and complicated. I'm sure that affects the cast members who need to deal with all the unhappiness over magic bands that aren't so magic or rides they can't get on because the standby lines are ridiculous and they couldn't get a fastpass+ reservation until late in the evening - if at all!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I have enjoyed your reports. The small things add up.
    Have a zippity doo-da day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

While Disney is such a big part of our lives and all of our "happy place", I wholeheartedly agree that service has steadily declined, especially in recent years. I am glad you had a nice trip and a Happy Anniversary - and I hope that the service and the stellar vacations we have experienced in the past are not just that ... things of the past. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope that someone starts listening to us! All I can think is that Walt would be horrified with the treatment and experiences that some of us are having! Very sad indeed!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!