Quantcast I'M BACK! Need help with many things.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'M BACK! Need help with many things.

My family and I are finally able to return to WDW after a 6 year hiatus , due to me going to college and getting settled in a new city, and I could not be any more excited. I saw that 2015 packages come out the 30th so I figured I need to start planning now as we'll be booking our stay in a couple weeks. I know there have been a lot of changes since we last went and I seem to have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I had park planning down pat the first times we went and had fantastic experiences, but now with this FP+ I'm very confused. I can't believe you have to know EXACTLY what you're going to do at a certain time months before you go. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, ADRs can be made 180 days in advance correct? When you book, do you get an update saying when this day will be, as well as one for the 60 day FP+, or do you have to count it out yourself?

One more question for now. We had the most incredible meal experience of our lives when we went in 2008 at Concourse Steakhouse. I know that closed shortly after we left, but I was wondering if anyone would know a number I could call to ask if the Chef there is still at WDW at a different restaurant. Or if any of you know, her name was Chef Dee.

Thanks in advance. Missed you guys!

EDIT: Forgot, one more thing. Do the special promotions like free dining or accommodation discounts come out the 30th as well? Or do you know when the generally run these promotions? We'll be going the president's day week in February. Just trying to figure out where we want to stay. We'd like to do GF if there's going to be one of these promotions, but will have to do POFQ if not.
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

With all of the changes, I would definitely recommend you contact Magical Journeys and let them help you book the trip. They'll walk you through everything and make it much easier on you. The discounts for February aren't out yet. They'll probably release in October or November, but if you want to go ahead and book MJ will apply whatever discount comes out later to your existing reservation without you having to do anything.

ADRs are 180 days out + 10 if you're staying on site. That means you can make your first ADR 180 days out from your arrival day and then for 10 days later. So instead of having to come back each day you can do your whole vacation at once.

FP+ is 60s days if you've bought tickets and are staying on site, which you indicated you are. That begins at midnight ET of day 60 as opposed to 7 am ET with the ADRs.

Also with FP+ you book 3 in advance. If you use those 3 you can get another one at a FP kiosk in the park. You can't book that online.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. Many changes. Start by creating account for My Disney Experience on Disney site. It will count down for you. You can create your itinerary and it will keep track of all your tickets, ADR's and fastpasses. Happy planning. I agree let MJ tack any discounts.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend using Magical Journeys to help with your planning. Since you plan to go Presidents' Day week, I would not count on any specials being available during that time frame. That week is one of the busiest of the year at Disney World. In fact, if you have any flexibilitiy, I'd suggest looking at a different time frame for your trip.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

In the past, we have booked at a discount the week before President's weekend through Thursday night.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

No one answered this so I will. There is nothing that reminds you when your booking window opens. You have to keep track of it yourself. I, personally, have a spreadsheet formula that I use. It's pretty simple if anyone is interested. Of course, there are tons of apps for smartphones that do simple countdowns as well. I've used that in the past.

Lots of changes, for sure. I think that most of us aren't fans of booking ride windows two months out. I've already complained about not being able to ride certain rides because I didn't think i'd need a FP+ and used them on other things, whereas the way it used to be we would arrive at the park and assess what things looked like, and then would grab FP as needed. I like change and upgrades as a general rule, but I hate this one.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    No one answered this so I will. There is nothing that reminds you when your booking window opens. You have to keep track of it yourself. I, personally, have a spreadsheet formula that I use. It's pretty simple if anyone is interested. Of course, there are tons of apps for smartphones that do simple countdowns as well. I've used that in the past.
    Actually, Disney does remind you now if you're registered on the website and have your reservation linked. I got emails for my September trip reminding me when my date was available to make my FP+ reservations. It was only a day or two before the window opened but it did say, "On x day you can start making your FP+ selections."
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

If I remember correctly, ADRs aren't at midnight. What time do they open?
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoalie39 View Post
    If I remember correctly, ADRs aren't at midnight. What time do they open?
    ADRs are at 7 am ET. FP+ selections begin at midnight ET.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    No one answered this so I will. There is nothing that reminds you when your booking window opens. You have to keep track of it yourself.
    Just to update my previous post - I had totally forgotten that when you book (through Disney or Magical Journeys or whoever, it doesn't matter) Disney is now sending out a little welcome letter that does contain all of your booking dates in it. In the very back is a card that's like a fridge magnet that you can tear off and it has your ADR date, FP+ date, and online check-in date all on it. I just got that for my September and December trips. So, there's your handy reminder.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: