Quantcast Downtown Disney Parking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Downtown Disney Parking

With the current construction going on, I have heard it is difficult to find parking and some of the lots are valet. So what is the current parking situation? I have heard it is just easier to use Disney transportation, but we are traveling with my father and he uses a wheelchair, so I prefer to drive. One thing we plan on arriving at DTD first thing in the morning just prior to the stores opening. What are our best options?
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Traffic is a horrible nightmare right now at DTD because so many parking places have been eliminated during the construction. It was bad enough when all the lots were open. However, going first thing in the morning, especially if your father has the handicapped parking tag, shouldn't be a problem. It usually doesn't get bad until later in the afternoon or early evening.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go yesterday and the worst I have ever seen it.

The first lot at the marketplace was totally closed off of Buena Vista Dr. I was able to park in that lot when I was there mid June but on this visit the entrance was blocked with orange cones and there are no turn signs posted on Buena Vista. Later when we where at DTD, I did see cars parked in that area. It looked like they were routing cars there from some of the other entrances.

I unfortunately had to go there at 2 pm so we ended up parking at Cirque Du Soleil and walk up to the Marketplace. I do agree with Chris that you should not have as many problems going earlier in the day.

As far of the rest of the area- One entrance was labelled valet parking. They are charging $20. There are some other entrances that are totally closed. The parking lots have construction walls, valet parking barriers, valet tents and lots of orange cones which make the traffic flow very confusing and the lots themselves hard to maneuver.

The West Side of DownTown Disney has no issues once you are out of the parking lot, but the old Pleasure Island section is full of construction walls that detour you around the construction. It continues all the way up to the Lego store. It definitely makes DTD harder to maneuver.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I figured we should be good with going early but I wanted to be safe and have a general idea in case we get delayed for some reason and arrived later, thanks
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

Post Thanks / Like

During the day during the week you ought to be just fine. At night, or on weekends, craziness. But as someone else pointed out, if you have a disabled parking tag you may be ok still. I imagine they still have to maintain a certain amount of handicapped spaces regardless of construction.

When we were there last fall, they were utilizing the parking lot across the street which was I believe a Disney employee lot.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    During the day during the week you ought to be just fine. At night, or on weekends, craziness.
    Yes, going early is key. I went to DTD for a few hours last Thursday while I was visiting my Mom in Tampa. When I arrived around 11:00, I was able to find a parking spot in Lot D without an issue. After crossing the street, I was in the Marketplace right by the new Starbucks. By the time I left around 2:30-3:00, the lot was full and it was decidedly busier with people trying to find a parking space.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Default DTD Parking

I was there yesterday.... At the opening 10:00 am it was a nightmare of a maze.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

It's terrible! Even with the wheelchair, I'd consider riding the bus.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I go alot on weekends and yes in the afternoon and nite is bad. But i never have a problem before 11am. Even on weekends. I use the light thats at the Hess station to enter dtd parking lot. It says valet, but there is a spot to make a left into the parking lot near Planet Hollywood. I get as close to PH and park. You walk around planet hollywood and enter at the side of splitsville. I shop that side. Walk back to car and drop bags off. Then cut thru parking lot to get to the other side. You avoid all the construction and mazes they have up between the east and westside. And its faster.

But i will say, the parking garage is coming along. I cant wait till they are open.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

One more note, it is terrible to navigate when crowded. But ive always found a spot within 15 mins. Patience will be needed. I say take ur car and cross your fingers. But if your goin first thing, i bet youll be fine.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there last weekend, Saturday, place was packed...I entered at the same place I think KBean is talking about-had no problem finding a place quick. It's always a **** shoot no matter what time you go.
    I say take the car!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: