Quantcast Beach Club: Less Than Magical Honeymoon Issue

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club: Less Than Magical Honeymoon Issue

My sister and her husband are currently at the Beach Club for her Disney Honeymoon. They're doing a split stay. Had a few days at the Poly first despite construction because it's her favorite. The construction was a bummer, but the club level staff was fantastic, went above and beyond.

Now she's at the Beach Club for the remainder (until next Friday). They paid for Club Level, but she's surprised at the room. It's standard club level, but super tiny, like closet sized, with only one bed that looks like a double bed. Her husband is 6'3 and she's 5'11. They're average weight people, but fitting both of them in that bed comfortably is not easy. She told them she was willing to move, change rooms, change resorts, anything they could do. The concierge told them everything was full and they couldn't do a thing for them. Also, the Concierge just handed them their packet and said he was too busy to show them around or go over anything. I find this less than magical, and somewhat unacceptable. I recommended she try again, maybe speak to a supervisor.

But I'm also considering that she may have gotten what she paid for. I want her to have the most magical honeymoon ever because she's my kid sister, but maybe she's expecting too much? Can anyone tell me, is that an acceptable standard club level room? Does she have just cause to expect more? What do you all think? Any recommendations?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So the description of the room states:

Views of Rooftop or Parking Area:
    2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
    or 2 Queen Beds
    or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 day bed
    or 1 King Bed
    It sounds like she may have gotten the one queen bed arrangement which is what they paid for.

When we stayed at Poly CL two years ago I did on-line check-in and experienced the same type of service from the concierge. They were pleasant but just handed us our things and sent us on our way.

I hope she can see through the rough start and enjoy the rest of her stay.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound like club level service to me

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    So the description of the room states:
    It sounds like she may have gotten the one queen bed arrangement which is what they paid for.

When we stayed at Poly CL two years ago I did on-line check-in and experienced the same type of service from the concierge. They were pleasant but just handed us our things and sent us on our way.

I hope she can see through the rough start and enjoy the rest of her stay.
    They may be calling it a queen, but she sent me a picture and that is no queen bed. Though, pictures can be deceiving I suppose. I would have to be there to see. And there is no other furniture in the room that would qualify as a sleeper chair or day bed. Just the one bed.

She's a very optimistic woman. I've rarely heard her complain about a thing. She's always sunny and upbeat. So having this upset her made me upset on her behalf. But I know she will make the best of it, whatever happens. That's what she does. Thanks for the information, Lynn.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend going down to the front desk. Ask for a manager. Explain the unhappiness with the room. I doubt the entire resort is 100% occuoied. There are always rooms available for contingencies. They can be moved to a different room on another floor but still keep the CL access. It's worth a shot. The BC at one time DID have a few rooms with double beds. It was well known. They were supposed to have gotten rid of them during the last refurb but I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck them randomly into the smaller rooms at the BC (and yes, there are some smaller rooms at that resort. It is odd in that not all rooms are the same size.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Very Magical Update!

Natalie, that's exactly what I told her to do, go to the front desk and speak to a manager there. I told her to be sweet and patient (natural for her) and just explain why the room was less than magical for them and see if they had any options. I also recommended that she offer to pay for an upgrade to lagoon view if that's what they had available. She took my advice. And...

The manager was helpful, apologetic, and moved them right into a lagoon view room with a balcony and king bed at the Yacht Club, club level. View upgrade, no extra charge. She's over the moon. I'm so glad they worked with her to make sure she was happy. My sister and her new husband were not expecting something for nothing. They simply wanted what they requested and felt they paid for, and in the end, Disney went above and beyond. YAY!

Extra note: It's his first time at WDW and he was humoring her, not expecting to love it. He was less than impressed with the construction at the Poly. He really likes the atmosphere over on the Epcot side of things. I think he's more Epcot and she's more Seven Seas Lagoon. But the main thing is that she impresses him enough to return, because she's such a Disney lover. I think now she stands a chance.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. I will say I have found Disney quit willing to work with folks if things are not working out. We once booked a king bed room at Port Orleans French Quarter. Due to changes in our reservation - some of which were my fault for not checking more completely - our reservation was switched to a room with double rooms. They had no more king bed rooms available but did offer us a queen bed room at Coronado Springs - not as good as king but something I can manage with. Once we moved over to that resort, we had an excellent trip - better than we had expected.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Your poor sister, Sherri! I'm glad they worked it out! We stayed in the Club Level at the Beach Club two years ago, and though we really enjoyed our stay, we weren't overly impressed by the Club amenities there. Glad they were moved successfully!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad it worked out for her.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Great ending.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Glad they were able to get it worked out!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

While I don't necessarily think that the room issue was any if the resorts doing, the concierge definitely could have been more helpful with the ins and outs of the resort (especially at club level) and also could have directed them someplace else who might've been able to help with the room.

A concierge is a dying bread. They are, at this point, completely unnecessary and are only a luxury (especially at Disney with MDE). They should realize that and go above and beyond to give the illusion that they are useful or else they'll all be jobless in a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad it all turned out great for them. It sounds like their original room was smaller than the non club level rooms I've stayed in. I hope the rest of their trip is great/
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks goodness it all worked out!!! I hope that the rest of their honeymoon is perfect!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for them! And, I definitely expect more from concierge than just handing me a package, too.

Hope the rest of their honeymoon is magical!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all worked out! When you pay for club level, I would expect that Disney would do all that they can to make a stay magical at those prices. I've had nicer experiences at the values with long lines of people waiting to check in.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

They also asked the concierge, mid-vacation, if they could add Water Parks and More to their Magic Bands, and he told them they could not because they had a split stay. That sounded off to me. I told her to try the front desk, but they ended up heading to Guest Relations at Typhoon Lagoon and working it out there.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    They also asked the concierge, mid-vacation, if they could add Water Parks and More to their Magic Bands, and he told them they could not because they had a split stay. That sounded off to me. I told her to try the front desk, but they ended up heading to Guest Relations at Typhoon Lagoon and working it out there.
    Well I'd hope that one not-so-well-trained concierge wouldn't ruin their honeymoon...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Well I'd hope that one not-so-well-trained concierge wouldn't ruin their honeymoon...
    Absolutely not. They carried on anyway, as I said. Just expressing my surprise (not real surprise, I know it happens) that the CMs don't always know. I always expect the service to be there, even though I know it sometimes isn't. But it's never even close to a vacation killer.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: