Quantcast Your Stories: What to be aware of or things that can go wrong. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, almost every year we go to Disney, someone in my party is sick when we go or gets sick when we are there. For this reason, I try to make sure I pack various pain relievers/cold remedies (we go in the winter - sickness is usually respiratory). I also go out of my way to make sure to pack and use hand sanitizers for my whole party to reduce our risks.

One other thing comes to mind. When my son was almost 2 (my other son was 6), we got caught in the worst storm ever at Animal Kingdom. I would definitely recommend taking a stroller cover for an event such as this if you are going at a time when you think storms like this may happen (we went in November). It was an all day rain/storm and we were all soaked to the skin as well as our stroller - I think we ended up having to rent a stroller for at least the next day b/c the stroller was that wet.
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it all comes down to flexibility. Going into your vacation with an open mind can make or break how things go. Never expect a perfect trip because it will never happen and it is the imperfections that sometimes make the best memories. My last trip, i got VERY sick and ended up spending a few days at the hotel but I didnt let it get me too down. Instead i just tried to relax and got to know the resort. From now on I plan on being careful about what I eat at Disney World. I am going to try to not stray too far from my typical diet. No stuffing candy and turkey legs down my throat for a week because then bad things happen.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

There are no tragedies at Disney! Relax and enjoy!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    Toilet paper! Toilet paper! Toilet paper! Preferably Charmin. Disneys TP is very.... Villainous.
    HAHA! YESSS! DBF and I don't have kids, but we may embrace this tip too.

My suggestion. Some people mentioned dining reservations, which is fine, but if you make too many it can be hard to be flexible. In our experience, EPCOT, MK, and AK have always had a lot of good options. HS, however, was frustrating. We have found a lack of unique and delicious TS, CS, and snacks all around the World, but we've had a really hard time at HS. If we make ressies anywhere, its there.

ALSO, you may want to consider your little one's pallet. Do you need to bring snacks? Should you budget for his/her meals? Would he like the things on the kids menu?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: