Quantcast Friends "cheating" the system and "joining" us for vacation - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It was very rude of them to just announce they were joining your vacation, because that is basically what they are doing. My family would go about our days like they weren't even there. Every time they said something, we would say have fun and keep on walking..getting fp+ same time as you is ridiculous.. I would definitely try to change resorts.. I am so mad for you, just give us their phone number and we will take care of it for you...lol
    TRACEY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    It was very rude of them to just announce they were joining your vacation, because that is basically what they are doing. My family would go about our days like they weren't even there. Every time they said something, we would say have fun and keep on walking..getting fp+ same time as you is ridiculous.. I would definitely try to change resorts.. I am so mad for you, just give us their phone number and we will take care of it for you...lol
    Thanks. I appreciate that. Now they have gone ahead and added two more days so we now only have 3 days without them. I was finally smart to take them off MDE so they can't see my plans and reservations. My wife says it's my fault for telling them everything> I guess I am naive in thinking that just because I wouldn't infringe on someone's vacation doesn't mean others wouldn't. I haven't responded to any of their updates in terms of adding days, etc. Hopefully they get the message although that's unlikely. Here's another funny thing…the month before they are staying at Aulani for 10 days and stopping at DLR for 3 additional days. It must be nice.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmdds View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate that. Now they have gone ahead and added two more days so we now only have 3 days without them. I was finally smart to take them off MDE so they can't see my plans and reservations. My wife says it's my fault for telling them everything> I guess I am naive in thinking that just because I wouldn't infringe on someone's vacation doesn't mean others wouldn't. I haven't responded to any of their updates in terms of adding days, etc. Hopefully they get the message although that's unlikely. Here's another funny thing…the month before they are staying at Aulani for 10 days and stopping at DLR for 3 additional days. It must be nice.
    I don't think it is anyone's fault. It's common to talk about vacation plans especially with your friends. What's not common is for someone to stalk you on your vacation without an invitation. How do your wife and children feel about them invading your vacation?
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't thrilled. We won't mind seeing them a couple of times. It's the assumption that "hey, let's do EVERYTHING together". The booking of their FP's at the same time as ours was the kicker for me. We have resigned ourselves to make the best of it and not let it become a focus of our trip. We have every intention on sticking to our plans and not compromising them. As someone said earlier, we've invested a lot of time and money and more time in planning this trip. I am not about to let it be hijacked. I am still waiting for them to ask why they can't see our plans on MDE anymore.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck !
    You certainly are in a tough spot!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    I don't think it is anyone's fault. It's common to talk about vacation plans especially with your friends. What's not common is for someone to stalk you on your vacation without an invitation. How do your wife and children feel about them invading your vacation?
    Well said! I am so sorry OP.
    It is common courtesy to NOT do that. Or at least it should be :/

Shoot, I have friends who come here on vacations but I never invite myself. I always say "Hey if you have an extra hour let me know."
    Never would I just assume I could crash their vacation.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    If they don't have park hoppers- make sure you do, and change plans an hour into the day.
    OMG ~ I LOVE THAT!!!

I wish I would have known of that one a few trips ago.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like they got the message once I disabled their ability to see my plans on MDE. They decided NOT to book the two extra days. So as of now, we will be with them the first night we get there and we will be doing the Villains Party with them. I hope it stays that way. Hopefully they won't change THEIR plans on the fly while they are there to match up with ours. I'll keep you all informed as it develops.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmdds View Post
    Hopefully they won't change THEIR plans on the fly while they are there to match up with ours. I'll keep you all informed as it develops.
    Just remember what ever you do DON'T MENTION any of your other plans. Just spend the time you have with them and that's it.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in a similar situation I simply said. "We're going here at this time"... They were welcome to join or not. It didn't bother me. one way or another.

The most important thing to remember is NOT to compromise what you already have planned. Go with your flow. Don't be afraid to say "we'll catch you later".

It gives them plenty of time to figure out what THEY want to do too
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

How do you make friends on MDE ?

Post Thanks / Like

You labeled them as "Friends"If you were really their close friend this would no be an issue? If they are just casual see em one time a month type friends well; 1.) Disney is a big park easy to get lost in crowd. 2.) Always bad cell service VERY easy to miss calls. Honesty is always the best policy remember that.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: