Quantcast Is dining rushed or relaxed?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is dining rushed or relaxed?

In particular, table service restaurants where reservations are required or character dining experiences. My question is, do you have as much time as you need to relax and enjoy your food, or do they tend to try to rush you out to make sure they can fulfill as many reservations as possible?

I'm not saying I'd just sit at a buffet and eat all day, after all, I want to enjoy the parks, but I also don't want to feel like I have to eat as much as I can in 30 minutes or less and hurry on my way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only place I have ever felt rushed is at Cinderella's Royal Table. The character dining experience can get a little overwhelming if you are trying to get autographs and photo's, especially at buffet's. Only because you are trying to eat, get your food and do photo's & autographs.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

We've never felt rushed at all. That's why we love table service, to take a break from the rush.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

The only place I ever felt rushed were a few times at Ohanas. We eat there on every trip, and don't normally feel rushed so it seems as though those were isolated incidents. I did ask our servers (both times)if they could slow down, and made sure to let them know we were in no hurry and that seemed to help. Otherwise, we have had very relaxed TS meals.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually they do tend to try to get people in and out fairly quick, as you mentioned, they do have ADRs to fulfill.

If you want to take your time, that's OK but there is a pace they do like to go by. This is evident at character meals especially. You can see the wave of tables being filled, served, created, etc.

Part of the reason they don't allow choices between apps and desserts on the dining plan is allowing that would extend the turn around times on table without generating more income (people tend to share apps and desserts).

When I'm rushed at a meal, it's reflected in the tip...

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I felt rushed was at the Grand Floridian Cafe, and I think I hit them on a very bad night, where they were a bit understaffed due to a wedding party. I have had servers at several ts restaurants tell me that we could stay all night if we cared to. While food is brought quickly I don't think it is done in a rushed manner.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never felt rushed at all, at any WDW restaurant that I can recall now. There are times when I've wished my servers were in more of a rush.

And if you are feeling rushed, and you don't want to be rushed, simply tell your server that you plan to take your time and they usually take the hint. You should set your own pace when you're on vacation, within reason.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default somewhat rushed

To me, the times I most feel rush is if I order a starter and a main course. Usually, I am only part way through the starter when the main course arrives.

One possible solution to that is to order the starter and say you will order the main course later, when you are ready. I'd don't normally do that, but if you are afraid of being rushed, I would suggest doing that.

Of course, if you aren't ordering a starter, and only going for a main course with or without a dessert, then that isn't a concern.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never felt rushed at a meal but character meals can feel.hectic since you are constantly preparing to meet characters while.you eat. Depending on the restauraunt the character experience can feel a bit rushed but I've never felt rushed on the meal itself.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I've never felt rushed at a TS meal, whether in a park or at a resort, character meal or not.

I remember one meal at Cali Grill.... Our server was fantastic, and in NO hurry at all. It was our anniversary, and our meal lasted at least 3 hours! It was all because Ron (awesome server) wanted to make every moment special, and he sure did!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Add one more to the list of never feeling rushed. In fact, there are times when we've wanted to get out of there sooner, and wish that the server would bring us our check sooner. We've gone to WDW about 14 times now I think, and we've done at least one TS a day for every trip. For us, the dining is a HUGE part of the WDW experience. I can't even imagine going on just doing CS restuarants the entire time (or always eating off property).
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had one recent experience at being rushed and it was dinner at Be Our Guest. Now my mother is a slow eater, but they were bringing out our dinner while both Mom and I were finishing our soup (my sister had just finished). We asked if the meals could be kept back in the kitchen keeping warm while we finished our soup. The server said "no" and put the meals on the table! I was beyond annoyed .

Have not had that experience at any other restaurant and we typically take 1.5-2 hours for dinner.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We do a TS meal once a day while we are at WDW.

We have been to WDW 20+ times. We have NEVER felt rushed.

We totally look forward to dinner at the end of a very busy, fun filled day at the parks. It's something we look forward to as we sit back and go over all the fun things we did during the day
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I have had one recent experience at being rushed and it was dinner at Be Our Guest. Now my mother is a slow eater, but they were bringing out our dinner while both Mom and I were finishing our soup (my sister had just finished). We asked if the meals could be kept back in the kitchen keeping warm while we finished our soup. The server said "no" and put the meals on the table! I was beyond annoyed .

Have not had that experience at any other restaurant and we typically take 1.5-2 hours for dinner.
    $ 0.0
    </wormer>

Post Thanks / Like

Never felt like we've been rushed by CMs at TS meals. I think on our first trip with all of the character meals that I was rushing to the buffet (if it was such type)to get food for DD & myself so that I wouldn't miss any interaction, but that was on me, not the service. There have been times that we wished the CM would bring the check sooner so we could get on with our park touring!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never felt rushed at any TS and we've done the Regular dining plan on our last four trips so we had a TS every day. I actually wish some of them had been a little more rushed.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Add me as another one that has NEVER felt rushed. Like others, it is usually the opposite where I feel like table service takes too long! It's generally my nature to want to "Go, go, go!", but it is nice to sit and relax for a couple hours every night at dinner.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

Sam Eagle: "WILL YOU STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!"
    Gonzo: "What Foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

They usually move at a brisk pace but we've never been rushed at Disney. If your like us take your time enjoy your meal as well as an air conditioned break
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever recall being rushed. It has always been my experience that Disney restaurants are well-run and the servers/cast members well-trained. It's a big part of what keeps us coming back.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: