Quantcast Get Ready to Experience 'Frozen' Summer Fun- Live at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for Disney! I'm really glad they're offering more for Frozen fans. It would be fun to see the fireworks show.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    Let's put it this way:
    Remember at last year's Oscars, when they trotted out Bette Midler to sing "Wind Beneath My Wings", and everyone groaned, "Oh brother, who dusted that one out of mothballs?...I sat there thinking, 'oh no, they wouldn't', and they did! The whole freakin' THING!"?

...That was once a Disney song too. Maybe only from 25 years ago, but think ahead.
    (And also had a long history of, ahem, certain fans shoving it down our throats for overly personal reasons.)
    So I'm guessing it was a Touchstone picture, which let's face it, most people don't automatically associate with "Disney" even though it fell under the banner. It wasn't a "Walt Disney" production and I don't know one soul that thinks of "Wind Beneath My Wings" as a Disney song! Frozen has joined the animated film catalog and whether you like it or not (which you've made it clear you don't), the songs are here to stay. Don't like the song? Don't go to the shows.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Any guesses/rumors as to the size/length of the fireworks display? I mean it's Disney so I know we're going to get more than a guy behind the hat with a few bottle rockets, but is this going to be a Wishes level fireworks or what?
    I guess long enough for photos to be shown during the show too:

"Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!"
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Maybe, but I don't see a meet and greet in there, unless I missed it.. TDO add something WITHOUT a meet and greet? But I do see entertainment once again goes to those sickening dance parties... Don't anyone in Entertainment know how to do anything else???? I'm sure the 5 year old girls will eat it up though...
    The Dance Party can be great, depending on how they do it. If it's like DJ Lobot from Star Wars Weekends, I thought that was kind of lame. Maybe I was a little jaded after we were at DTD the night before, and there was a interactive dance party with a great MC/DJ (over by Earl of Sandwich). It was a TON of fun. Our teenagers did it for hours, and didn't want to leave...because it was interactive. The DJ had people do all kinds of funny, interesting things while he played all kinds of music. Everyone got involved. The DJ Lobot guy stood there, moved a little bit to the rhythm, and mised solid music for two hours. Yes, yes, I know....he's LOBOT, who cannot talk. But still. It felt like filler material while waiting for the fireworks. It wasn't fun. It was rather loud background noise.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

This is exciting for me! I was not going to see Anna and Elsa because baby bear is only 2 and I am not sure how she will take to characters yet. This is a way for her to see them, but not be pressured to interact with them. I cannot wait now!

'83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome news! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's only for the summer. I don't have a trip planned to WDW (going to DL instead), but if this Frozen theme became permanent, we'd definitely be making a trip(s).

And it would make sense to go permanent. I mean if AK can take Avatar, a good film with zero cult following, and turn it into an entire land, then Disney can easily take the biggest grossing animation film of all time and turn the Studios into Fro-Zone. I know there's a lot of angst on this (comparing it to IASW and all). It seems there's some folks who are just too "grown up" to enjoy what really is a great phenomenon. This is the greatest "kid" thing to come along since Nemo. Yes, I know, a bunch of people hate Nemo being all over Disney too. But here's a news flash: Disney is for kids - young and old. So if you want to be that grumpy old dude that won't let anyone walk on your lawn, you might want to hit Cabo instead of Disney.

I've vowed to never return to WDW in the summer, so we definitely won't experience all this cool stuff right now. But if they make this long-term, I may be rethinking my DL trip this winter.

Long Live Fro-Zone!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    (It was from "Beaches", and Barbara Hershey's character only had a heart disease, not AIDS.)
    I am quite familiar with Beaches and the song, just never thought of it as a "Disney" song.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The public didnt like the movie because of the movie...uh, then please enlighten us, why did Frozen go on to gross more money than any other animated movie in history?

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back on point, Disney announced a paid "VIP" Premium Package for this event. Here are the details…
    "Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. "

"Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). "

This won't be something we would choose to pay for, but I have no doubt this will be VERY popular.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmdds View Post

"Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). "

This won't be something we would choose to pay for, but I have no doubt this will be VERY popular.
    Surprise, surprise. I figured something like this was in the works, especially since none of these experiences are FP+ eligible.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Does disney charging extra for this enrage anyone else? I am already paying over 300 per night for my hotel and park entry and still they want to charge me more. Enough.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

So it's open to all and charge only for spacial seating?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Does disney charging extra for this enrage anyone else? I am already paying over 300 per night for my hotel and park entry and still they want to charge me more. Enough.
    It doesn't bother me. I enjoyed the Illuminations Dessert party. Everyone stayed at their tables, even though they were spread out. No one rushing the front when the show started. I have gotten to the point I hate parades and fireworks at WDW because so many people shove in last minute. I need a little elbow room and if I have to pay for it, I will. Plus the desserts were very tasty!

That is why we stay at value resorts. The money we save on lodging pays for our signature dining and special events.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

So it's open to all and charge only for spacial seating?
    Yes.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Get used to it... Welcome to the new Walt Disney World... Look for more stuff liek this, as well as more hard ticket events in the future... Got to make the NextGen mess look good on the books somehow...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

EricJ the things you listed to me sound like plot, character development, comedy, heart, and yes, great music. But if you don't think Beauty and the Beast is a great movie then that tells me all I need to know about your movie critic ability.

I'm wishing this event get extended past the summer. I'll be back in the fall but I am a firework fanatic and am most excited about this new firework show.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered six tickets for the Frozen Premium Package on July 15. Our party is four adults with two boys, 2 and 4 year old. Can't wait. "Chocolate"
    6/88 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/91 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/94 FW
    7/00 ASM
    7/01 BC & Disney Magic
    7/04 CBR
    Xmas 04 CBR
    Xmas 06 SSR
    6/08 POFQ
    10/08 POFQ
    7/11 POFQ
    10/11 POP & POR
    7/14 POR
    7/15 POR
    11/17 POR
    9/2020 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Olsen View Post
    Just ordered six tickets for the Frozen Premium Package on July 15. Our party is four adults with two boys, 2 and 4 year old. Can't wait. "Chocolate"

ohhhh!!Didn't think of that! chocolate indeed! Can't wait to hear about your experience.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

MODERATOR WARNING!

I have to say that I'm flat out amazed at the posts I had to remove from this thread. Disgraceful that some people could turn a thread about a new event in a Disney theme park into something so counter to what INTERCOT is all about.

I strongly suggest some of you go back and read our Terms of Service and decide if INTERCOT is the right board for you. If you're thing is to be a troll you should move on.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Reminder - INTERCOT will be attending the kickoff for this event tomorrow Saturday July 5! Be sure to watch along LIVE via our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook links, found right on the home page.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero