Quantcast Get Ready to Experience 'Frozen' Summer Fun- Live at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess this can go here... DHS will be selling Frozen themed Magic Bands, starting at $19.95 a band... Not sure if they will be sold elsewhere on property, just know DHS... Figured it was in conjunction with the summer addition...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I guess this can go here... DHS will be selling Frozen themed Magic Bands, starting at $19.95 a band... Not sure if they will be sold elsewhere on property, just know DHS... Figured it was in conjunction with the summer addition...
    My goodness. I need another magic band about as much as I need a whole in the head. I have drawers full of the things! Wonder what they're thinking??
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    My goodness. I need another magic band about as much as I need a whole in the head. I have drawers full of the things! Wonder what they're thinking??
    Well, selling Frozen themed magic bands, they are thinking: CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING...

They did the same thing with Star Wars.. Sold Star Wars themed magic bands, I believe, as a limited edition, but they didn't sell well at all...

On a related note, my understanding is, the line for merchandise today, from opening, has not dropped down below 60 minutes...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I always remember to call ahead and tell them I already have a Magic Band. Always wondered if they have a recycling program for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    I always remember to call ahead and tell them I already have a Magic Band. Always wondered if they have a recycling program for them.
    They should have a recycling program for them... So silly to get new bands every time you book a stay/trip... and then to sell them as well? How many do they think people need/want? LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Reported: merchandise lines reached 2 hours or more... For the sing-a-long, tickets were being handed out on a first come first serve basis...

From all reports, today was a madhouse...

Disney, I know you read these boards... Please, rethink putting Frozen into Maelstrom.. it is way too small to handle the crowds an attraction would bring... It is too small and too short to do Frozen any justice... You have an IP which is crazy popular... Do it right or don't do it at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone following along live with us? It's almost fireworks time!

My personal rundown:

The "parade" was lackluster. Heard guests grumbling "that's it!? I waited an hour for that?!"

Singalong show was adorable.

The line to get in to ice skate took an hour +, but the skating show was neat and my DD14 & BFF enjoyed SKATING- injury free.

"Flat Stanley" Olaf is fun to play around the park. Curious to see how they use it tonight.

Frozen hysteria is at it's zenith here. Guests getting pretty competitive to see everything first, best, now! This makes Star Wars weekend look like a breeze!

I've been pretty clear I'm not a frozen fan. But I'm glad it makes others happy. so I hope y'all have enjoyed following along.
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere it wasn't even a new float... it was a float being reused from MVMCP...

Elsewhere, other Disney fans who went today said it was the cheapest thing they have seen and WDW should be ashamed...

Was it really that cheap looking and did the whole event give it a cheap feel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I read somewhere it wasn't even a new float... it was a float being reused from MVMCP...

Elsewhere, other Disney fans who went today said it was the cheapest thing they have seen and WDW should be ashamed...

Was it really that cheap looking and did the whole event give it a cheap feel?

I think there was some good stuff there today. But not in the parade. I snarkily commented on one of my pics of the ice skaters "once upon a Christmastime in Christmas" bc I felt I was at mvmcp.

The singalong show was well done. Very entertaining.

The fireworks show was ok- choppy between live characters and fireworks- if you're in the back it's hard to tell where you're supposed to look. Tonight was a bad night for fireworks- very rainy and humid so smoke just hung in the air.

The ice skating area and show by the "cousins" is nice.

I dunno- if you like the caliber of Star Wars weekend, you'll probably like Frozen summer fun.

Again, the movie is lost on me, but I truly enjoyed hearing young and old belt out their favorite songs and smile.

I will also say this- I won't likely be popping into Hollywood Studios again until after Sept 1 - it's just nuts!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes. Were they not anticipating the crowd level? They will figure that out soon enough-Disney can move people. And 2 hour lines for merchandise? The execs were doing back flips when they heard that!

I'm hoping they figure out a nice, well done way to bring Frozen into the parks permanently.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! Was looking forward to it.

I wasn't expecting much from the first activity. It isn't being called a parade- just a processional, right? Just a way to get the characters from one end of the park to the other. And no surprise they used old floats. Seems like they are always doing that.

So - do you think the extra ticket they are selling would be a good idea? I really want to go to the sing- a-long and fireworks. Especially the fireworks

One thing encouraging if the studios is crowded - at least I can get in some attractions without a long wait if people are waiting hours for merchandise.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Again, the movie is lost on me, but I truly enjoyed hearing young and old belt out their favorite songs and smile.
    Thanks for the reporting...

In the end, this is all that will matter to people... Parents get their thrill knowing their children were very happy...

The bad thing is, this just proves to TDO slap anything together, no matter how cheap or less detailed it is, and they still come... No incentive to actually be the Disney of old anymore...

Oh well... It is only a summer thing (for now), so really no need to be that well done... It will serve its purpose... I just hope the execs see just how crazy people are for this IP (and I don't get why), and rethink putting it in Maelstrom... It won't work...

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched some video from this...talk about milking the cow for all that you can get out if it!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame that the parade doesn't live up to expectations, but I don't think it should be surprising that they're using existing floats. It makes sense to use what they have for this event, since they quickly put it together to fill a demand. It sounds like people are enjoying it and I'm glad Disney came up with something for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    It's a shame that the parade doesn't live up to expectations, but I don't think it should be surprising that they're using existing floats. It makes sense to use what they have for this event, since they quickly put it together to fill a demand. It sounds like people are enjoying it and I'm glad Disney came up with something for it.
    I've agreed with everything you said. And am happy for the added Frozen immersion.
    Disney is a business too, and they...make money. Good for them. And they can have my money because we love Frozen and Disney.

I'd say if one hates it that much, then move on. Avoid threads on it, and all that fun stuff.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Frozen

As you can read on the News Page, just extended through September 28th. This will now cover our dates. Looking forward to Fireworks!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: