Quantcast How bad is Poly right now?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How bad is Poly right now?

I've been trying to keep up with all of the Poly updates on various sites. We are heading that way in less than a week. I am expecting a lot of construction, but hoping that we are assigned to a longhouse away from the construction area. Has anyone been there in the last week or so? The main reason we've chosen to stay during construction is that we got a great rate, the pool is still open, and because of the July Fourth holiday. It is a birthday surprise trip for my DS, and I wanted to avoid the BTG at the moderates and values when we used the pool and CS restaurant. We also wanted to watch the fireworks from the beach to avoid some of the holiday crowds. This isn't our first stay at Poly, so I'm not going to be too disappointed in the lobby being under construction or Captain Cooks being relocated. I think that knowing what is actually happening at the resort will prepare me for what to expect. I'm expecting it to be bad, and hoping that I am pleasantly surprised.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading an update on a blog. Construction walls are up and prevalent in the GCH but Tambu Lounge and 'Ohana and Kona are all open. Looks like the view is not so great from Kona right now. The pool is open until July 26th but I'm not sure about the fireworks view from the beach. Those cabins take up a lot more waterfront than I thought they would and I'm not sure the view from the beach will ever be a really big draw again. But maybe it just looks bad in pictures. I'm hoping.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly

We visited there for a meal at Ohana recently and while there was not such a wide area to watch the fireworks from it was still possible. It was quite crowded because the film was showing at the same time but there was still viewing room. It was a little chaotic in the foyer area because of the boarding but it certainly did not spoil things for us.
    1999 All Stars Mo
    2002 AKL
    2005 CB
    2007 BC (Joined DVC, home resort AKL Jambo)
    2008 AKL & BC
    2009 AKL & SS
    2010 AKL & BC
    2012 AKL & BW
    2014 AKL, VB, & AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: