Quantcast Does Vinylmation Trading still exist in the Parks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    There are some websites just for trading. Never played around with them so not sure how they work. I think they work off of trust. But itd be cool to get a pin/vinyl trading section going on in here. Im sure people come home with trades they didnt want and ran out of time to try their luck one last time. Be cool if there was a way to connect. You may think you have a bum trade but theres always someone out there needing what you dont want.
    The problem ive noticed with sites that trade pins and vinyls is that there is no accountability with the site. ive seen people accuse others who trade fakes or scrappers but since proof is not readily given the one accused is never asked to leave. or in some cases if they are they can easily come back in as a new user and start the problem all over again. The other part is trust. Its hard to tell if a name on the screen will be forthcoming about the condition of the peice and photos can be deceiving. also its hard to tell if they are being honest about sending it the same time you are... I wish the disney stores would offer a trading event but since they only sell vinyls and not pins i suspect it wont happen
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    The problem ive noticed with sites that trade pins and vinyls is that there is no accountability with the site. ive seen people accuse others who trade fakes or scrappers but since proof is not readily given the one accused is never asked to leave. or in some cases if they are they can easily come back in as a new user and start the problem all over again.
    Fakes/Scrapers are a huge problem with the Pins, but honestly, the park is full of them. And yes there are many people who know they have scrappers, however there are many more that are getting them in trade from CM's in the park and have no idea...
    Scrappers are also a problem with the vinyl's, but it doesn't seem as prevalent/wide spread or maybe it is just harder to identify them...But the bottom line is whether you are trading on line or in the parks, you are still at risk of getting scrappers. Both Pins and Vinyls. And the saddest part of the whole "scrapper" scenario is that Disney could easily stop these from coming to market, but they don't. They don't make the factories destroy the molds on LE's nor do they ask them to destroy the molds once the run is complete.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I found out that two sellers that I purchased from are scrap sellers from China. I'm so mad at myself. I haven't received them yet but will seek a refund if they are in fact scrappers. I will toss them once I get them. Getting them out of circulation is the only way to help curb it. There is a vinylmation website with a whole list of eBay scrapper sellers. Unfortunately I didn't find it until after the fact. It is a rather large problem from what I've read. The main sources are China with some from Australia and even some US sellers passing off the scrappers THEY received. I've tried to use eBay as a starting point to build my collection. The majority of sellers have been great. Now I know what to look for though.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC