Quantcast HHN 24 Reveals - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HHN 24 Reveals

Post Thanks / Like

Street experiences:

To learn more about our original street experiences, I sat down with HHN Show Director Lora Wallace.

Meet Lora:

First, Lora tell me about what you do here at Universal.

I am a show director for entertainment creative development. The fun part of my job is that I am never working on one thing at a time. I get to do tons and tons of projects at once—right now I’m working on HHN streets and several other projects outside of Halloween. It’s so fun!

How did you get into scaring people?
    I have been a show director since 2000. When they brought me on, I was the one who held purses for Halloween haunted houses. I don’t like horror movies because I get scared. I get scared so easily! When they asked me work on Halloween, I said, “Why? This is crazy! I don’t do this right?” And they said that is exactly why…because you get scared and you know what scares you.

Original Street Experience – MASKerade; Unstitched

Again with the ripping of the flesh. You’re really out to cause some pain this year, aren’t you?

The whole concept is that these people are trapped in an old time period—their skin is falling off, they have stitched their skin back to their faces, but much of it is still peeling off. What I love about the concept is that it is like you’re entering this really surreal dance, but it is very terrifying at the same time.

There is wax holding their skin on, some are sewing their skin back on but they are doing it very poorly, and there are some whose skin is still detached.

Another period piece. I love it. It sounds like the street itself will be pretty grand. What will we be feeling when we walk through this area?

It is grand in scale—there are elements above your head while this off-putting yet harsh waltz music plays. Everyone is moving in a really surreal and creepy dance. There is beauty along with the disgust.

Original Street Experience – Bayou of Blood
    Bayou of Blood, that’s got a nice ring to it. Rumor is there’s a high priestess here working some bad mojo. What should we know about her evil voodoo rituals?

Our high priestess is crazy-evil and in a trance, doing numerous spells and sacrifices to get the ultimate power in her. Because she has made these sacrifices, many other voodoo practitioners in the area have come and they are squatting outside of her shack. They feel if they make sacrifices to her, they will get some of that power when she makes the ultimate sacrifice.

Ok, so a lot of sacrificing going on here. What’s the one detail of this street experience that’s really hair-raising?

You’re going to see her sacrifice someone right in front of you…you will see every gory detail of this ultimate sacrifice. But that’s not the end—once you get past the sacrifice and the high priestess’ shack, you enter into the area inhabited by the voodoo squatters…and they are all looking for something or someone to sacrifice.

So, there you have it, folks: the low down on all the original, horrible houses and scare zones you’ll find only at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for September to get here.
    To stay up to date and get some special offers for Halloween Horror Nights, make sure to sign up for email notifications.
    For more info about Halloween Horror Nights—including all the scare zones and houses we have already revealed, head on over here.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

HHN 24 line up so far:

Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn
    3) Alien vs. Predator
    4) Dollhouse of the Damned (original content)
    5) Giggles and Gore Inc. (original content)
    6) Roanoke - Cannibal Colony (original content)

Scare Zones
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

2) The Purge: Anarchy

Street Experiences:
    1) MASKerade; Unstitched (original content)
    2) Bayou of Blood (original content)

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    HHN 24 line up so far:

Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn
    3) Alien vs. Predator

Scare Zones
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

Street Experiences:
    They sound like fun but I don't think we are going this year.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

These all sound awesome! I'm looking forward to another year of Universal upping the ante.

I also love that they are seemingly loosely following the theme of urban legends/American legends with Roanoke. This story always seems so intriguing and spooky to me when I was in school. Granted, they're taking some liberties but the cannibal theory does make the rounds for these settlers that disappeared into thin air. I'm wondering if they'll do lots of "Croatan" etched in a lot of the trees...

Can't wait to see what's next!

Also, can't wait to see what they'll offer for Behind the Screams tours in the day time!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn
    3) Alien vs. Predator

Scare Zones
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

Street Experiences:
    Halloween it is! There are pics going up of the white house from the movie online. It seems to be adjacent to one of the semi-perm tents. There's also a photo on Screamscape of a local store who received promotional materials with Halloween listed as a house. When factoring in the Dracula house, Halloween makes #8.

However, a good amount is not yet on the Universal Orlando HHN site, so I'm dying for an update, hopefully with Legendary Truth goodies.. This may just be the complete list when you factor in Bill & Ted! Am I missing another show? Not sure if Rocky Horror will be back once again.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Also, am I totally forgetting or is this the first year they're delineating a difference between Scare Zones and Street Experiences?

I'm thinking that the Street Experience is like Hershel's Barn afire last year. And well, Scare Zones are Scare Zones. Does this sound correct?

I'm wondering if we might see one more Scare Zone pop up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    Halloween it is! There are pics going up of the white house from the movie online. It seems to be adjacent to one of the semi-perm tents. There's also a photo on Screamscape of a local store who received promotional materials with Halloween listed as a house. When factoring in the Dracula house, Halloween makes #8.

However, a good amount is not yet on the Universal Orlando HHN site, so I'm dying for an update, hopefully with Legendary Truth goodies.. This may just be the complete list when you factor in Bill & Ted! Am I missing another show? Not sure if Rocky Horror will be back once again.
    They haven't announced Halloween house yet, have they? I know it has been rumored... And apparently, pictures show the building of the facade...

As for Rocky Horror, people seem to think Universal is bringing it back this year...

Also, am I totally forgetting or is this the first year they're delineating a difference between Scare Zones and Street Experiences?

I'm thinking that the Street Experience is like Hershel's Barn afire last year. And well, Scare Zones are Scare Zones. Does this sound correct?

I'm wondering if we might see one more Scare Zone pop up.
    I'm a little thrown off by this too... Almost seems like they are moving away from the Scare Zone name and calling them all Street Experiences... But I don't know...

Post Thanks / Like

Nope! Not announced yet, but Google search images have turned up some promotional materials from Universal with the other houses listed along with Halloween. Someone also sent a pic into the Screamscape site from their store which received one. Plus there was that Tweet a while back that was quickly removed by Universal #MichaelMeyers; #Halloween.

Seems like it's a done deal when coupled with the Tweet and photos of constructions, but definitely not official at this point.

I think your original rumor post was right on target with a Halloween house, DisneyFreak2002!

Glad I'm not the only one kinda surprised/a bit confused about this new approach with Street Experiences. We'll see if anything is very different this year truly setting them apart from the Scare Zones!

Also, no word on the chain saw brigade, yet, huh? Wonder if they'll be back in some form. Great for people watching

Post Thanks / Like

It's official now:

Halloween Coming to Halloween Horror Nights 24

As I’m writing this, I’ve got the Halloween score blaring through my headphones.

There are pieces of music that have been created for films that immediately place you not only back into the scenes featured within those celluloid masterpieces, but also back to the time and place you saw that film. Back to the Future does it for me. E.T. too. And the themes from Halloween do it every time!

I was 13 when I first rented it (ah, VHS). I knew nothing about the film except that it was a slasher. I had already viewed Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street (yes, my parents were pretty cool). But for some reason that I can’t explain, Halloween had escaped the view of my eager, horror-obsessed eyeballs.

I remember making some popcorn, going into my room, popping the tape in, flicking on the small TV above my desk, and sitting down to take it all in.

The glow of that pumpkin during the title credit sequence filled my room; the theme immediately injected me with anticipation. It drew me in completely. It captured me. Then it terrified me with its simplicity as every Myers sighting or jump scare carried with it those jabbing chords.

What I loved most about it, then and still to this day, is that simplicity. It made the most of what it had and fully capitalized on it. A simple story, but one carried by characters you could easily attach and relate to. A setting that could be anyone’s neighborhood growing up. A killer you barely saw, but when you did, his visage quite literally burned into your view.

“The Shape” he was called, and there is simply no better way to describe Michael Myers. The film perfectly established its number one rule: he could be anywhere. He could be any shadow. Behind any door. In any closet.

And the best part? When it’s all said and done and [spoiler alert!] you watched Loomis defeat this pure evil…He’s gone! Vanished right into thin air. Then, perhaps the most brilliant moment in the film – the theme reprises and we cut to various shots of the neighborhood—empty, but not. He’s out there…waiting…watching…End credits.

I lost it!!! I couldn’t help but check my closet and peek out my window looking for him. He could be out there, I thought. It was the first time a horror film truly made me more afraid after I watched it. John Carpenter’s Halloween is easily my favorite horror film of all time. I even have Michael Myers sneakers, for pete’s sake!

As you can imagine by now, I am thrilled to tell you that we’re bringing this movie to life as a haunted attraction at Halloween Horror Nights 24.

“The Shape” will be lurking around every corner in the Halloween house. The theme music will be blaring through every inch of Haddonfield, Illinois. And you’ll now be able to witness, in real life, “The night He came home”.

You can grab your tickets now to step into Michael Myer’s twisted world come September 19. And don’t forget to sign up for Halloween Horror Nights emails to get all the latest info and deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of Halloween is the final announcement or not... But as of now, HHN 24 line up so far:

Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn
    3) Alien vs. Predator
    7) Halloween
    8) Dracula, the Untold Story

Scare Zones/Street Experiences
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

3) MASKerade; Unstitched (original content)
    4) Bayou of Blood (original content)

Post Thanks / Like

Just for fun, let's look at the rumors posted on the first page, and compare them to what has been announced...

RUMORED: Evac – SS24
    Not just for Transformers anymore. This code name is rumored to be an Alien vs Predator themed maze. Take with a grain of salt.

ANNOUNCED: Alien vs Predator house... SPOT ON!!!

RUMORED: TWD – SS25
    The Walking Dead, no real need for a code name when you announce the house in June. Largest HHN house to date.

ANNOUNCED: Not really a rumor, first announcement...

RUMORED: Charlie – Tent 1
    Living dolls roam this house.

ANNOUNCED: Dollhouse of the Damned... SPOT ON...

RUMORED: Halloween – Tent 2
    Universal Hollywood has done this before and I know Orlando has been itching to tackle the project. Michael Myers in Orlando!

ANNOUNCED: Halloween and Michael Myers coming to HHN 24... SPOT ON...

RUMORED: Crows – Parade Building
    This haunted house ventures into a reverse thanksgiving scenario. Thankskilling rather

ANNOUNCED: Could this be the

Roanoke - Cannibal Colony house? From Dusk to Dawn?

RUMORED: Ritual – SS22
    Nothing screams Legendary Truth like a ritual gone bad. Bad things happened here, something awful lives under the bed.

ANNOUNCED: Again, possible

Roanoke - Cannibal Colony or Dusk to Dawn?

RUMORED: Synergy – SS24
    Dracula’s untold story in the form of a haunted maze. This could be good.

ANNOUNCED: Dracula, the Untold Story... BINGO!

RUMORED: Smile – Disaster Queue
    Clowns aren’t born, they’re made. Expect to see a Jack cameo in this house.

ANNOUNCED: Giggles and Gore Inc once again, BINGO...

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was thinking last evening - the rumors you originally posted are almost 100% correct right down the details! Good job!

I wonder if Universal will be sneakier next year

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was thinking last evening - the rumors you originally posted are almost 100% correct right down the details! Good job!

I wonder if Universal will be sneakier next year
    To be fair, they weren't my rumors.... They came from HHNRumors.com

Credit given to them in the first post detailing the rumors...

Post Thanks / Like

True, true - I do remember you mentioning that. But, regardless, thanks for posting them here!

I used to follow the HHN Vault, but when it shut down, I haven't been as good about following the other HHN fan sites.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: