Quantcast HHN 24 Reveals

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHN 24 Reveals

Post Thanks / Like

Default HHN 24 Reveals

Going to use this thread to reveal the houses and all other Halloween horror Nights announcements and reveals...

We had our first one this morning... Returning in the form of a mega haunted house this year is The Walking Dead...

The Waking Dead house will put guests right in the middle of the Season 4 plot, the journey to Terminus... Guests will be sent through the West Georgia Correctional Facility and into the unknown as you encounter zombie after zombie as well as other humans looking to survive by any means necessary...

The Walking Dead will be limited to just the house this year and will not be featured throughout the park as it was last year.. But the house will be the largest house ever for HHN...

Remember, the event nights are as follows:
    • September 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 and 28
    • October 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30 and 31
    • November 1

Ticket packages and more information about the event will be released soon. Visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com for updates on Halloween Horror Nights 24.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

SO EXCITED for the Walking Dead Mega House. For one, I have always wished they would do a mega house. The first time I went to HHN back in 2005, the houses seemed really long but I think that was because it was all so new to me. For returners, a longer house may help recapture some of their old experiences. Second, I love the Walking Dead and can't wait to see what they do with the season 4 material. I hope that they have the funeral home with morgue (where Beth disappeared).

Heard this morning that Universal filed 2 permits for 2 of the houses - codenamed Evac and Synergy. No clue what this means yet, but maybe we'll get some clues like we did last year!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    SO EXCITED for the Walking Dead Mega House. For one, I have always wished they would do a mega house. The first time I went to HHN back in 2005, the houses seemed really long but I think that was because it was all so new to me. For returners, a longer house may help recapture some of their old experiences. Second, I love the Walking Dead and can't wait to see what they do with the season 4 material. I hope that they have the funeral home with morgue (where Beth disappeared).

Heard this morning that Universal filed 2 permits for 2 of the houses - codenamed Evac and Synergy. No clue what this means yet, but maybe we'll get some clues like we did last year!
    RUMORS:
    Evac – SS24
    Not just for Transformers anymore. This code name is rumored to be an Alien vs Predator themed maze. Take with a grain of salt.

TWD – SS25
    The Walking Dead, no real need for a code name when you announce the house in June. Largest HHN house to date.

Charlie – Tent 1
    Living dolls roam this house.

Halloween – Tent 2
    Universal Hollywood has done this before and I know Orlando has been itching to tackle the project. Michael Myers in Orlando!

Crows – Parade Building
    This haunted house ventures into a reverse thanksgiving scenario. Thankskilling rather
    Ritual – SS22
    Nothing screams Legendary Truth like a ritual gone bad. Bad things happened here, something awful lives under the bed.

Synergy – SS24
    Dracula’s untold story in the form of a haunted maze. This could be good.

Smile – Disaster Queue
    Clowns aren’t born, they’re made. Expect to see a Jack cameo in this house.
    Credit to HHNRumors for this list...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds very promising!

I wonder if Crows along the lines of the old tradition of having one house that was sort of darkly funny and a bit less intense - think Psychoscarapy - Home for the Holidays or Leave it to Cleaver.

I wonder what the theme will be this year? Or maybe no theme at all?

I'm sure some things will change, and I'm still hoping for an American Horror Story House that will never happen
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Universal revealed another maze today... This one was not on the rumor list...

Coming to Universal Orlando for this year's HHN will be FROM DUCK TIL DAWN...

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely reminiscent of the Cantina house a few years ago. In fact, that house reminded us of Dusk Till Dawn when he went through it! But, it sounds like DTD house will start out similarly but end VERY differently. Excited to see this one brought about - fantastic movie!

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely reminiscent of the Cantina house a few years ago. In fact, that house reminded us of Dusk Till Dawn when he went through it! But, it sounds like DTD house will start out similarly but end VERY differently. Excited to see this one brought about - fantastic movie!
    Yes, good movie... But the house will be based on the new TV series...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot that was being turned into a TV show! I don't get El Rey, but I think it's available on Netflix - might be worth a watch if it's half as good as Orange is the New Black and what I've heard about House of Cards!

Might be worth a watch before our trip and on the plane! Besides, we need something to fill the "horror" genre until Walking Dead and American Horror Story comes back.

I wonder if American Horror Story has a shot at a house. I've heard rumors before, but nothing remotely substantiated or reliable.

The upcoming season is going to take place at a freak show in the 1950s (I believe). Universal has PLENTY of props for that.

I would have loved to see them create the house from this past season's "Coven" the main house is very white, grand and New Orleans. There's also a lot of potential for some scenes in an attic setting. That season was so stylized it would be visually striking if done right in a sound stage. It would be the kind of house that looked beautiful as if everything is normal and fine, but would end up terrifying - a bit of a different approach! Either would make a very interesting house, but not so sure about Universal's ties with FX.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I get El Rey either... Just looked on Netflix... They don't have the stream for the series, maybe the series didn't start yet on El Rey? But they do have all 3 From Dusk Til Dawn movies for streaming... Yes, I know what my weekend movie watching will consist of...

As for more reveals, Universal just announced one of their scare zones for both Hollywood and Orlando... Coming to HHN 24 this year will be SyFy's FaceOff... Here is the press release on the Universal blog:

That’s right, fans—in just about nine weeks, Halloween Horror Nights will be back taking over the streets of Universal Studios Florida. And, tonight, as another sneak-peek at Halloween Horror Nights 24, we are revealing the first scare zone.

For six seasons now, you’ve seen the most talented up-and-coming makeup artists create gruesome and fantastical characters on Syfy’s hit television series Face Off. And now the most nightmarish creatures they have created will surround you in this year’s Face Off Scare Zone.

This new scare zone will feature ten different character creations inspired by the Syfy hit show, including a look designed by Season 5 Face Off winner, and Universal Orlando make-up artist, Laura Tyler.

The horrifying characters will inhabit five immersive areas within the scare zone, from eerie scarecrows that go to great lengths to protect a spine-chilling farmland to ghoulish brutes that haunt dilapidated castle ruins.

Not only will the scare zone showcase creations from past seasons, the winning look from Season 7, which premieres on Syfy on July 22, will be featured.

So, to recap we have two mazes and one scare zone announced..

Mazes:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn

Scare Zone
    1)SyFy's FaceOff

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh that's very cool - definitely a new approach for the scare zone! I've seen that show a couple of times and they do really great work. It will be interesting to see how this translates...

Seems like TV shows are the theme this year so far...

Post Thanks / Like

Just announced:

The Purge: Anarchy will be a ScareZone this year for HHN 24...

from the Universal Orlando blog:

Prepare Yourself: The Purge is Coming to Halloween Horror Nights 24

Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours…

Hearing the sirens and that broadcast just sends chills down my spine.

Hi, HHN fans. I’m Lora Wallace, and I’m the Show Director for the street experiences at Halloween Horror Nights. I’m excited to reveal to you our second street experience that will be taking over part of Universal Studios. Prepare yourself as The Purge: Anarchy descends upon Halloween Horror Nights 24 in a new, terrifying scare-zone.

We were intrigued by the idea of bringing The Purge to our event when we heard about the new film. When we received the script for The Purge: Anarchy, we were immediately sold on the idea. In the film, citizens are acting on their annual right to “Purge” and turning their city into a place of complete chaos and destruction. We instantly knew that our New York backlot provided the architecture and expansive nature needed to make this a reality.

We’re actually going to be bringing a combination of both the first movie and the new movie to life in this scare-zone, so you’ll be met face-to-face with the iconic masked characters from both films. You’ll find yourself in the middle of the turmoil and chaos of The Purge taking place.

Everyday citizens will be transformed into violent psychopaths, chainsaw wielding paramilitary men and an elegant women ready to auction off the unsuspecting during this period of government-sanctioned lawlessness. But be careful… for you might find yourself becoming the target of those looking to Purge.

Now, prepare yourself for The Purge and Halloween Horror Nights 24 by seeing The Purge: Anarchy, now in theaters.
    Sounds pretty intense!!!

HHN 24 line up so far:

Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn

Scare Zones
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

2) The Purge: Anarchy

Post Thanks / Like

The Purge should be interesting! I think the New York area will work perfectly for this.

Did anyone catch @HalloweenMovies' tweet that said "This #Halloween #Michael Myers returns HHN... We're giving away free tickets to the event! Stay Tuned for details!" with a Universal promo picture with HHN logo listing Universal Orlando a photo of Michael Myers himself.

It seems like someone screwed up as it was VERY quickly deleted but screen shots continued to pop up around the web and it had already been retweeted.

I'm going to venture this will be the next house reveal!

I'm seeing a movie/TV show theme here...I wonder if the Usher will be making his return as an icon?

Post Thanks / Like

Day late, sorry!!!

Revealed: Alien vs. Predator house...

AVP: Alien vs. Predator – The Battle Rages at Halloween Horror Nights 24

Some people are afraid of clowns, spiders, the zombie apocalypse… you know, normal fears. Me? I’m terrified of the face-hugging, chest-exploding, two-mouthed, wanting-to-kill-you-or-worse-impregnate-you Alien creatures from the Alien movies.

I swore if an Alien house ever came to Halloween Horror Nights, I would never go through it. But having learned of some of the details, I find myself surprisingly excited for the “AVP: Alien vs. Predator” house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 24 (I’ll just be rooting for the Predators the entire time).

In collaboration with 20th Century Fox, Universal Orlando’s entertainment team has taken this house to the next level with elaborate costumes and amazingly detailed sets for each scene in the house.

It promises to be action packed with a slew of horrifying moments that are iconic to the Alien vs. Predator films. You won’t know where the next scare will happen, and you won’t know from whom… or what!

You will find yourself caught in the middle of the epic battle between the Aliens and Predators as you visit one of Weyland-Yutani’s secret facilities to assist with a critical situation. This Central American bio-weapons research facility houses several divisions that deal in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically the Alien xenomorph species. Recently received surveillance shows the facility has been compromised by the Yautja—commonly known as Predators—who are relentlessly hunting the Aliens AND any thing in their path.

Navigate the egg nursery where facehuggers may hatch at any moment. Witness the brutality of a Predator as it rips the spine from its victim. Discover a room of lifeless bodies with their chests ripped open indicating signs of recent Alien births. Feel the fear of fully-grown Aliens lurking in dark crevasses waiting to lunge at you when you least expect it. And try to keep an eye out for camouflaged Predators who may have made YOU their next target. Enter the raging battle, but remember… whoever wins, we lose.
    HHN 24 line up so far:

Mazes/Houses:
    1) Walking Dead
    2) From Dusk Til Dawn
    3) Alien vs. Predator

Scare Zones
    1) SyFy's FaceOff

2) The Purge: Anarchy

Post Thanks / Like

Not TOO late - despite signing up a million times for updates, my husband only got the announcement around 5pm today via email and I still haven't received it from Universal (email) despite receiving all the other notifications!

I was hoping this one would come to fruition! The teaser looks great too!

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA Universal must have heard me complaining, because I just received an email announcing the next house! It's...

Dracula Untold!

Another movie franchise - so I think we're continuing to see this strictly TV and Movie theme. We'll see if it carries all the way through!

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA Universal must have heard me complaining, because I just received an email announcing the next house! It's...

Dracula Untold!

Another movie franchise - so I think we're continuing to see this strictly TV and Movie theme. We'll see if it carries all the way through!
    Here is the blog post:

Journey Inside the Terror of Dracula Untold at Halloween Horror Nights 24

If you thought that Dracula had been banished for good, think again.

I’m excited to bring you the fourth house reveal for Halloween Horror Nights 24—an all-new house that is inspired by Universal Pictures’ upcoming epic action-adventure, Dracula Untold. The film comes out October 17, but you can experience a living preview of it at Halloween Horror Nights, starting September 19.

This house takes you through the terrifying origin of the man who became Dracula. Each room contains gothic scenes that highlight Vlad the Impaler’s transition into the bloodthirsty creature.

As you enter the house, you’ll see firsthand the frightening cave that Dracula first emerged from on his path to damnation. The house becomes especially eerie as you progress through a destroyed village and into the woods on the way to Dracula’s foreboding castle. In the final scene, you’ll come face-to-face with Dracula’s victims: those who were impaled and who begged to be saved before he took their last breath.
    Each turn in this new house presents a horrifying experience straight out of the movie, including the war between Dracula and the attacking Turks. Dracula is here, and his thirst for blood is never-ending.

No prisoners will be spared this year at Halloween Horror Nights 24. Will you be able to make it out alive? Grab your tickets and find out.

I wonder if this is the reboot of the monster franchise? They were rumored to be recreating the Universal monsters franchise universe, where they all tie into each other... Like Marvel did and is doing (Avengers)... Mummy is being rebooted as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhh... good question. I think it's entirely possible and makes sense to start off with a vampire before that trend totally bites (sorry, couldn't help it) the dust.

The dramatic Teen Wolf reboot does well on MTV, so I can see a Wolf Man movie working.

This might be a nice setup for what's to come from Universal!

Post Thanks / Like

More revealed, this time original content, nothgn IP based:

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Original Content Revealed

So, we’ve already heard about some of the terror that will descend upon Halloween Horror Nights 24 this year (if not, click here). It could be the best collection of horror icons we’ve ever unleashed.

But that’s not enough. Not nearly enough. We’ve saved some of the best for last with the unveiling of this year’s (duhn duhn duhn) ORIGINAL CONTENT.

I met up with Assistant Show Director Charles Gray deep in the bowels of the Universal Orlando Art & Entertainment dungeon. Actually, it was a conference room. But it was the nose-piercing, disorienting scents that hit me on my way in that really captured my attention. Rotting flesh, urine and…baby powder?

My olfactory senses did not deceive me. At this point, Charles was nostrils-deep in a scent strip. He recoiled, his face so squished together he looked like a character from those bitter beer face commercials.

“Hey, come on in!” he exclaimed as his face snapped back into place. “We’re just in the middle of some scent testing. This one’s called ‘dung.’”

He handed me the inconspicuous-looking white strip and waited, now smiling, for my disgusted reaction. This was going to be an interesting afternoon.

Meet Charles

Charles, can you tell me a little bit about what you do here at Universal?

I started here in 1993 at Nickelodeon Studios and worked my way into a roll as a scareactor. I also played Ozzy Osbourne in The Bill and Ted Show and Frankenstein in Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue. Now I answer questions like, “How do you want this neck severed? Clean cut or ripped apart?” It’s pretty awesome.

I’m curious, on a scale of Gargamel to Hannibal Lecter, how sick and twisted are you?

I land somewhere around Jekyll and Hyde. I’m a pretty kind, sweet guy, but when you flip my switch I’m completely messed up and evil.

What got you into this world of scaring the hell out of people?

Funny story, I actually come from a really conservative family. I remember when I was a kid and my Sunday School teacher showed my mom these drawings I was doing of people with their heads exploding and guts flying out. So, the teacher asked my mom, “Hey, do we need to be worried about Charles?” The cool thing was my mom said, “Nope, he’s just expressing himself.” That really emboldened me.

Original House: Dollhouse of the Damned

Let’s get to the houses. Tell me about Dollhouse of the Damned.

The word to keep in mind here is ‘juxtaposition.’ When you walk into the house, you find yourself in this old-time morgue. But this little girl has set up shop and now it’s her playhouse. She’s torturing people in there. So you’re taking the sweetness of the dollhouse and childhood and combining it with something completely sinister. That theme remains throughout the maze. Another phrase we use is ‘forced integration.’ You’ll see characters with porcelain doll masks that have been smashed into their faces, and now they’re permanent. They’re victims of this twisted amalgamation. It’s really creepy.

Did you have an older sister who made you play with dolls? It seems like you’re releasing a lot of pent up anger here.

I actually have two young daughters, so there are a lot of dolls in my house. When I come home late at night and see these sparkly eyes staring at me in the dark—and I don’t have pets—it’s a little disturbing. The weird thing about dolls is that even if they’re smiling, they’re soulless. They always look sinister in the dark, even the cutest ones.

There is a feeling of innocence associated with dollhouses. What kind of fun did you have flipping that on its head?

Yeah, we have a room with baby cribs—and let’s be honest, there’s nothing cuter than a baby, so we had to mess with that. We created these muscular, mutant baby dolls and they’re crawling around all over the place. I’m telling you, it’s bizarre.

Post Thanks / Like

Continued:
    Original House: Giggles & Gore Inc.

Giggles & Gore Inc…Alright, lay it on me Charles.

So, we asked ourselves, where do evil clowns come from? And we discovered evil clowns are not born, they’re made. It’s an actual process. We all know that there are countless unsolved disappearances across the country. Where do these people end up? In the clown factory, being stretched, smashed and eviscerated.

Faces are peeled off and voice boxes are torn out. Victims are dropped into a wood chipper, and the gunk that comes out is shoved into other people to create these massive, nasty stuffed clowns.

Toward the end, you encounter the most evil of all evil clowns: The Discarded. These are the surviving clowns that have been cast down for being too dangerous to exist, even with other evil clowns.

Post Thanks / Like

Third announced original content house:

Original House: Roanoke – Cannibal Colony

I’m really intrigued by this maze, especially because it’s loosely based on real events. What can we expect in Roanoke?

The year was 1587. It was one of the first settlements of the colonial era. The people living here were expecting supplies from Europe, but there was a war going on so they couldn’t make the voyage. Three years later, when the supply ship finally arrived, everyone was gone…except the deranged cannibals who’d managed to survive by eating their fellow settlers.

As a guest, you’re fighting you’re way through this chaotic gauntlet of flesh-hungry man-eaters. What’s cool about the set is that Karen, our décor guru, has traveled up to Virginia to some of these historic settlements and brought back photos for us to use as visual reference. So, the scenery you’re observing throughout the maze is all pulled straight from theses real-life settlements.
    What’s this business about the “spirit of Wendigo?” I’m pretty sure my family rented one of those for a road trip when I was a kid.

I think that’s a Winnebago… The spirit of Wendigo is something much more sinister. It’s actually a mythical Native American creature that curses all those who ingest human flesh. These people have snapped, and they have to somehow justify their cannibalism. They think they’re being possessed by the Wendigo spirit. They start eating their own mouths. They’ve chewed away their lips. They’ve just completely lost it.

There seems to be an interesting end to this maze. What kind of carnage should we look forward to?

There’s a surprise in the finale that I won’t give away, but you will definitely meet some really interesting characters in all sorts of different states of decay. You’ll just have to check it out for yourself.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: