Quantcast Goodbye Jammin' Jungle Parade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodbye Jammin' Jungle Parade

Today is the last day for Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, the afternoon parade at Animal Kingdom. I'll admit I only saw it a handful of times, but the costumes were bright and the music was catchy. I enjoyed it for what it was, even if viewing was kind of difficult at times.

I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other, but am eager to see the 'new' AK come together. I'm especially excited about the new nighttime extravaganza!

Anyone going to miss MJJP?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, although it wasn't a must do, it was unique and probably the most interactive parade I've ever attended. It's sad but I can't see what they do to replace it

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Miss it? Nah... Never had an attachment to it... Never cared if I saw it or not... The first two times, it was cool, but after that, not so much...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We've seen it a couple of times. The second time was by accident. We were in route to an attraction and got stuck in a crowded area. We figured we'd watch it since it would be discontinued. It was cute and lively, but I wouldn't consider it something that we would miss.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, I loved everything about this parade - music, costumes, animal floats - but I hated the parade itself for how it totally cut off the park while running. Several times we had gotten caught up in that mess and once even missed a reservation elsewhere because we just couldn't get out of Animal Kingdom. I'll miss it but I won't miss it.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite parade and I will really miss it very much! It was colorful and lively and unique with the human powered floats. I'm so glad I made a point to be there for it one last time when I was there two weeks ago.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

This was always our favorite parade, especially the Christmas version. I'll miss it,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to miss it so much! I'm glad I got to be in the parade once
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This was my DW's favorite and was our queue to head to the exit of the Park after it was over. Hate to see it go. What are we gonna do in September?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely miss it. I enjoyed it, but it isn't something I had to see. The reason I will miss it is because of the kids. To me, it's sad that Disney is taking away some parades. The kids LOVE the parades. We were upset when they took away the Pixar parade at the Studios, now this one. Parades were always an iconic part of Disney. I think it is sad they are fazing them out.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved this parade - so colorful and fun! I'm glad I got to see it for the first (and last) time this past year. My other favorite daytime parade was Stars and Cars - also gone. We've never stuck around for the MK parades - sounds like it's too much hassle to get a good viewing spot so we usually head out for a break before that time.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's been a while since this was posted, but I agree with most. I love this parade, and wil miss it a lot.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the parade. I liked the music, too. I have it on my iPod. I still listen to it regularly.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this parade, and I will miss it. Unfortunately I've only seen it a handful of times since I usually only spend the mornings at AK and leave after lunch.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Basically, I loved everything about this parade - music, costumes, animal floats - but I hated the parade itself for how it totally cut off the park while running. Several times we had gotten caught up in that mess and once even missed a reservation elsewhere because we just couldn't get out of Animal Kingdom. I'll miss it but I won't miss it.
    I feel the same.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it too. Reminded me a bit of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams which is my all time favorote of Disney park parades.
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    I liked it too. Reminded me a bit of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams which is my all time favorote of Disney park parades.
    JJP wasn't my fav, but it was cute. I agree about ToN. That is truly my favorite. Even over 10 years later I still miss that parade greatly!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I agree about ToN. That is truly my favorite. Even over 10 years later I still miss that parade greatly!
    That was Stephanie's favorite. She was talking about how much she missed during on our recent August trip.

We normally don't stay at AK after lunch so only saw the parade a couple times. We were asked as a family to be in it but the girls and grandma said they would rather watch than be on a float. Only time we have ever been asked at any park so I should have just said yes without giving them a choice. Lol
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked when they turned it into Jingle Jungle Parade... I will miss it.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    My all time favorite parade as well! I understand that epcot wasn't/isn't laid out well for parades, but I really wish they had found another home for this parade.

As for JJP, we really like it, but like so many others it's been a while since we actually watched it. Loved the Christmas conversion of this one. Kinda sad to see it go, even tho we haven't taken time to see it in years.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: