Quantcast Have 4 1-day park hopper passes for 2 people - ?'s on linking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have 4 1-day park hopper passes for 2 people - ?'s on linking

I won 4 1-day park hopper passes at an auction so my husband and I are taking a trip at the end of September for a few days. We haven't been to Disney since 2010 and I've been keeping up with all the changes on MDE, Magic Bands, FP+, etc..

I logged on to MDE to start linking everything (we are staying at POFQ). Here's my question on linking tickets (Our plan is to visit the parks for 2 days each. Essentially using up all 4 of the 1 day passes)

* I've registered all 4 tickets just fine. However - I'm not in my 60 day window just yet to reserve the FP's so not sure what it's going to look like when I get ready.

* Would I just attach the first two tickets (for our first day) to a certain DAY while we are there (ie: Sunday), and then attach the second two tickets (for the second day - ie: Monday).

Is that how this would work? Attaching specific tickets to a specific day for the FP's and then just making sure that THOSE tickets are the ones we use for the specific day? I don't want to wait until my 60 day window opens up and then run into all sorts of confusion. ha ha

Thanks for anyone that can help!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like tickets are linked to people not days. I have old tickets and had to assign them to specific people
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm still not clear how the Magic Band will "know" which FP's are linked to which 1 day park hopper pass and therefore, which FP's are linked to that ticket.

My confusion is that there are 2 1-day park hopper passes attached to each band but I will be making FP's and attaching them to specific cards so want to make sure the band is smart enough to know which is which. I may just have to call to make sure I'm clear on it.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

my understanding is that it doesnt matter--as long as both tickets are linked to the same person. All the data is there. I just did this for our trip in 14 days (we had 2 comp tickets to use for someone in our group-the rest of us are AP) and it let me book 2 days worth of FP, when I went to book a 3rd day, just to see how it worked, it told me the fastpass allotment for the tickets linked had been reached. So, I imagine, as long as that info is stored, once one ticket is activated, you'll get those "allotments" and the fast passes arent actually linked to a ticket but to a bank of how many you are allowed based on what is in your account.

Im not sure that makes sense, but i hope it does. I'll let you know when we get back if we had any problems (unless someone wiser comes along before then)
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. I ended up calling the help desk at Disney and they basically said what you just did - so it's nice to hear consistent information. She told me I was over-thinking things - ha ha. But since we haven't been since 2010 and I haven't seen how the MDE works on-line - I was sort of blindly trying to figure out how it would work but sounds like it will all be ok! Thanks for the response!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

POFQ - Sept 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: