Quantcast Avatar Land - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avatar Land

Post Thanks / Like

Avatar, based on what Carsland at DL brought to the table, will redefine the theme park experience.

Don't believe what the doom and gloom love to type around the net, Avatar will be amazing.

Jimmy Thick- I knew a girl named Ava once, she made great spaghetti...
    Disney Forum Legend/ Published Author / Disney Stock Holder / Marine / Police Officer / Loving Husband and Father / World of Warcraft addict / Fantasy Football Champion...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    While it is James Cameron and the sequels will probably get made eventually, he likes to take his time. Avatar was 4-15 years in developments. Until the filming starts we can't say anything with certainty. I believe the last update was fall 2014 for filming.
    Just read the article that the Avatar sequel release date got pushed back a year and thought of this post. Also the article has given the impression that no filming has started yet and since he is planning to film all 3 at once we might see further delays.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, with Avitarland you've got two camps; the lovers and the haters...and they seem to be about equal. I'm not sure if that's a good position to be playing from if you're Disney. I'd think maybe you might want "lovers" and "mehs." Or "lovers" and "don't cares." But there are a lot of actual HATERS out there. Personally I have become more of a "don't care" (although I still think its pretty "un-Disney" the whole AK park isn't particularly "Disney" anyway) The problem is that if the movies keep getting pushed back, this "land's" place in the social zeitgeist diminishes. I'm not sure I'd want to spend that kind of coin on a place that just doesn't resonate any more.
    Still, not my circus, not my monkeys.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree that this is not a Family Friendly movie. How can I immerse my kids in a land from a movie I won't let them watch? What AvatarLand does fit in with is the environmentalist causes embraced by those leading TDO. It certainly makes sense from that standpoint. From a family park-relating-to-movie standpoint, I don't get it. It isn't Disney. It's not even remotely Disney. I will always feel that this move was a knee-jerk reaction to Harry Potter at Universal.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Definitely agree that this is not a Family Friendly movie. How can I immerse my kids in a land from a movie I won't let them watch? What AvatarLand does fit in with is the environmentalist causes embraced by those leading TDO. It certainly makes sense from that standpoint. From a family park-relating-to-movie standpoint, I don't get it. It isn't Disney. It's not even remotely Disney. I will always feel that this move was a knee-jerk reaction to Harry Potter at Universal.
    Agreed.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Now that they own Star Wars it would be better to make the Ewok planet of Endor at Animal Kingdom or something like that.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

8. Likes Disney-Nut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    Now that they own Star Wars it would be better to make the Ewok planet of Endor at Animal Kingdom or something like that.
    I wish there was a triple like button for this comment!!!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post

I also agree with that !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Definitely agree that this is not a Family Friendly movie. How can I immerse my kids in a land from a movie I won't let them watch?
    What makes ... let's say "Star Wars" OK as a "family friendly" movie... and "Avatar" not?

best,

................john

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    What makes ... let's say "Star Wars" OK as a "family friendly" movie... and "Avatar" not?

best,

................john
    Star Wars movies rated lower than PG 13= 84%
    Avatar movies rated lower than PG 13= 0%

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree I wish Disney would of chosen one of their own IPs to expand AK I am extremely happy they have decided to finally expand. AK needed something like this. There are hardly any rides at the park, this will add at least 2 major rides and it will eat up more time in the park. Clearly Disney thinks people will be spending more time at AK with the addition of the River of Light night time show coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Im with the majority i'd say, big Disney fan..not a big Avatar fan. However, it seems its gonna happen so I am thinking positively, I am sure it will be cool and hopefully some great attractions come from it.
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post

best,

................john
    Stu made a good point about the rating systems. But for me, it's the constant foul language of Avatar. Star Wars has a few language issues with Han Solo, but it's all cleaned up in the 3 prequels. For me, foul language fouls it all up. I'd like to show the kids the Avengers films, but the language is the tipping point for me. I don't allow it spoken in my house, so I try to keep what the TV blares to as small amount of cursing as is humanly possible and still keep it entertaining. It's just a preference of mine. I'll watch Pirates OTC, Lord of the Rings, and other films that may have excessive violence for some, but I'm OK with showing them because the language is clean. Call me weird
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: