Quantcast CBR Resort- Starting to worry

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CBR Resort- Starting to worry

I just read a bunch of reviews on trip advisor and saw quite a few pictures of moldy rooms at CBR. We had to switch resorts to get free dining from POR and I am really bummed about it.

Please tell me that you have stayed at CBR and liked it. We will have a car so the size of the resort is not a bid deal.

I just want the room to be clean.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at CBR twice and enjoyed it both times. I had no problems with room cleanliness or anything. My only gripe with it (and this isn't Disney's fault) is that it's a beach themed resort. My house is 2 blocks from the beach so when I go on vacation I want to get away from the beach!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR a couple of times and never had issues with the rooms!

Hope you have a great vacation
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at CBR this time as well. I have heard they are making some updates so hopefully by the time Nov. gets here some of that will be completed. The last time I stayed there was for Grad Night years ago and the rooms were decent but not the nicest of the moderates. I figure we will be spending most of our time in the pool and parks so as long as the bed is decent i'm not to worried about the room.

strmchsr- I know how you feel on the beach theme. We lived in Myrtle Beach for 13 years and for our vacations we wanted to be as far away from beach tourist areas as we could get.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there back in 2010. We enjoyed the resort and the theming. The room was very clean and had no problems with housekeeping. I didn't have a car so I had to rely on the busses. The only thing I didn't like was that the main check in building is so remote to the rest of the resort. That made it out of the way to pick up and return the ECV rental.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at all 4 moderates and CBR continues to be our favorite mod. We have never had issues with room cleanliness. I believe room referbs have just started, or will be starting shortly. Containers have showed up in the Jamaica section recently with what is assumed to be the materials for the refurb.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the majority of the reviews are overwhelmingly bad, I wouldn't worry about it. I've noticed on some of the travel rating sites that you will have ten five star reviews and then a one star review. Its usually because that particular person had an issue with their room or an employee and a lot of the times, it seems to me the complaints are exagerated. However, there's always going to be exceptions, the resort may hire a new mousekeeper who doesn't do a good job and things break, it happens.

Still I understand your worries I do the same thing, worry, worry, worry but so far I've not been disappointed with any Disney resort

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

CBR is our familys favorite resort. We have stayed there many times and love it. We have never had a problem with cleanliness. The rooms are a bit dated but you don't spend a lot of time in your room anyway. You really feel like you are in the caribbean. I especially love the flowers and the colors. Have a great trip!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there last year for the 4th. We really enjoyed the resort as a whole, the theme, the pools. I had no issues with the rooms being clean or anything, but I have to say that for the amount of money that a Disney vacation cost I think it's time for some upgrades to their current resorts. It seems that they are always building more, but the rooms could have used a good makeover. Fresh paint, new carpet (or even steam cleaned) and new comforters would go along way. I wouldn't worry about staying there thou - I think you'll enjoy it!

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in December and had no issues. Plus if for some reason you do run into problems just call the front desk they have always done a great job fixing everything if you do have a problem.
    CBR-Jan 28-Feb 5 2010
    AKL-Dec 2008
    CBR- Oct. 2006
    POR-May 2005
    All Star Movies-Oct. 2003 [kids first trip]
    Coronado-Oct. 2000 [2nd. honeymoon]
    CBR-Oct. 1995 [honeymoon 1st. trip ever]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STIXmamma View Post
    We stayed there last year for the 4th. We really enjoyed the resort as a whole, the theme, the pools. I had no issues with the rooms being clean or anything, but I have to say that for the amount of money that a Disney vacation cost I think it's time for some upgrades to their current resorts. It seems that they are always building more, but the rooms could have used a good makeover. Fresh paint, new carpet (or even steam cleaned) and new comforters would go along way. I wouldn't worry about staying there thou - I think you'll enjoy it!
    All of the WDW resorts get room refurbs about every 5 years or so. CBR is actually going through their room refurb right now, so your visit last year was when it was "next in line" so to speak. Word has it containers were spotted in the Jamaica section, and a few guests have reported on another site that there are indeed working on those rooms as of now.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    All of the WDW resorts get room refurbs about every 5 years or so. CBR is actually going through their room refurb right now, so your visit last year was when it was "next in line" so to speak. Word has it containers were spotted in the Jamaica section, and a few guests have reported on another site that there are indeed working on those rooms as of now.
    That's great to hear since we are going back next year during the same time. CBR and ASS are the only choices we get with the baseball tournaments so we'll be staying there again!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at CBR multiple times - as far back as the early 90s and as recently as 2005 - and I have never had any issues in regards to cleanliness. I loved the theming, just didn't care for the size in terms of the transportation setup so we used the rental car most days.

Watch out for those pesky little lizards that frequent bodies of water, we did see loads more of those at CBR than anyplace else. One night one snuck in our room door and we must've been a sight trying to catch and release it!
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at CBR this past September with no issues. Our room was clean, they were constantly spraying down walkways and cleaning those too.

If you did happen to run into an issue with your room, defineitely let the manager know. I'm sure they would take care of it.

We stayed in Jamaica.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at CBR several times and loved it every time. Always had beautiful, clean rooms.

Now, stayed at POR mansions twice, and had musty, dirty rooms twice. Go figure!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

After years of staying off-property and at the All Star resorts, CBR was the first moderate we ever stayed at, and we all loved it! Fast forward a few years after we became DVC members...we stayed at CBR out-of-pocket. I was a little hesitant after being spoiled by the much newer Kidani and BLT, but once again we absolutely loved CBR! It has yet to disappoint us.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!!
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there with my parents and sister fall of 2012 and I loved it. I can't wait to go back and bring my kids there. Enjoyed the walk to the food court every morning loved the pool and the atmosphere. Only complaint is you need to take an internal bus to get to guest services.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there less than a year ago and the rooms were perfect. I actually prefer CBR over POR anyday. It is a much better themed resort, the food court is better, and the pool is nicer. If you get a room that isn't acceptable, I am sure Disney will take care of it. I wouldn't be worrying about it at all.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: