Quantcast Restaurant for Sister's Birthday?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Restaurant for Sister's Birthday?

Hi all!

I'm normally a WDW gal but this year the family decided we'd go to Disneyland. As a part of our ongoing research for our trip, I have decided to take on the responsibility of looking up places to eat. I need a recommendation on a restaurant that is a nice sit-down place but is not completely expensive. I was looking into the Blue Bayou but it is at the top of our budget. Are there any restaurants similar to the Blue Bayou that are a bit cheaper? This restaurant could be in either park and no buffets please.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would choose Carthay Circle at Disney California Adventure, however it is just slightly less expensive than Blue Bayou. Going at lunch time would cut down on cost somewhat.

Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel is probably just as expensive as Blue Bayou and they are not open for lunch service. However, if you are open to a birthday breakfast you will find reasonable prices in an elegant atmosphere.

Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel is perhaps not considered fancy, but it is a nice sit down restaurant with less expensive menu options than some of the others previous mentioned. I prefer the lunch menu. There are more options than at dinner. Dinner offers both menu items and a buffet option.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at a few more restaurants for our upcoming trip and was looking at Wine Country Trattoria. Any opinions on that Linda?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I've been looking at a few more restaurants for our upcoming trip and was looking at Wine Country Trattoria. Any opinions on that Linda?
    I can only speak for my experiences and they weren't good enough to get me back there again. I've had a few great meals there - a combination of good food, relaxing atmosphere, and enjoyable company. I have had more unacceptable meals there - disappointing food and lackluster service. I've just had far too many things off of the menu (which has changed numerous times over the years) that did not live up to the description given, were far overpriced for the portion served, or simply did not taste good. I don't remember ever having service that was anything to speak of. In fact, I would qualify it as poor.

I actually put up a post last March as I sat in the restaurant waiting for a refill on my drink.

I'd rather go to one of the counter service restaurants. JMO.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Wine Country is a no from me.

If you like Italian, Naples is fabulous. Seriously, we ate there three times on our week long visit recently. So good!!!

I can wholeheartedly recommend any of the TS places in DtD. My favorites are Naples and Ralph Brennans. They are all good though. Catal is amazing but quite pricey. Uva Bar is an abbreviated version of Catal, outdoors in a cool location. Love that place too.

None of the in park TS are great, but I haven't tried Carthay Circle yet (will do so in October!).

Blue Bayou is WAY overrated. Ralph Brennans is heads and shoulders above it for Cajun/Creole food.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: