Quantcast First time on Toy Story Mania - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only been on the CA version of Toy Story Mania, but have never waited more than 30 minutes. If the line is longer, I skip it. Even here in CA it still has a long line most of the day. Much better received than Little Mermaid for one of the newer attractions at DCA. Mermaid is usually a walk on here.

I enjoyed the original backlot tour, back in the days when the Studios were a real studio. I still go on it because it is one of the unique WDW attractions.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad for not wanting to wait in a 70+ minute line. That is insane. We have a rule on our trip we never wait in a line over 30 minutes....heck most of the time it is 20 minutes.

We did wait 45 minutes once to meet Buzz Lightyear when he was my daughter's all time favorite character and that was enough of that. I was so happy we hadn't seen the Frozen movie yet when we went in early Dec - no need to talk a 7 year old out of waiting 3 hours to see a character.
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I also will never wait longer than 20-30 minutes for ANY ride at WDW. Which is why a FP is usually needed for TSM. I like it. But Toy Story is my favorite pixar. I love hearing my kids giggle when I pop the bonus balloons and it blows air in their faces. And hubby and I compete. But I won't cry if we can't ride it every disney trip
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDreams View Post
    For me, I think the draw of the TSM ride is the personal involvement and the intensity. It's fun to compete with the family, it's fun to shoot stuff, it's fun to be whipped around to a new game every few minutes. So it's more involved than a ride where you sit and watch things happen. I've almost always gotten a FP for it, but we waited in the queue once and I remember that being really cool. I love when the queue is interesting, so I can see waiting longer in that one than in others.

It's been a few years since I've been on the backlot tour, but if they haven't changed the props, they'll need to or kids won't know the shows & movies that they are referring to.

The Lights Motor Action stunt show is really good for families. Somehow we had missed that many times, but we finally saw it and loved it.
    TSM is a must do ride for us every time - because of the cool visual effects & the friendly competition between family & friends.
    And if the lines are going to continue to be as long as they are - they really need to make that queue interactive. Its so boring - but its air conditioned - I'll give it that.

You couldn't pay me to go on the Back Lot Tour any more. Lights, Motors as well - I've seen it twice - that's more than enough time.

The Studios is in desperate need of a make-over. But I still think Epcot needs to be made over before the Studios.....
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    TSM is a must do ride for us every time - because of the cool visual effects & the friendly competition between family & friends.
    And if the lines are going to continue to be as long as they are - they really need to make that queue interactive. Its so boring - but its air conditioned - I'll give it that.

You couldn't pay me to go on the Back Lot Tour any more. Lights, Motors as well - I've seen it twice - that's more than enough time.

The Studios is in desperate need of a make-over. But I still think Epcot needs to be made over before the Studios.....
    You had me until the last line. BUt the BLT is horrible. Absolutely dead on.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that the queue for TSM is really cool and fun! We took lots of pictures. Just didn't need 70 minutes to admire it. A leisurely walk through would be enough.

It would be great if they could balance the park out a bit more in terms of ride variety.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it but don't love it. My 27 year old son and his girlfriend are huge fans though and rush to ride it as soon as the park opens.
    June 1975 offsite
    Sept 1977 offsite
    June 1985 offsite
    March 1990 Fort Wilderness
    June 1994 Caribbean Beach
    March 1996 Allstar Sports
    March 1998 Allstar Movies
    March 2001 Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2004 Pop Century
    Dec 2007 Pop Century
    Nov 2010 POFQ
    next trip June 2012 ASM

Post Thanks / Like

Have only rode it once since it opened. Thankfully we were given fastpasses by a cast member we were talking to, otherwise that would not have happened.
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: